January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been hearing for days now that we are close to agreeing with Fulham with a {5 mil offer for Mousa Dembele and no announcement of a deal its 3 days to the close of the transfer window and the only signing that we can boast about is a 17 year old Tracy...

gJKLDv2.jpg

The disagree was very much aimed at you stating flat out that we clearly have targets and levy is telling Poch to fuck himself. Which you have literally fuck all evidence.

But fuck it. Let's all just spout shit.

I heard barca were negotiating with us over Messi. Because of his age though, Levy is only willing to pay 25 million instead of the 30 they want.

What a disgusting bald prick he is.
Wtf are you on? i mean really? when did i say that.

I said "I THINK" the issue is that Levy is reluctant to spend more than the issue being we haven't got targets...that's an opinion..where am i "flat out stating"? my opinion is based on what Levy has done previously.

I miss the days where a club would sign 1 or 2 players a year and the fans just got behind the team.

Now there is such a fucking frenzy around it all I wish they would do away with the January window. Instead of supporting the team and trying to get through the season is a constant "x is shit" "y isn't good enough" "z is a tight fisted cunt" or "7 can't play up front on his own"

We have made what, 5 signings this year and still people want more.

Why don't we just appreciate that the season is going well instead of demanding that our team breaks their fucking necks trying to exceed their target.

I miss the days where a club would sign 1 or 2 players a year and the fans just got behind the team.

Now there is such a fucking frenzy around it all I wish they would do away with the January window. Instead of supporting the team and trying to get through the season is a constant "x is shit" "y isn't good enough" "z is a tight fisted cunt" or "7 can't play up front on his own"

Why don't we just appreciate that the season is going well instead of demanding that our team breaks their fucking necks trying to exceed their target.

Are you Levy or related to him? you're taking things so personally.

We was doing well midway through the 11/12 season too right? still didn't stop it going tits up. Everyone and their dog appreciates that we are doing well...playing a great brand of football...good players ...good manager.

Some just think we need to sign a striker to really push on and some don't...quit making it more than it is.

A lot of clubs have too much money and there is a lot of competition to identify and sign good players: Poch has proven that he can separate the wheat from the chaff so whatever he wants is good enough!
(As long as Levy is on the same page)

Wtf are you on? i mean really? when did i say that.

I said "I THINK" the issue is that Levy is reluctant to spend more than the issue being we haven't got targets...that's an opinion..where am i "flat out stating"? my opinion is based on what Levy has done previously.

Okay then. I think the issue is their are very few issues with the squad that can't be fixed without spending about 40 million.

I also think you're a twat. But that's my opinion.

If there was a target in mind that wasn't going to break the bank and wasn't going to cause any problems, I have no doubts we would go for them.

But the thing is none of us know fuck all. So for you to then try and blame levy is why people disagreed with you. Because their opinion differs from yours.

We was doing well midway through the 11/12 season too right? still didn't stop it going tits up. Everyone and their dog appreciates that we are doing well...playing a great brand of football...good players ...good manager.

Some just think we need to sign a striker to really push on and some don't...quit making it more than it is.

Signings don't guarantee your season won't go tits up. I'm glad you're as blind as to think they will 100% guarantee success though. It's always won man city the title after all.

Unless you have names that's all just conjecture.

It's very easy to say there MUST be someone. Very different to identify the RIGHT player, for the RIGHT money.

It isn't anywhere near conjecture compared to saying there is nobody IN THE ENTIRE WORLD, fucking hell what is it with people? The 'right' money is also debatable, supply and demand, if demand is high and supply is low then the price is higher, same effect depending on the the seller's motivation. Our buying motivation is that there is genuinely an automatic Champions League group place up for grabs, a trophy or two, extra prize money per league place and.....in an unexpected dreamland....even a genuine title tilt!

Teams with 'nothing' to play for sign players. Teams at the top of their tree still sign players. We have needed a striker for well over a year and I'm just wondering when anybody thinks there could ever be a more opportune moment to enter that colossal, crazy, monumental, almost utopia like world of having a genuine second striker in the squad?

Okay then. I think the issue is their are very few issues with the squad that can't be fixed without spending about 40 million.

I also think you're a twat. But that's my opinion.

If there was a target in mind that wasn't going to break the bank and wasn't going to cause any problems, I have no doubts we would go for them.

But the thing is none of us know fuck all. So for you to then try and blame levy is why people disagreed with you. Because their opinion differs from yours.
I'm not on this tough guy/cyber thug bullshit to be honest mate. It's a football discussion and you're taking it to this level when nothing was directed at you personally. I don't get angry at someone insulting me on a football forum website because he's taking an opinion regarding football to heart.

I'm not on this tough guy/cyber thug bullshit to be honest mate. It's a football discussion and you're taking it to this level when nothing was directed at you personally. I don't get angry at someone insulting me on a football forum website because he's taking an opinion regarding football to heart.

Really? You seemed pretty butthurt when 4 people disagreed with your opinion as if there was nothing to be disagreed with.

This from BBC sport article on Berahino:

West Brom striker Saido Berahino has "wasted three or four months" of his career, according to Baggies boss Tony Pulis.

The 22-year-old forward suggested he would not play for Baggies chairman Jeremy Peace again after a move to Tottenham was blocked last August.

He has again been linked with a move in the January transfer window.

"It's been dreadful to have an outstanding player who has dropped off because of circumstances," said Pulis.

"It has not helped us at all.

"If he's still here [after January], he's got to start realising that this is affecting everybody. He's got to get back to what he was

.......Interesting that Pulis isn't sure Berahino will still be there after January

Signings don't guarantee your season won't go tits up. I'm glad you're as blind as to think they will 100% guarantee success though. It's always won man city the title after all.
you literally put words into peoples mouths? can you not argue your point witthout..
A) Insulting
B) literally making things up.

Where did i say signings guarantee success? where and when did i even hint it? you literally make things up and accuse people of saying things they didn't say.

you literally put words into peoples mouths? can you not argue your point witthout..
A) Insulting
B) literally making things up.

Where did i say signings guarantee success? where and when did i even hint it? you literally make things up and accuse people of saying things they didn't say.

So when you said "didn't stop it from going tits up" you weren't saying "I believe if we had made different signings it wouldn't have went tits up"?

You are the most self assured person on here. (Not a good thing) what makes you so fucking right? You tie yourself in knots, and when it's pointed out to you that you're wrong, you ignore your correspondents points. You're a funny bloke - but not funny ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom