January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The third party horse shittery that only ever seems to be a really big stumbling block to Spurs signing players? Yes indeedy.
well, seeing as it was always against the rules here (Spam cheated), then yeah. now its againstthe rules everywhere, I believe. As i recall, the third party was said to be demanding something like 30-40 million. .which would have been on top of the amount going to villareal

well, seeing as it was always against the rules here (Spam cheated), then yeah. now its againstthe rules everywhere, I believe. As i recall, the third party was said to be demanding something like 30-40 million. .which would have been on top of the amount going to villareal
Just seemed to always be a convenient excuse as to why we were unable to sign player who then went on to sign for other clubs with no issues shortly after.

I don’t really understand our refusal to have an option to buy Dele? It’s clear he’s not wanted by Mourinho, I’m sure PSG and Poch would pay a handsome sum for him and as we seem insistent on signing a replacement, when Dele returns in the Summer it will likely just add to our already bloated squad?

Only logical reason I can come up with is that Levy is boxing clever in the eventuality that Mourinho isn’t here come start of next season, and the incoming manager would want to use Dele...
It must be due to the low fee PSG offering at this time, perhaps?

If we're to agree on a low fee, it put us in bad situation if Dele turns good for PSG, as we have to replace his HG status on more expensive player.

By leaving it in this state, if PSG really want him in the summer, they have to pay us whatever it take for us to replace Dele.

Worst case scenario, Dele fails at PSG and come back as squad filler. Him having a reality check and us don't have to worry for HG quota for a season.

Just seemed to always be a convenient excuse as to why we were unable to sign player who then went on to sign for other clubs with no issues shortly after.
well, 3 years later. 2 years after 3rd party ownership had been outlawed by FIFA . and by the EU(a year after we tried to buy him, by which point we were looking at Alderwiereld

Pretty sure he’s on Chelsea’s books and currently loaned to Sheffield United matey

Yup - contract until 2023 - like a lot of Chelsea youngsters he must be worried about getting playing time under Tuchel, my guess is Ampadu, Mount, Hudson Odi, James even Abraham will all be thinking long and hard about what they do come the summer.

No guarantee they get playing time with us but it's an easy move across town.

Back
Top Bottom