January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Real Madrid have not received any offers for their Spain midfielder Isco, 28, who has been linked with Manchester City and Woolwich. (AS)

Wonder if there would be a last minute Levy special low-ball offer ?
Since Dele is on the way out..Isco would be a massive upgrade

Following the release of the financial results can anyone really see us bringing anyone in during January?

Unless we sell players we aren’t going to get anyone in I feel.
Depends on the situation with Dele plus how Levy finances the deal , if we were to buy someone there is always the option of a loan with option to buy , or we could agree to pay the transfer fee Over X amount of windows , so I’m not sure that it will have had much of an affect on funds

sabitzer looks a real quality player, if we could get him in and dele or winks out the door then our midfield would be really strong with options.

hes bossing the PSG game

Bit more complicated than that..... If we sell Dele or Winks there's room for one less non-HG player in the squad.

Real Madrid have not received any offers for their Spain midfielder Isco, 28, who has been linked with Manchester City and Woolwich. (AS)

Wonder if there would be a last minute Levy special low-ball offer ?
Since Dele is on the way out..Isco would be a massive upgrade
Not sure he would, as out of form for them as Dele for us.

We shouldn't sell Sanchez, as we may be short of options at CB.
He has had some bad moments this season, but if he picks his confidence up he can at least be a bench / rotation options for us, and he has good athleticism which is useful against certain teams.

Sad that Dele's career is heading nowhere. Perhaps sell him in January and buy a CB (unless Rodon has had a blinder).

Depends on the situation with Dele plus how Levy finances the deal , if we were to buy someone there is always the option of a loan with option to buy , or we could agree to pay the transfer fee Over X amount of windows , so I’m not sure that it will have had much of an affect on funds

Its squad numbers which are the issue - that's why Rodon is not in EL squad, just too many players.

So we probably need to sell an overseas trained player to fit Rondon into EL squad.

.......then there are Gazzaniga and on loan Gedson not in any squad as there are no places available...not to mention Rose !.

The 'obvious' player to leave based upon playing time would be Dele - but that means bringing in another HG player probably.

Not sure funds are necessarily the problem for the right player - its squad places atm

Its squad numbers which are the issue - that's why Rodon is not in EL squad, just too many players.

So we probably need to sell an overseas trained player to fit Rondon into EL squad.

.......then there are Gazzaniga and on loan Gedson not in any squad as there are no places available...not to mention Rose !.

The 'obvious' player to leave based upon playing time would be Dele - but that means bringing in another HG player probably.

Not sure funds are necessarily the problem for the right player - its squad places atm
I don't think the Rodon point is correct. Rodon was bought after the UEFA registration deadline had passed. Cameron Carter-Vickers was registered in that Homegrown spot in the Europa League squad, so we can afford full number of foreign players. Rodon would get that spot once the registration window reopens without us being forced to sell anyone.

Agree with the overall point being made.

If we're to receive a good offer for either Winks or Dele (unlikely though), we can just register Rose as place holder. The issue is purchasing. We would have to offload those Non-HG players for every one of the new potential signing.

I don't think the Rodon point is correct. Rodon was bought after the UEFA registration deadline had passed. Cameron Carter-Vickers was registered in that Homegrown spot in the Europa League squad, so we can afford full number of foreign players. Rodon would get that spot once the registration window reopens without us being forced to sell anyone.

Agree with the overall point being made.

We could have hurried to get Rodon deal done earlier, but didn't as we knew we couldn't get him into the squad. as he's counted as overseas trained (CCV as HG)

If we had a vacant place for an overseas player in EL squad the day before registration was due we would have added a 3rd GK in Gazzaniga or extra midfield/utility player Gedson rather than not registering anyone. But we didn't and equally no hole available fir Rodon even if signed on registration day !

I doubt much money will be spent, but there are numerous possible outgoings (Gazzaniga, Dele, Rose and possibly Winks on loan).

I am certain that I am the largest Fellaini fan on this forum (and probably the only Fellaini fan) but I wouldn’t object to him coming in. Not to play as a midfielder (those days have gone), but as a target man for others to play off for the final 10 mins in games where we struggle to break down the opposing defence. This would help us to play in a different way. Absolutely won’t happen, but I can’t think of anyone else I would want to add

I doubt much money will be spent, but there are numerous possible outgoings (Gazzaniga, Dele, Rose and possibly Winks on loan).

I am certain that I am the largest Fellaini fan on this forum (and probably the only Fellaini fan) but I wouldn’t object to him coming in. Not to play as a midfielder (those days have gone), but as a target man for others to play off for the final 10 mins in games where we struggle to break down the opposing defence. This would help us to play in a different way. Absolutely won’t happen, but I can’t think of anyone else I would want to add
Don’t need Felani , this is why we have vinnie Mk2 ?

Don’t need Felani , this is why we have vinnie Mk2 ?
We aren’t getting Fellaini! But I think the only player who might be brought in is an older player happy on the bench who only gets a few minutes against certain opposition, and hopes to finish their careers with a few more trophies. Probably only looking at free transfers as well

I'm struggling to understand why this rumour is doing the rounds again for what seems the umpteen year in a row.

Not sure who he would replace - can only think if we sold the ever injured Lamela (and not sure we generate much funds for him), we might sign Gray just so we have 'exchanged' an overseas player (Lamela) for Gray (HG) to create room for Rodon.

But Gray has mainly been a bench player at Leicester and can't see him doing much better at Spurs, only advantage is an HG versatile pacey attacking player (but limited end product), and at no cost if we need to invest elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom