January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's ridiculous. No one has said he'd "make us win the title", people understandably want a bit of cover if Kane gets injured. What's so melty about that? Bloody hell, not even a year ago you were saying games against City and CFC were unwinnable and to forget about CL. Now you're saying top 4 is nailed on and there's no need to bother about strengthening.

Why did you come back btw? Was it because we're doing well?

When a statement is that laden with sarcasm, what's the point of dissecting it?

Lots of people on here think it's doom or gloom, on the basis of 1 teenage striker. How many goals would Dembele from Fullham score for us this season in the League? 2? 3?

Argument 1) "We could use him in the cups". We'd quickly be out of the cups if we're relying on someone with litlte experience/fitness to beat some top clubs in Europe. Poch also tends to bed people in slowly, we have a guaranteed 2 games in Europa (Can't play this weekend). Would he even play these 2 Europa games? Unlikely.

Argument 2) "He could come off the bench". He wouldn't score anymore goals than Son or Chadli could playing up top, possibly less than both. With Pritchard and Clinton coming back from Injury, we've got quite a lot of attacking options from the bench.

Argument 3) "What if Kane gets injured". Same answer as above - Use Chadli or Son.

Cover is nice, but only if it's quality. Teenager with little experience/impact or Berahino, established yet unfit and unreliable - Not exactly spoilt for choices. The reality is, even a tired Harry Kane is better than 90% of strikers.

Leading me to the conclusion that, while many are begging for a back up striker, it isn't worth it with the current options on the table. Add in the effect it may have on the dressing room, and it's safer to just buy no one, as we will probably will.

HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAA
Shouldn't that be WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF,
WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF,
WOOF, WOOF, WOOF, ArcspacE ArcspacE

Click on the three little dots, then 'Copy Link to Tweet'.

wNQc1DD.png

Copy and paste the link as it is, and you get this:

If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select the tweet, then 'Copy to Clipboard' should be an option under the 'Share' menu.

Who: Igijedi
Where: SC

Ive never heard or seen this guy before, he's not 'official' #ITK but everyone on SC seems to hold him in high regard.

Supposedly called Alderweireld and gave the time of announcement too which is pretty impressive along with other things.

"Mousa" with a laugh face he posted, this imo is Our Dembele signing a contract.

This is the most pointless post ive ever made but everyone on that site is saying when he mentions stuff an announcement is not far away.

You're welcome.

file_280029_0_Damien_Sandow.jpg

:saha:

Who: Igijedi
Where: SC

Ive never heard or seen this guy before, he's not 'official' #ITK but everyone on SC seems to hold him in high regard.

Supposedly called Alderweireld and gave the time of announcement too which is pretty impressive along with other things.

"Mousa" with a laugh face he posted, this imo is Our Dembele signing a contract.

This is the most pointless post ive ever made but everyone on that site is saying when he mentions stuff an announcement is not far away.

You're welcome.

Just happened.

Contract to 2019.

EDIT: ^ cunt above reported seconds prior.

I honestly think this means we are not signing MD2 as the confusion would be ASTRONOMICAL if they tweet "Moussa Dembele Signs!" with in 24 hours of each other when they are meaning 2 different players :dawsonmean:

I don't think identifying the 'right player' is the issue.....i think Levy having to part with some ££££ to buy this player is the big issue here.
I've got 4 'disagrees' on this post and i don't get why.
This was not even meant to be a dig at Levy who on the whole has done a fantastic job. That still doesn't mean he's perfect and can do no wrong...he's a human being ffs.

Clearly his biggest issue is that he doesn't pull the trigger when we are in really good positions. As i've said:
A) He was clearly happy going into a champions league season (10/11 season) with an untried Sandro and an aging Gallas before VDV fell into his lap.....you don't find this slightly odd?

B) Getting Nelsen and Saha when Redknapp wanted Remy and Samba...not a little weird that he couldn't at least get 1 of them to tie up 3rd (at the very least).

I've got 4 'disagrees' on this post and i don't get why.
This was not even meant to be a dig at Levy who on the whole has done a fantastic job. That still doesn't mean he's perfect and can do no wrong...he's a human being ffs.

Clearly his biggest issue is that he doesn't pull the trigger when we are in really good positions. As i've said:
A) He was clearly happy going into a champions league season (10/11 season) with an untried Sandro and an aging Gallas before VDV fell into his lap.....you don't find this slightly odd?

B) Getting Nelsen and Saha when Redknapp wanted Remy and Samba...not a little weird that he couldn't at least get 1 of them to tie up 3rd (at the very least).

The disagree was very much aimed at you stating flat out that we clearly have targets and levy is telling Poch to fuck himself. Which you have literally fuck all evidence.

But fuck it. Let's all just spout shit.

I heard barca were negotiating with us over Messi. Because of his age though, Levy is only willing to pay 25 million instead of the 30 they want.

What a disgusting bald prick he is.

I was reading sky sports transfer news and I nearly threw my laptop when I saw that Moussa Dembele signs it was only when I saw the pic I realized it was a contract extention with the Dembele we already have its kind of a bore at spurs lodge aint it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom