January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we do need someone but does Poch still want him or is he as hacked off as the rest of us?

Seek pastures new I say!

WTF happened to him ?
He looked a player.
For one season admittedly, I wish I'd have had a one season like that in me though.

He was loaned to Napoli last season and spend the majority of it injured or recovering if I recall correctly. He was mainly in Swansea because of Michael Laudrup in the first place (a major factor at least IMHO), you imagine signing for that guy and all of a sudden finding yourself having to take directions from Garry Monk, a rainy day in Wales?

He probably has something in his release clause about not being allowed to sign at a certain level before summer etc. So I can understand why he chose to go help his brother out in a struggelig 4th division team in sunny Spain and recover for ½ a year...

He was loaned to Napoli last season and spend the majority of it injured or recovering if I recall correctly. He was mainly in Swansea because of Michael Laudrup in the first place (a major factor at least IMHO), you imagine signing for that guy and all of a sudden finding yourself having to take directions from Garry Monk, a rainy day in Wales?

He probably has something in his release clause about not being allowed to sign at a certain level before summer etc. So I can understand why he chose to go help his brother out in a struggelig 4th division team in sunny Spain and recover for ½ a year...

As he was released when the transfer window is closed, I don't think he can join another team until the next window opens. The Spanish 4th Division is probably like non-league in England where transfers aren't covered by a 'window' as such and new registrations can be taken at any time.

I've no idea Baz. I think that going from bidding £22 mill for a player two and a half months ago to feigning non interest now won't fool anyone.

So let's not feign interest but instead move on

Did Levy really sanction £22 mill?

Seems incredible after watching that amateurish miss against ManUre!

I would still take Saido in an instant , I think we are seeing a player struggling to give his all after a string of broken promises from his chairman , I also think Jeremy Pearce has fucked himself the greedy cunt should have taken the 22 million he'll not get anything like that now.

post-34533-my-offer-is-this-NOTHING-gif-A-nei5.gif

Players miss chances all the time come on.

I'd still take him, he's young and English so would fit the policy. Attitude is questionable but you'd hope he'll come in and see he's got to work his bollocks off to get anywhere near this team and it'll sort his head out.

Gamble of course, who isn't?

If you don't rate him fine but to say you don't want a player because of missing one sitter is ridiculous. It happens to everyone. I still think he would be a great addition. He is struggling for form a bit but he hasn't exactly had good support around him providing him with chances.

Far as I am concerned whoever Poch wants then we go for, if it's Berahino then fine. We certainly need a back up striker and please let's not keep pretending Nije, Son or Chadli are strikers, there is a reason why we were going so hard after Berahino in the summer.

I mean we do have a good options like Berahino or maybe even bids for Embolo or Batshuayi. I would also love another shot at Witsel, don't mind Waynama but seems a bit pricey for a DM.

So if we are selling Townsend, Fazio and maybe Carroll, a striker, a DM and maybe a winger and I think that's the team pretty much sorted. Nice to think we are close to a relatively complete squad.

I'm feeling shades of Damiao about Berahino.

What's Damiao up to these days, besides being a disappointment? Damn, you just know his agent and owners are fucking kicking themselves for trying to push for that stupid money.

I'd still take Berahino - the fee just needs to be adjusted to reflect he now has 25% less time remaining on his contract.........in reality I think Peace will do all he can to save face and so all we have done is make it easier for another club to sign him.

I'm feeling shades of Damiao about Berahino.

What's Damiao up to these days, besides being a disappointment? Damn, you just know his agent and owners are fucking kicking themselves for trying to push for that stupid money.

Yeah it must have been on their side. :levystare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom