January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Barton, Morrison, Balotelli, Adebayor, Pennant, Diouf, Taarabt to name some more.
To be fair to Ade, he was sublime when he was motivated by a dwindling contract. If he'd been signed to a rolling deal on solid wages that could be not renewed at the end of each season, he may have become the greatest striker in PL history.

To be fair to Ade, he was sublime when he was motivated by a dwindling contract. If he'd been signed to a rolling deal on solid wages that could be not renewed at the end of each season, he may have become the greatest striker in PL history.

Goal bonuses only would've been perfect for him. Guy was a joke at times.

Of note, having referred to him as concentrated flaming penis, Rabiot’s dad has locked in syndrome; a gruesome condition that is basically a conscious coma.

This happened when he was very young and goes a long way to explaining his relationship with his mother. In a world of fucking horrific agents, they likely battened down the hatches and became an incredibly close family unit, to hold on to what they have. It also likely explains why the mum is tolerated. In a sea of inauthentic monsters, they might actually be quite an honest duo.

That said, she’s probably still a massive dickhead. And he won’t sign for us anyway.
Is that the same thing the guy had in Diving Bell and the Butterfly?
:sonhmm:

Riqui Puig is a nice talent but if you want a real prospect have a look at Benfica's Joao Felix. He's a real baller. Haven't seen anyone dance around with the ball like that since GOAT Zizou.

Just have in mind that Liverpool had a £61m offer rejected, sooo...yeah...aint gonna happen

If it's actually true that we were interested, then I'm very glad this is done already and didn't linger until the summer.

Hell, it's probably a blessing they got it done with more than a week to go until January ends.

Agreed. If we were genuinely in for him etc and didn't get him due to Barca nabbing him I really can't blame the club at all. I want us focusing on the gems. Sadly people don't seem to get it that it's harder to get the top level players than just chucking a bit of money towards a Stambouli etc.

Eventually one or two of the big boys will be available and other clubs won't show an interest. It's all about being patient if we truly want to grow

Agreed. If we were genuinely in for him etc and didn't get him due to Barca nabbing him I really can't blame the club at all. I want us focusing on the gems. Sadly people don't seem to get it that it's harder to get the top level players than just chucking a bit of money towards a Stambouli etc.

Eventually one or two of the big boys will be available and other clubs won't show an interest. It's all about being patient if we truly want to grow
True - and also if there was any shot of us getting Rabiot then this is the pathway for it to happen.

True - and also if there was any shot of us getting Rabiot then this is the pathway for it to happen.

Rabiot, Diawara, Malcom etc its great to see us linked with these kind of players. Personally I was susprised we didn't not go for Lo Celso in the summer. I thought he'd be a lovely little addition but clearly someone at the club thought otherwise.

Rabiot with 6 months left on his contract is definitely an interesting one for a few teams to eye up

Why do we keep doing this?
Poch said the decision to not sign anyone was a brave decision.
I posted it yesterday....
So, we need to be brave meant sign nobody

:sonhmm:

What did he mean when he said we can't continue to compete or challenge for titles while spending small money ??

We need to spend no fucking money

:freund:

Is obvious

Back
Top Bottom