January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

An article on SSN suggesting there are few clubs looking at Gomes - for his career's sake (or whatever is left of it) and more importantly - our wage bill, I sincerely hope it's true

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...unsettled-Tottenham-goalkeeper-Heurelho-Gomes

I always felt bad for Gomes. For me, he made many more top, top class saves than mistakes but he'll always be remembered for the latter, which is a shame. One of my personal favorites was against an RVP free-kick when playing the goons at home in 2010 (He made a few great saves in that game). Everyone remembers Rose's goal...but Gomes was the hero that day!

link to a highlights video!

I'm sad to say there's not much exciting activity in Spurs Tank today. Just some rumours of incoming tiny catfish to trawl around the bottom, but we're still lacking that creative mid-swimmer.

Jake Liverwort seems a bit wrong in the head, though. He keeps swimming directly into the stream of water flowing out into the tank from the filter, and keeps doing it even though he's getting pushed backward. There's something not quite right about him swimming against the tide like this.

I am also thinking of installing a bit of slate and calling it the Shelf at Whitebait Lane.

2r5aq38.jpg

Disco Benny in the taaaaaank tonight
Eat some algae and have a good time

Lewis Holtby. Anybody know about him?

BIG FAN. I don't have time to give you my full scouting report, so I'll just hit the highlights. Absolutely gorgeous blue eyes, strong yet inviting jawline, beautiful California style golden locks, and a body that has redefined the perfect ratio for masculinity to huggability. & With a subtle air of innocence to top it all off.... I'd say he's nearly the complete package. 4.5 stars.

We really need to get away from this perpetual fear of what a signing means for another player at the club...........if Holtby replaces Sigurdsson it's because he's a better player, the only way we can improve is to constantly upgrade..........there was no sentiment shown from Campbell, Berbatov, Modric, etc

Holtby, Moutinho.............maybe Damiao...IM GONNA PEAKKKKKKKKK

EDIT: just got off the phone with my friend...a chav fan....he was goin on and said something like "what can be greater than signing ba for 7 millilion" to which I respond "a german stud with a sturdy knee and bright future for free"...he laughed and then said "well how about a 7 million signing scoring a brace in an FA cup game" to which I responded "well how about a 6 million AMERICAN signing scoring a brace in a FA game" :baletroll:

Come on guys, nobody knows squat about what happened.
One source provided almost no details, and the other claimed that he freaked out from shock when she tried to wake him up after he presumably passed out.

His marriage was on the rocks long ago, he left us to try to save his marriage, so please just stop slandering the guy when we don't really have any details about what actually happened.

Date: 17th January 2013
ITK: "The circles i run with"
Player: Cavani + Jones
Source:
itk-itk.png

Probability: 10/10
itk-rumour.png

The Truth on the north London streets is that there will be a huge three-way transfer to set history. Kenwyne Jones will head to spurs, Cavani will head to Woolwich, Gomes and Bently to Napoli. Stoke will receive Arshavin. Spurs will also receive £4.5 from Napoli, word is that this will be spent on a transfer for Louis Saha. The circles i run with tell me this, this all will simultaneously happen at 11:11 tonight. If this does not happen, then the next logical thing will be the end of the world.

I think ibrahimovic would do for us what cantona did for united,but won't happen as he's only just joined psg and he'll cost far too much in transfer fee and wages.suarez is good but city are being linked with a silly bid off 40m-50m.moutinho,zaha and a 'second striker' i.e Suarez,ibra,aguero type player and we will challenge for the title!

I think Messi would be a decent addition, Ronaldo could provide some much needed competition for Bale. I also think Hazard could do a job for us.

Anyone saying Sneijder is past it and would rather buy Eriksen should stop playing Football Manager and FIFA so much. You are talking about the current captain of the Netherlands (best player of his side at the 2012 Euros, best player of his side when they reached the world cup finals in 2010) and a Champions League winning star. Only sidelined right now because of a contract dispute....Compared to a 20yr old talented player that is not even playing consistently well in Dutch league yet. If Eriksen EVER reaches the heights that Sneijder is at right now he will be a very satisfied man.

Anyone who loved Rafa - Sneijder is the upgraded version. Rafa struggles to get into the first team for the Netherlands and is moved around the pitch to different positions because Sneijder is undisputed at his favourite #10 postion. The only downside to Sneijder is that he isn't as down to earth and nice as rafa, his wife is equally hot though. Still, Sneijder would be an absolute coup for Spurs.

Lewis Holtby. Anybody know about him? Haven't watched many Schalke games in the last few years except when they played Woolwich, and even then I only really perked up from the laptop when Schalke scored. Apparently we, along with the scum and dippers, are interested.

I know he can pretty much stay the fuck in Schalke after being quoted saying this:::

Holtby went on the record saying “I have always said that my aim is to come to the Premier League one day because I love the league. My father is English and of course my favourite teams are Everton and Woolwich. It would be a massive move [to Woolwich] because Woolwich players were always my favourite. They play nice one-touch football, they’re offensive, have young players, a great stadium and a great city so it is a nice club.”

Fuck right off blondie.

Back
Top Bottom