January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Regarding Gil fee..

£21.6m with Lamela moving "as part of the deal"
In my mind, the kid was valued at £21.6m and we gave them Lamela and some cash to make up that amount.

No fucking way on this earth or any parallel Earth did we give them £21.6m AND Lamela

They seem to slag off every player. They are having a mediocre season so are slagging everyone off
Not true. They think Bonucci is a semi-god, as is Chiellini. They love McKennie, Locatelli still has a lot of support. Dybala is still loved big time by most Juve fans. They appreciate that Morata ain't a natural goalscorer but they respect he always fights, same for Cuadrado, Sandro... Bernardeschi is another fan favourite. Chiesa is sorely missed now he's injured and they all say Juve would be in the top 2-3 had he been fit and firing all season.

But yes, they really have no time for the deadwood: Kulusevski, Arthur, Ramsey, Betancur, Rabiot...as any normally constituted fan would/should

Not true. They think Bonucci is a semi-god, as is Chiellini. They love McKennie, Locatelli still has a lot of support. Dybala is still loved big time by most Juve fans. They appreciate that Morata ain't a natural goalscorer but they respect he always fights, same for Cuadrado, Sandro... Bernardeschi is another fan favourite. Chiesa is sorely missed now he's injured and they all say Juve would be in the top 2-3 had he been fit and firing all season.

But yes, they really have no time for the deadwood: Kulusevski, Arthur, Ramsey, Betancur, Rabiot...as any normally constituted fan would/should
Half those names you listed are club legends and are unlikely to get stick no matter what.

All tactics no strategy is the whole club. Sometimes we have a DoF, sometimes we don’t, sometimes we get attacking managers, sometimes we get defensive ones.

Makes the whole squad building a mess because players suited for one manager or style aren’t good for another so we are constantly rebuilding. We bought Emerson as a right back and we have a manager who doesn’t have a right back spot in the team.

The thing that bugs me is that Conte is a short term manager, by the time we build the team for him he will be off then we will need to rebuild again for a new manager with a different style.
I think Aurier would be a good RWB for Conte.

All tactics no strategy is the whole club. Sometimes we have a DoF, sometimes we don’t, sometimes we get attacking managers, sometimes we get defensive ones.

Makes the whole squad building a mess because players suited for one manager or style aren’t good for another so we are constantly rebuilding. We bought Emerson as a right back and we have a manager who doesn’t have a right back spot in the team.

The thing that bugs me is that Conte is a short term manager, by the time we build the team for him he will be off then we will need to rebuild again for a new manager with a different style.

The move here would be to hire a manager that would fit with the players and/or style we have. But that would require a plan and thinking that as you say the club does not have.

If Conte doesn't work out we are likely going back to a Poch-era approach where we have a project manager that can work with young, cheap talent and hopefully get the best results from them though tactics and improving them. To me there is a perfect fit for that system that would also work with a back 3 based system that Conte uses but I doubt we would go get him and he might not want to come after all the shit Levy has done.

Really though going from Nuno to Conte should have worked squad-wise but for some odd reason Nuno moved away from the 3-4-3 that he used the majority of the time in the PL.

Behind the scenes, there is and have been no constant of sporting vision for how the club wants to play and how to achieve it.

Both first team and every single U team just seem to play whatever tactics and formations they please on any given matchday.

McDermott and Inglethorpe just gone too, seemingly no replacement even attempted.

He’s a sad loser child..
He thinks X-ing every post makes him look cool..

Ahhhhhhh Igula Igula got his kisses back......

Cool!!!!

......Pucker up and lay a few on me princess!

717-7171817_transparent-balloon-emoji-png-love-you-kiss-emoji.png

As per The Sun, Tottenham Hotspur, and by extension their transfer chief Fabio Paratici, have eyes for a new target in Genk midfielder Kristian Thorstvedt.

Not only is he already connected to Spurs and an AMF, but he also takes free kicks,,,yipee!!

Behind the scenes, there is and have been no constant of sporting vision for how the club wants to play and how to achieve it.

Both first team and every single U team just seem to play whatever tactics and formations they please on any given matchday.

McDermott and Inglethorpe just gone too, seemingly no replacement even attempted.
Inglethorpe went years ago? McDermott was a couple of seasons ago. We did replace them Dean rastick is head of the academy.

Back
Top Bottom