January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now Lyon have sold Guimaraes to Newcastle (which has upset his pal Paqueta) and with PSG unable to sign N'Dumbele because they've not shifted any of their expensive deadwood...'rumor' in France has it that Mr Aulas could look to bring one of his old protégés back on loan.

I've a few pals who are huge & influent OL fans...and on pretty good terms with a well-known French journo who loves their club and covers it for a big press title...they've talked of JMA having plans to re-unite with a former star midfielder of his. Most likely scenario is Tolisso from Bayern. But friends & journo both agreed that a move from Lyon for N'Dumb isn't so far-fetched at all.

I am NOT saying I'm in the know of anything. I'm just saying I've got friends in Lyon and that's what they're saying to me. So no bashing me if doesn't come true or whatever.
his wages though?

they couldn't afford even half of it.

Tanguy really fucked us.

We're entering Ryan Nelsen time
images

On this we totally agree.

Turning an underwater liability like Lamela into 20M using Bryan Gil as a fence would be a nifty trick.

But if you can't do the business to take advantage of the 20M, none of it matters.

Levy and Paratici are both "all tactics no strategy" guys.

All tactics no strategy is the whole club. Sometimes we have a DoF, sometimes we don’t, sometimes we get attacking managers, sometimes we get defensive ones.

Makes the whole squad building a mess because players suited for one manager or style aren’t good for another so we are constantly rebuilding. We bought Emerson as a right back and we have a manager who doesn’t have a right back spot in the team.

The thing that bugs me is that Conte is a short term manager, by the time we build the team for him he will be off then we will need to rebuild again for a new manager with a different style.

It's really strange and concerning that we have not been linked with RWBs again after the whole Adama thing.
There aren't many good ones available. Mazroui is probably the only one that we could get in January because of his contract situation.

Adama was to be a stop gap until the summer when he would move further forward and a rwb signed.

his wages though?

they couldn't afford even half of it.

Tanguy really fucked us.
If that was to happen, I reckon we'd cover a good 50% of it. For OL it's help they really need til end of the season. For Dombz it's an opportunity to get himself back in the shop window, trying to get another big move in the summer. For us, it's still 50% of his pay packet saved and he's no longer a distraction in the locker room with his sulking.

No real downside to it, that's why I reckon OL fans & journos can see it happen. Lyon might even try to get us to take Shaqiri in return or do us a deal on Aouar. I wouldn't take either

'I'll celebrate when we sell Arthur, Ramsey, Bentancur and Rabiot.'
'Rabiot off for Bentancur Swapping gonorrhoea for genital warts'
'Bentancur being shit already'
'still better than Bentancur IMO. Bentancur is the worst player I have ever seen'
'Is that fuckin Bentancur about to come in. These are terrorist acts.'
'Bentancur is coming on all is saved lmaooo I hate this club.'
'Bentancur cant make a fucking forward pass'

From Juve's forums. Hurry, rush to sign him!
They seem to slag off every player. They are having a mediocre season so are slagging everyone off

So we've given up on Gil then if we're willing to loan him out for 18 months. Probably hoping he tears up La Liga and Barca/Madrid pay big money for him.

That's the best outcome we can hope for, isn't it?

Agree, so why loan him out?

Not good enough for us, too good to rot. Probably wants to play every week so we let him.

Are you referring to the original price. It was reported in the media as around 25m Euro plus Lamela I believe.

There were quotes of anywhere between 27m and 45m for GLC. 55m to 63m for TND.
The media haven't got a fucking clue what players really cost unless the club declares it.
Lamelas value is totally debatable too. I'd have let him go for 10m or less. Walking injury.

Now Lyon have sold Guimaraes to Newcastle (which has upset his pal Paqueta) and with PSG unable to sign N'Dumbele because they've not shifted any of their expensive deadwood...'rumor' in France has it that Mr Aulas could look to bring one of his old protégés back on loan.

I've a few pals who are huge & influent OL fans...and on pretty good terms with a well-known French journo who loves their club and covers it for a big press title...they've talked of JMA having plans to re-unite with a former star midfielder of his. Most likely scenario is Tolisso from Bayern. But friends & journo both agreed that a move from Lyon for N'Dumb isn't so far-fetched at all.

I am NOT saying I'm in the know of anything. I'm just saying I've got friends in Lyon and that's what they're saying to me. So no bashing me if doesn't come true or whatever.

From a football perspective I get it but I can't see anyway that Aulas is willing to come close to paying Ndombele's salary or that he and Levy would be able to come to an agreement over a loan deal.

Back
Top Bottom