January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Moura I will still say tough to move him out wide when he can't pass the ball from the wing into the box. I guess if he values his ability to run with it and then dribble past defenders it could work, but my concern is defenders will just give him space knowing he is no threat at all to pass the ball into dangerous areas.
He has much in common with Traore, however one might want to interpret that.

I just hope we're not planning to push for top 4 with Doherty out there all the time.

I am honestly not kidding I expect that would be the line-up. But I also don't think that either player is one that Conte particularly wants so I don't see him automatically putting them into the starting 11 either.

Yes I would be frustrated to see that line-up for sure after the window. But expect it at this point.
I say again, people way overrate the whole "manager wants player X" thing.

Conte's told Levy and Paratici the guys he can't envision major roles for and the areas the squad needs strengthening, and scouting and landing the support in those positions is on the club.

It was widely reported. Right wing back, striker (or maybe "attacker") and midfield, the latter pushed by Conte ahead of CB, were the targets for three in in January.

That's the expectation level I'm tracking toward.

Maybe the see us as direct competitors but in reality that really isn't the case.

I think what will prevent them from selling us Neves is we will never come close to the value they want for him but if Spurs offered 50m, I am not sure how they could say no. They are a clear step below us and that is with us at our worst and them at their. If we are near our best they are two levels below us.

Iggy-pops, you never did tell us why Admin took away your ability to blow kisses (for a second time)........

If it was to teach you a lesson; do you think you've learned your lesson yet?

Really? Because they seem to love Dybala, Chiesa and a few other players who have genuine quality. They slag off the mediocre players who have them in this mediocre situation, same with most of our fans with our players.

This is gonna be 2 mediocre seasons in a row. And players like Bentancur, Morata, Kulusevski have been part of that mediocrity the whole time. The few bright sparks are the ones they won't sell at all costs, but we're happy to get their deadwood away.
I’m fully expecting some Dybala nonsense tomorrow/Monday.

He has much in common with Traore, however one might want to interpret that.

I just hope we're not planning to push for top 4 with Doherty out there all the time.

I agree that he does fit in the Traore mold so if that was a Conte push to get a player like that (not necessarily Traore exactly) we could see a move.

As much as people think I hate Moura if we have to have him in the starting 11 I would rather see him out there over Doherty or Emerson than played as an attacker/MFer relied on to score and create goals.

I say again, people way overrate the whole "manager wants player X" thing.

Conte's told Levy and Paratici the guys he can't envision major roles for and the areas the squad needs strengthening, and scouting and landing the support in those positions is on the club.

It was widely reported. Right wing back, striker (or maybe "attacker") and midfield, the latter pushed by Conte ahead of CB, were the targets for three in in January.

That's the expectation level I'm tracking toward.

I agree I don't think Conte is giving him a list of 15 players he wants brought in, he is providing a profile of the player he wants at the positions he feels need up grading.

Last edited:
Juventus fans on Kulusevski:

'ffs Kulusevski just retire already'
'How can Kulusevski be so bad?'
'Oh great, Kulusevski is on'
'Kulusevski is soo predictable and mediocre'
' Kulusevski is simply serie B material'
'Why Kulusevski is still on the pitch?'
'Kean and Kulusevski should be playing for udinese'
'The moment you play the ball to Kulusevski it's gone.'
'He's kinda 20 years too late really. Slow, languid wide players don't work out these days'
'He is too slow, not agile, need too much space and time to pull a top notch action, shot or pass. '

I've actually left out a lot of the more offensive stuff. Ok so their fans seem like a childish, toxic bunch but it all doesn't sound good, does it? Confirms what I thought when I watched him. These are people watching him weekly.

He does lead Juve in some categories though

-Most unsuccessful touches per 90
- Most dispossessed player
- Most fouls per game

And this is in the slower paced Serie A, but we expect him to come here where EVERY team presses like animals and him to be transformed? I don't buy it. Sorry.

Would you see us selling our best player to the team directly above us in the PL?

Surely that would be the last team to sell your best player to looking at it on a tactical basis and ignoring other rivalries.

In the past we have sold players to City and United who I would say are in a similar position us and Wolves.

I think if City put in a serious bid for Kane this year he would be playing for them right now.

And really we are in a much better financial and football situation where we as a club can offer big wages, should be able to offer top level football and have the financial power to not need to sell anyone compared to Wolves.

Lloris
Romero-Dier-Davies
Emerson-PEH-Skipp-Reguilon
Moura-Kane-Son​
Exactly are these two any better than what we have already. Surely we should looking at players who walk in to our starting 11? No point wasting time with squad fillers. I’d rather save the money until summer and buy players that are goona improve the team. If conte don’t like it tough! How about giving some of the youngsters game time?

In the past we have sold players to City and United who I would say are in a similar position us and Wolves.

I think if City put in a serious bid for Kane this year he would be playing for them right now.

And really we are in a much better financial and football situation where we as a club can offer big wages, should be able to offer top level football and have the financial power to not need to sell anyone compared to Wolves.
When we sold players to City or United or the City/Kane saga they were way ahead of us, not like just 2pts in the PL.

Anyway Neves is nonsense so if you want to continue with that, it's up to you, I'm just telling you why it won't happen, even if we offered a good wad.

It's also why UTD wouldn;t sell us Lingard or anyone else.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Exactly are these two any better than what we have already. Surely we should looking at players who walk in to our starting 11? No point wasting time with squad fillers. I’d rather save the money until summer and buy players that are goona improve the team. If conte don’t like it tough! How about giving some of the youngsters game time?

I think that Bentacur is better than PEH, but not such an upgrade that he walks into the starting 11. Kulesuvski isn't worse than Moura or Bergwijn but again not such a clear upgrade that he walks in either.

I agree we should be looking to add players to upgrade our starting 11.

Honestly if we did bring them in I would like to see 3-5-2 with a MF/attack of:

Skipp
Kulusevski Bentacur

Kane Son

Juventus fans on Kulusevski:

'ffs Kulusevski just retire already'
'How can Kulusevski be so bad?'
'Oh great, Kulusevski is on'
'Kulusevski is soo predictable and mediocre'
' Kulusevski is simply serie B material'
'Why Kulusevski is still on the pitch?'
'Kean and Kulusevski should be playing for udinese'
'The moment you play the ball to Kulusevski it's gone.'
'He's kinda 20 years too late really. Slow, languid wide players don't work out these days'
'He is too slow, not agile, need too much space and time to pull a top notch action, shot or pass. '

I've actually left out a lot of the more offensive stuff. Ok so their fans seem like a childish, toxic bunch but it all doesn't sound good, does it? Confirms what I thought when I watched him. These are people watching him weekly.

He does lead Juve in some categories though

-Most unsuccessful touches per 90
- Most dispossessed player
- Most fouls per game

And this is in the slower paced Serie A, but we expect him to come here where EVERY team presses like animals and him to be transformed? I don't buy it. Sorry.

What kind of forums do this Juve lot have, FFS????

.......No bots keeping all the discontents sweet? .......Fucking amateur hour.

Perhaps Paraticci's old boss may be interested in licensing an Italian update of my algorithm...... :sonhmm:

393pmu.gif

When we sold players to City or United or the City/Kane saga they were way ahead of us, not like just 2pts in the PL.

Anyway Neves is nonsense so if you want to continue with that, it's up to you, I'm just telling you why it won't happen, even if we offered a good wad.

It's also why UTD wouldn;t see us Lingard.

We finished ahead of City the summer we sold them Kyle Walker.

Wolves finished 13th last year, they have never finished ahead of us and even now they are one spot behind us based largely on games played.

This is the best they can hope for and us in a down year. They are not a comparable club to us. They have no chance at CL anytime we have the ability to compete for it every year.

We won't get Neves because we won't get any Neves level player at all not because Wolves won't sell him to us.

Yeah i'm not sure i see them selling Neves in January but if you dont try you dont get. He has 2.5 years on his contract so they will probably sell in the summer. Make them a great offer and see what happens.
They wanted (close to) 50m for Traore this summer. Some think N’Dombele is worth 40+m.

Neves is twice the player that either are. Probably one of the best MFers in the EPL. He’s only 24. He’ll basically cost as much as Declan Rice with an adjustment for HG.

At those prices, 75M+ is more is realistic.

What kind of forums do this Juve lot have, FFS????

.......No bots keeping all the discontents sweet? .......Fucking amateur hour.

Perhaps Paraticci's old boss may be interested in licensing an Italian update of my algorithm...... :sonhmm:

393pmu.gif

They make us look like a happy, civil bunch.

Back
Top Bottom