January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Riqui Puig is a nice talent but if you want a real prospect have a look at Benfica's Joao Felix. He's a real baller. Haven't seen anyone dance around with the ball like that since GOAT Zizou.

Just have in mind that Liverpool had a £61m offer rejected, sooo...yeah...aint gonna happen

No way do Benfica turn down £61m for a 19 year old. Looks like a nice player but I'd be disgusted if we ended up lumping that kind of dough on a player like him. Footballs gone a little bonkers, we have to wait until the bubble bursts with all of these silly boy transfer fees

According to everyone in football we were a small club who everyone should have left because we didn't play in the champions league. Now we are a small club who play consistently in the champions league but have not won anything so everyone should leave. God forbid we win the league otherwise the next shower of shit they will come up with is we are only a small club who hasn't won the champions league - so everyone should leave and so the media circus continues.
We're not a small club. We're a very, very, big club. A very wealthy club, and a very well supported club.

But we act like a fucking small club with our transfer policy and still fucking complain when the media take fookin piss!

We're not a small club. We're a very, very, big club. A very wealthy club, and a very well supported club.

But we act like a fucking small club with our transfer policy and still fucking complain when the media take fookin piss!

Going to agree.

It just baffles me how we think we can get to this place called success unless we show the requisite ambition.

Lets see what the next 8 days bring.

We surely need somebody of worth.

So, we need to be brave meant sign nobody

:sonhmm:

What did he mean when he said we can't continue to compete or challenge for titles while spending small money ??

We need to spend no fucking money

:freund:

Is obvious
Look on the bright side the acountants will have less work to do later this year levy also looks after those boy's never over worked that's called being brave.

He was shown around Hotspur Way about 5 years ago.

From what I remember, his Mum (no photos), who is also his agent, was very keen on him joining Spurs as he would have a great chance of playing weekly.

It's the same with Loftus-Cheek. His Dad said if he had his way he would have done everything to get him to join a club like Tottenham.

I think we stand a great chance in signing Rabiot, because we can offer him what he wants. First team football and to be loved. Would he really get in Barca's midfield ahead of Rakitic, Busquets, Arthur, Coutinho, Vidal, De Jong and now Boateng?

Going to agree.

It just baffles me how we think we can get to this place called success unless we show the requisite ambition.

Lets see what the next 8 days bring.

We surely need somebody of worth.
You have to look at the way ENIC operate as an investment company their MO is to purchase low as possible then maximise the margin at a later date.
Player's for an example we don't or won't over pay or what they consider over pay but instead opt for cheap punts, then after some development and polishing up they are ready to be sold off for big money the same as when we are selling but if we are buying then the opposite is true.
That's why we should not be dissapointed when players like de jong choose club's like Barcelona over us because of bigger wages and success nothing we can do unless ENIC go and serious investors come in to take it on with a more ambitious approach.

From what I remember, his Mum (no photos), who is also his agent, was very keen on him joining Spurs as he would have a great chance of playing weekly.

It's the same with Loftus-Cheek. His Dad said if he had his way he would have done everything to get him to join a club like Tottenham.

I think we stand a great chance in signing Rabiot, because we can offer him what he wants. First team football and to be loved. Would he really get in Barca's midfield ahead of Rakitic, Busquets, Arthur, Coutinho, Vidal, De Jong and now Boateng?

I believe the only thing stopping us from signing him years back was PSG promising him first team football.He's since made about 150 appearances for them.

Wouldn't get my hopes up though.

Poch in Levy's office

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom