January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s currently in and out of the inter team as well, so I think it’s fair to say he’s available for the right price. But yes, he’s the sort of Calibre and type I think most of us would be happy to see at the Lane.
Inter are desperate for cash, no? I'm seeing 15 appearances out of 19 in Serie A this season though (and in fact three of those games he was out with covid) so I thought he was playing more now than last year...

I like Sabitzer a lot but i just wonder how he fits into a Jose team. Basically he's a creative player and Jose usually has room for 1 of those. 2 in the same side is pushing it.
Mourinho had Fabregas, Matic and Oscar midfield just fine. Alonso, Ozil Khedira. Alonso can be categorized as creative too,

How a player do with the ball is what important than the description of the role. If you can make the most of the ball, then it's never a problem.

Agree but i don't think Jose plays those 3 together. He hasn't even tried PEH/GLC/Tanguy as a 3. I'd like to see him give that 3 a run before i could have any confidence he'd put Sabitzer in there.

I think the main issue with that midfield 3 was fitness.

Lo Celso entered this season injured (and has had obvious fitness issues throughout) and it's only recently that Mourinho has trusted to play Ndombele for 90 minutes. I have no doubt there were times he probably would have wanted to play that midfield but probably realised that due to fitness issues, if one of them DOES get injured, the other would have to be played with no alternative.

For example, if we sub Ndombele off now, who replaces him (if not Lo Celso?) - we have no one else in our team who can attempt to create something or move the ball forward in the same way.

Sabitzer, Lo Celso, Hojbjerg, Ndombele and Skipp for me is a really good choice of midfielders to choose from in that they all press well and all look to play the ball forward - we could perhaps MAYBE do with another, but I think Winks as 6th choice is serviceable.

If we can sell Sissoko, Lucas and Lamela in the summer - bring in Sabitzer and a wide forward who also has the ability to play up front then I think we'd be a lot better off. Whilst also freeing up a spare foreign spot.

And then of course in defence, we could do with getting rid of Sanchez, Aurier (if he doesn't sign a new deal) and Danny Rose and then improving centre back and right back.

We may just need one summer to really get a squad Mourinho wants. But I wonder if Levy gives him that opportunity

Inter are desperate for cash, no? I'm seeing 15 appearances out of 19 in Serie A this season though (and in fact three of those games he was out with covid) so I thought he was playing more now than last year...

Does look like Conte has brought him back into the fold more, and Inter are going ok these days, which probably means two things, he’s no longer available or the price has gone up if he was available 😒

We really need a ready made commanding CB! An additional midfielder with some composure would also help! A RB would be good too as Aurier has reverted to his old self and Doherty hasn’t been able to settle.

Have a mad week.

Sell Dele, Aurier, Rose , Gedson

Buy Aarons, Sabitzer, Neuchal, Ings and anyone else that will get us back in the top 4. Please no more Thursday night football !
Still if we finish 8th, there won't be !!!

Feck me, window closes in 83 hours at 23:00 Monday February 1st and this thread is not even on the front page.
Aurier and Sanchez out
Eriksen and reliable RB/CB in.

Back
Top Bottom