January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we play a game of Russian roulette if I am being honest.

Lose Kane or Alli for 2 months and I see limitations that we cannot cope with.

I just cannot fathom how we fail to find a reasonable snd affordable alternative who can give us options and some peace of mind if something befalls the aforementioned players.
We lost Kane for 2 months last season.

I think we play a game of Russian roulette if I am being honest.

Lose Kane or Alli for 2 months and I see limitations that we cannot cope with.

I just cannot fathom how we fail to find a reasonable snd affordable alternative who can give us options and some peace of mind if something befalls the aforementioned players.
Most teams are in a similar situation if key players get injured though. If Lukaku and Pogba were both out injured for Man U they would struggle I think. If the goons don’t have Sanchez and Ozil fit they’ll struggle. I get what you’re saying but as has been discussed many a time, it’s hard to get a top quality back up for someone like Kane when he will ALWAYS be first choice when fit. As it stands, if Kane and Ali did get injured then we would just have to fill in as well as we can with a combination of Son, Llorente and Lamela I would think. We managed to come second last year despite injuries to Kane, Lamela, Toby and Rose.

Keeping Kane is like a new signing
MKNYraWSA2Kuk.gif

But Pochettino was once again quizzed over potential signings on Friday.

“Until today, now, nobody is close to arriving in this transfer window. Maybe in the last five minutes since we came in here who knows,” he joked. “But when we stepped into this room nothing.

“I think you know how the business is today. I think Tottenham is a club that in three and a half years I’ve seen a minimum of 100 names linked and in the end we sign a few.

And simply put, not that you would think it necessary but the teams around us are better this season and us not quite so forceful ot free scoring.

Strewth.
Everyone panicked when we did little last January as well. We then came 2nd.

People's lack of faith in this squad, despite it's consistent performances above and beyond what is expected of them, is quite frankly a joke.

You'll all get proven wrong again when we finish top 4 with the same old ''not good enough'' squad and you'll all be moaning again next January.

Rinse and repeat.

What would it take for people to have faith in Poch and the squad? The grass is always greener eh lads.

Back
Top Bottom