January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We should throw our hat in the ring for Dayot Upamecano in January and get try and get a deal done for next Summer. He looks like he's going to be ridiculously good player and only has a £38m release clause.

Sissoko, Lloris, Ndombele might be a big draw for him.

Looks a quality CB.

Maybe not.

Maybe not.
Yeah I think I put the mockers on the poor guy.

Didn’t have a great second half. Still reckon he’s going to be a phenomenal player.

Looks like the Nagelsmann hype train is starting to derail. Leipzig were all over the shop.

He's definitely in-demand but we should still try. We are a big club with arguably the best stadium and training facilities in Europe, we have one of the most famous managers in history in Mourinho and the French captain + french players at the club so we're an attractive proposition.

Toby is supposedly on £150k a week and I can't imagine he'll be at the club after next Summer due to his age. He'll probably be expecting £200k a week-ish. It's only £50k more than what a 31 year old, in decline Alderweireld is on. Pay £38m release clause and offer £200k a week on a six year contract and see what happens (if Jose likes him obviously).

Worth a shot.

Konaté looks very solid as well. Maybe try and do a double deal with Leipzig for them both. At least we'll know they understand each other's game well 😂... If only life was as simple as Fifa.

Upamecano aint getting 200k. Maybe 150k.

What could Eriksen add now? It's rubbish and obviously this is a player, like Ozil who is in decline. Once in that top group of second echelon players but now it seems the direction is one way.

Our next purchase, assuming Rodon is not at that standard has to be to try and find a top centre back. It could be what prevents us this season.

The only way I will tolerate him coming back is if he personally apologises to all his teammates, staff, supporters and then plays for free.

I know we're absolutely full of personnel in the midfield but I'd take Szoboszlai in a heartbeat. Been following him for a while now and looks very promising.

Can score a freekick too..

Upamecano is very overrated defender - every time he comes up against a quality forward he gets burned. Excellent in possession and on the front foot, very average at actual defending ... the EPL will eat him alive playing at CB, Son and Kane would fill their boots.

Wouldn't want him as a CB however he might make a good DCM, but is he worth 50m?

I know we're absolutely full of personnel in the midfield but I'd take Szoboszlai in a heartbeat. Been following him for a while now and looks very promising.

He would be a great add, although I am not sure he would be too keen on being behind Lo Celso and Ndombele, especially if we are only starting one of those guys, but if we could convince him to come he would be a perfect player for us to come off the bench and develop into a starter for the future.

Would think that we would have done most of our business now but I can see a loan for a defensive midfielder to cover to the end of season, so we have a viable option for Hojberg if he gets injured, with a view to either making that permanent or Skipp proving himself in the longer term.

I would entertain a Sanchez plus cash deal for a CB.

Finding that CB is a challenge though. Skriniar would be the front runner, but I think that deal is dead unless we are up the top end of the table around January.

He is some player isn't he? I think everybody will be after him. Probably the best Hungarian player since Puskas! He is uncannily similar to a young Christiano Ronaldo.
By the way, his name is pronounced sob-oss-ly-ee.

He is some player isn't he? I think everybody will be after him. Probably the best Hungarian player since Puskas! He is uncannily similar to a young Christiano Ronaldo.
By the way, his name is pronounced sob-oss-ly-ee.
Agree that he is quite a player at just 20. Has something about him the lad. I really wish we got him somehow in the near future, what an asset he'd be. Hands down one of the brightest prospects he is imho...

Love the way his name is pronounced as well.

Back
Top Bottom