January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh yeah, a loan under Poch was usually an indicator that the player had fallen out of favour with him or wasn't valued.

With Brexit making it somewhat harder to buy foreign players the academy will become much more important. Both for developing players for your own team and as a way to make money.

Imagine being able to sell 3-4 academy products each summer for maybe 5-10 mil each. That's decent change to use on an incoming. Or just having more academy trained players in your first team.

I think Southampton has a vision of having 50% of their match squad be academy trained or something like that.

Spurs made over £100m from academy players Poch decided he didn't want - Bentaleb, Townsend, Mason, Carroll, Veljkovic and others. Problem he wasn't very good at buying, so over spent on the likes of Sissoko, Sanchez, N'Jie, Nkoudou et al so not sure we gained much in quality players.

Sabitzer looks a leader on the pitch, that’s what we need, players who aren’t afraid to call out team mates, I like him and think he would be good signing. The centre back situation is getting critical - I still think Toby is our best CB and he doesn’t get a kick (bar cup games) these days
Despite the Werner hype he was also the biggest pain in the arse against us in the CL last season (a metric I rather like for scouting players) and positionally would replace Sissoko directly which would be a smart move.

Sabitzer looks a leader on the pitch, that’s what we need, players who aren’t afraid to call out team mates, I like him and think he would be good signing. The centre back situation is getting critical - I still think Toby is our best CB and he doesn’t get a kick (bar cup games) these days
I made the effort to watch that Skriniar character a couple of times, the least the club could do is buy him.

I made the effort to watch that Skriniar character a couple of times, the least the club could do is buy him.
He’s currently in and out of the inter team as well, so I think it’s fair to say he’s available for the right price. But yes, he’s the sort of Calibre and type I think most of us would be happy to see at the Lane.

How do you know Sabitzer will even get in the side? Where would he play? No way is Jose playing PEH, Tanguy and Sabitzer in a 3. Unless he's turning Sabitzer into a more defensive midfielder..

I reckon that's a pretty well balanced midfield 3.

He's been playing CM for Leipzig all season. Doesn't necessarily have to be a pure defensive midfielder for it to work. He still puts a shift in and has the right personality and mentality that this club needs in midfield. He'd almost effectively be Sissoko's replacement, but would put up better defensive numbers.

I think it could work. Sabitzer can play on the wing at times if needed and there have been a couple of games where Ndombele is pushed further forward towards the number 10 spot.
I like Sabitzer a lot but i just wonder how he fits into a Jose team. Basically he's a creative player and Jose usually has room for 1 of those. 2 in the same side is pushing it.

Back
Top Bottom