January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when you said "didn't stop it from going tits up" you weren't saying "I believe if we had made different signings it wouldn't have went tits up"?
Yes.... I BELIEVE.....meaning.... MY OPINION.....meaning...I COULD BE RIGHT AND I I COULD BE WRONG BUT I THINK I'M RIGHT

Do you not see a difference between that and "I'm glad you're as blind as to think they will 100% guarantee success though"

Hopefully you get (or will at the very least) learn the difference between these two things.

You are the most self assured person on here. (Not a good thing) what makes you so fucking right? You tie yourself in knots, and when it's pointed out to you that you're wrong, you ignore your correspondents points. You're a funny bloke - but not funny ha ha.
How can anyone be right or wrong now? how can i prove i'm right when i say i think it's more to do with Levy not wanting to spend than us having targets? and how can anyone prove it's nothing to do with that.

The fact is nobody can do either but some people get butt hurt every time something slightly negative is directed at Levy.

Mine and your previous issue was regarding Chadli in the Leicester match thread...i said he was a good player...you said he doesn't put effort in. Both are opinions but it seems you're still holding a grudge from it (probably to do with Chadli scoring again against Palace)

Fair enough. So there's no need to worry then? Yes, I understand, the squad at the moment is probably strong enough to cope, but two more injuries? Probably not. I'm not saying buy a player for the sake of it, but we've been here before.

I honestly don't know whether there's a reason to worry. Who the fuck does know? I do, however, know that given the choice between believing Poch when he says there's no reason to, and believing the people on here screaming that we desperately need a striker, that incidently mostly are the same people who insisted Benteke would be a good signing for us, and subsequently for Liverpool. Then I know, who's judgement, I trust more.

How can anyone be right or wrong now? how can i prove i'm right when i say i think it's more to do with Levy not wanting to spend than us having targets? and how can anyone prove it's nothing to do with that.

The fact is nobody can do either but some people get butt hurt every time something slightly negative is directed at Levy.

Mine and your previous issue was regarding Chadli in the Leicester match thread...i said he was a good player...you said he doesn't put effort in. Both are opinions but it seems you're still holding a grudge from it (probably to do with Chadli scoring again against Palace)

If you want to think so. My point had nothing to to with the hapless Chadli. I don't hold grudges by the way - can't you just accept it when someone disagrees?

If you want to think so. My point had nothing to to with the hapless Chadli. I don't hold grudges by the way - can't you just accept it when someone disagrees?
Eh? from a neutral viewpoint (and not one clouded by our previous 'issues' regrading the very good Chadli) can you not see that TheJockmur has accused me of saying things i haven't said on two or so occasions? he can't differentiate between someone saying "I THINK" and 100% certainty which is rather scary tbh.

I can accept people disagreeing but i do like to understand why they have come to that conclusion (hence me saying i didn't understand it).

I honestly don't know whether there's a reason to worry. Who the fuck does know? I do, however, know that given the choice between believing Poch when he says there's no reason to, and believing the people on here screaming that we desperately need a striker, that incidently mostly are the same people who insisted Benteke would be a good signing for us, and subsequently for Liverpool. Then I know, who's judgement, I trust more.

Get out of here with Benteke. And fuck quoting Poch's non comments. Don't say "who the fuck knows" and then go on to say that you know. You're right - it would be ludicrous to sign some cover in the position we're in.

This from BBC sport article on Berahino:

West Brom striker Saido Berahino has "wasted three or four months" of his career, according to Baggies boss Tony Pulis.

The 22-year-old forward suggested he would not play for Baggies chairman Jeremy Peace again after a move to Tottenham was blocked last August.

He has again been linked with a move in the January transfer window.

"It's been dreadful to have an outstanding player who has dropped off because of circumstances," said Pulis.

"It has not helped us at all.

"If he's still here [after January], he's got to start realising that this is affecting everybody. He's got to get back to what he was

.......Interesting that Pulis isn't sure Berahino will still be there after January

I don't get what West Brom are trying to achieve by the mixed messages they are sending out.

I'm sure Pulis said a few weeks back that they "didn't want to get him (Berahino) fit for another club" which suggests that they want/expect him to go this window.

But then you hear the stuff about Peace saying he's not going anywhere til the summer.

Oh well, all be revealed within the next 72 hours or so. Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to the 2nd Feb when all this is over!

giphy.gif

There is no way this winter window is ever going to end..... as long as TFC keeps seeing their shadow

4 more days......

Eh? from a neutral viewpoint (and not one clouded by our previous 'issues' regrading the very good Chadli) can you not see that TheJockmur has accused me of saying things i haven't said on two or so occasions? he can't differentiate between someone saying "I THINK" and 100% certainty which is rather scary tbh.

I can accept people disagreeing but i do like to understand why they have come to that conclusion (hence me saying i didn't understand it).

But you seem to be astonished when people disagree? Read your own posts. Just a bunch of "l know best" lecturing. What more can I say?

I don't get what West Brom are trying to achieve by the mixed messages they are sending out.

I'm sure Pulis said a few weeks back that they "didn't want to get him (Berahino) fit for another club" which suggests that they want/expect him to go this window.

But then you hear the stuff about Peace saying he's not going anywhere til the summer.

Oh well, all be revealed within the next 72 hours or so. Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to the 2nd Feb when all this is over!

Wtf are you on? i mean really? when did i say that.

I said "I THINK" the issue is that Levy is reluctant to spend more than the issue being we haven't got targets...that's an opinion..where am i "flat out stating"? my opinion is based on what Levy has done previously.
Thank fuck we didn't get Samba.
It's all about what you have to spend, not what you do.

It's mad though because between 2001/2 - 2008/9 we spend around £120m odd net and we had just 2 5th place finishes.
From 09/10 -14/15 we have spent around minus £32m net and had 2 4th place finishes , 3 5th's and a 6th.

But you seem to be astonished when people disagree? Read your own posts. Just a bunch of "l know best" lecturing. What more can I say?
My initial post was an opinion and in nearly all my posts i always say "i think" or "in my opinion" just so people understand it's just my personal opinion and i could be wrong. Have a look at other posts on here that state We will fuck up because we don't sign a striker..or that we don't need a striker...etc etc...these are definite statements but you've taken issue with mine (and i think it's because of the Chadli stuff where you've clinged on to the way i was going about expressing my belief that he was a good player).

Regarding my conduct in the Chadli discussion i can definitely see how it could be perceived as me "knowing best" but on this occasion? not at all. You're clinging onto the Chadli stuff imo and just moving it into this discussion but whatever man.

It isn't anywhere near conjecture compared to saying there is nobody IN THE ENTIRE WORLD, fucking hell what is it with people? The 'right' money is also debatable, supply and demand, if demand is high and supply is low then the price is higher, same effect depending on the the seller's motivation. Our buying motivation is that there is genuinely an automatic Champions League group place up for grabs, a trophy or two, extra prize money per league place and.....in an unexpected dreamland....even a genuine title tilt!

Teams with 'nothing' to play for sign players. Teams at the top of their tree still sign players. We have needed a striker for well over a year and I'm just wondering when anybody thinks there could ever be a more opportune moment to enter that colossal, crazy, monumental, almost utopia like world of having a genuine second striker in the squad?
As I said, it is very easy to name drop THE ENTIRE WORLD without actually naming a player. It's a cop out.

Especially since you're saying it could be the difference between CL qualification. Name that player, don't just have a pop by saying there MUST be one. Suggest one.

Suggest one to be that difference you so feverishly want. One that is better than Son.

My initial post was an opinion and in nearly all my posts i always say "i think" or "in my opinion" just so people understand it's just my personal opinion and i could be wrong. Have a look at other posts on here that state We will fuck up because we don't sign a striker..or that we don't need a striker...etc etc...these are definite statements but you've taken issue with mine (and i think it's because of the Chadli stuff where you've clinged on to the way i was going about expressing my belief that he was a good player).

Regarding my conduct in the Chadli discussion i can definitely see how it could be perceived as me "knowing best" but on this occasion? not at all. You're clinging onto the Chadli stuff imo and just moving it into this discussion but whatever man.

If you say so. But l can tell the difference between butt hurt and intelligence. You win mate. I'm not interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom