January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well city and Chelsea havent won anything really these trophies were bought and paid for in blood money and stolen roubles
That’s why I’m calling their money dirty. They’re disgusting and I don’t envy them. I know many football fans will disagree with me but you can keep your trophies if that’s what it takes.

Imagine that. We would need to make £40m just to to cover the original outlay (£20m plus Lamela)

I don't think the deal was anywhere near as clear as that and there's no way, we, of all clubs, ever made a deal worth 40 million for a nobody kid.
Not that Spurs would ever declare it.

So we've given up on Gil then if we're willing to loan him out for 18 months. Probably hoping he tears up La Liga and Barca/Madrid pay big money for him.

I can only think he doesn’t fit the system and Conte wants him gone. If that’s the case we have Gil and Royal, two decent players but without roles. Royal is a defensive right back but we have no RB spot in the team only Wing back and centre back and Gil is a young AM who might be great for a Pep type of system.

Leads me to think if Conte leaves in 18 months we will have constructed a team for him but will then need to rebuild it all again when a new manager with a new style comes in. We could end up selling Royal and Gil and then get a manager who needs those type of players.

*mayonnaise" just saying...
Two egg yolks.
Mustard.
Pinch of salt.
Incorporate oil very slowly whilst whisking. A teaspoon at a time at the beginning. Then gradually more.
Once you have the desired quantity add either lemon juice or vinegar and rectify seasoning.

Use a big bowl or electric whisk to make your life easier.

I don't think the deal was anywhere near as clear as that and there's no way, we, of all clubs, ever made a deal worth 40 million for a nobody kid.
Not that Spurs would ever declare it.

Are you referring to the original price. It was reported in the media as around 25m Euro plus Lamela I believe.

Agree, so why loan him out?
Well if he's going to get games at Valencia, that's probably a better situation for him for the next six months.

And if there's a clause to extend, let's see what the terms of that are I guess.

It's hard to see where this stuff will land amidst all this chaos. It's a shitty way to do business regardless, but not much choice but to wait and see.

Gil might not be a PL-style player, and I think he's best as a 10 which Conte doesn't use, so there's plenty of cause for "why did we buy this guy" type inquests. But he's a really promising young player, and too many people are pretending that isn't true.

Also, we binned off Lamela in the deal. As we can see, getting rid of dead wood is no mean feat. We're in the black on that transaction, no question.

If we got in Kulusevski, Bentancur and Morata.

I'm happy enough. I think we still need a RWB.

It'd be a bit concerning to let all 3 of Dele, Gio & Ndombele go.

Now Lyon have sold Guimaraes to Newcastle (which has upset his pal Paqueta) and with PSG unable to sign N'Dumbele because they've not shifted any of their expensive deadwood...'rumor' in France has it that Mr Aulas could look to bring one of his old protégés back on loan.

I've a few pals who are huge & influent OL fans...and on pretty good terms with a well-known French journo who loves their club and covers it for a big press title...they've talked of JMA having plans to re-unite with a former star midfielder of his. Most likely scenario is Tolisso from Bayern. But friends & journo both agreed that a move from Lyon for N'Dumb isn't so far-fetched at all.

I am NOT saying I'm in the know of anything. I'm just saying I've got friends in Lyon and that's what they're saying to me. So no bashing me if doesn't come true or whatever.

Comparing Gil to Clarke is absurd.

Guys, Gil is a senior Spanish international at age 20.

He's also made more appearances for us THIS JANUARY than Clarke has in his full three seasons.
Gil is worse than Clarke. He cost us more. I was shot down for saying it, but these Youngsters Levy keeps buying in the hope of hitting the jackpot, are normally a receipt for disaster. Gil may have potential but do we really look like a team that have the depth in order to allow him to play until he finds his groove? Compare him to Saka, Greenwood, Rashford... Etc. Did we really buy wisely?

Well if he's going to get games at Valencia, that's probably a better situation for him for the next six months.

And if there's a clause to extend, let's see what the terms of that are I guess.

It's hard to see where this stuff will land amidst all this chaos. It's a shitty way to do business regardless, but not much choice but to wait and see.

Gil might not be a PL-style player, and I think he's best as a 10 which Conte doesn't use, so there's plenty of cause for "why did we buy this guy" type inquests. But he's a really promising young player, and too many people are pretending that isn't true.

Also, we binned off Lamela in the deal. As we can see, getting rid of dead wood is no mean feat. We're in the black on that transaction, no question.
I agree he’s promising, love how direct he can be, but I see nothing to be gained from a return to La Liga. He’ll simply fall back into old ways - the rhythm of the game, the physical dimension, the speed - all different.

If it’s a case of him not being strong enough, then what on earth were we scouting in the first place? It’s like us coughing up for Janssen and no one realised he ran the hundred in 27 seconds.

I want him to stay. If we think he’s special then keep him and use him as an impact player and given him the FA cup games.

It’s just all so directionless.

Wirtz would not cost a little bit more as I doubt he would cost any less than Haivertz (£62M, which could rise to £71M), and clubs like Real M. and Bayen are keen on him...
But I am surprised how expensive Kulusevski is. I much rather have a loan deal with an option to buy...

I’m not sure Wirtz would cost the same as Havertz to be honest, his profile isn’t quite at the same level as when Havertz moved (and moved to Chelsea).

I just don’t understand how Kulusevski could be valued at 40m right now - he’s done nothing to enhance his value? I’ve seen a lot less of Kulusevski than I have Wirtz, but I’d rather pay 45-50m for Wirtz based on what I have seen.

Dembele on the right kind of deal could actually be worth the risk. I would certainly rather take a chance on him (in the right deal) over a no talent like Ambarat.

I doubt that we could get the right deal done though and would likely overpaying in both fee and salary.

But with him being out of contract and unlikely to play for Barcelona for the next 6 months, maybe we could get him for cheap and see if he can work. You would have to be willing to walk away from him if he showed that he was a pain here like he was in Barca. But at least he has talent unlike many of our links.

Back
Top Bottom