January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Your prices are utterly insane...... And you actually think they're significantly reduced??? :pochshock:

Ndombele 45m????

Levy would give Parratici a job for life if he could pull that off!!!

........Get 30m for GLC too and he'd probably make the guy chairman and retire!!!!
That's realistic. Psg will pay that no problem for tanguy and a team in Spain would pay that because lo celso has done it over there before. Tanguy has been a cunt here but he's still a talented player at the right club.

Bentacur and Diaz are better than PEH and Winks so at least adding them makes more sense than someone like Amrabat, but as you say they are not the type of MF that we should be looking to add.

I think if we brought them in with a more creative/attacking MF and moved out one of PEH and Winks that would be good business but to bring them in to make our Midfield rotation Skipp, PEH, Winks, Bentacur/Luiz means we have zero attacking, progression, passing, creativity or scoring from our midfield makes very little sense.
Isn’t it clear conte doesn’t want creativity from midfield. His style requires the WBs to provide it.

Even Levy isn't stupid enough to think he can get over £100m for those players. We are probably looking at less than £5m for Doherty and at most £15m for the others. The whole world saw how bad they were against Morecambe and Mura, nobody is giving us big money for them.
Newcastle would pay £20m for dele 100% imo. Tanguy although flopped here psg won't think twice about dropping £45m on him it's nothing for them.

That's realistic. Psg will pay that no problem for tanguy and a team in Spain would pay that because lo celso has done it over there before. Tanguy has been a cunt here but he's still a talented player at the right club.

Mate, you clearly haven't been paying attention...... They don't even want him on loan for nish!

By the same token; most Spanish clubs don't buy 30m players and all the big boys there sure as fuck won't want him.

We finished ahead of City the summer we sold them Kyle Walker.

Wolves finished 13th last year, they have never finished ahead of us and even now they are one spot behind us based largely on games played.

This is the best they can hope for and us in a down year. They are not a comparable club to us. They have no chance at CL anytime we have the ability to compete for it every year.

We won't get Neves because we won't get any Neves level player at all not because Wolves won't sell him to us.
Wolves are right next to us in the PL, they're not going to sell us their best player, unless we do a Berbatov and pay way over value.

City paid £50 million for Walker in 2017

The End

Juventus fans on Kulusevski:

'ffs Kulusevski just retire already'
'How can Kulusevski be so bad?'
'Oh great, Kulusevski is on'
'Kulusevski is soo predictable and mediocre'
' Kulusevski is simply serie B material'
'Why Kulusevski is still on the pitch?'
'Kean and Kulusevski should be playing for udinese'
'The moment you play the ball to Kulusevski it's gone.'
'He's kinda 20 years too late really. Slow, languid wide players don't work out these days'
'He is too slow, not agile, need too much space and time to pull a top notch action, shot or pass. '

I've actually left out a lot of the more offensive stuff. Ok so their fans seem like a childish, toxic bunch but it all doesn't sound good, does it? Confirms what I thought when I watched him. These are people watching him weekly.

He does lead Juve in some categories though

-Most unsuccessful touches per 90
- Most dispossessed player
- Most fouls per game

And this is in the slower paced Serie A, but we expect him to come here where EVERY team presses like animals and him to be transformed? I don't buy it. Sorry.
GIF by Got Talent Global

Isn’t it clear conte doesn’t want creativity from midfield. His style requires the WBs to provide it.

Not really

In the past he had players that provided creativity and passing. His team last year at Inter Barella, Brozovic, Erisken even Vidal all much better on the ball than every single one of our MFers.

At Chelsea Fabregas, Matic even Kante all better on the ball than anything we have in midfield.

He doesn't need a classic #10 to pull all the strings but he doesn't want a midfield that can't play the ball and has to be totally bypassed.

There is a difference in not demanding creativity from midfield and having an inept midfield that can't play the ball like we currently have and will have will the rumoured players coming in.

Really? Because they seem to love Dybala, Chiesa and a few other players who have genuine quality. They slag off the mediocre players who have them in this mediocre situation, same with most of our fans with our players.

This is gonna be 2 mediocre seasons in a row. And players like Bentancur, Morata, Kulusevski have been part of that mediocrity the whole time. The few bright sparks are the ones they won't sell at all costs, but we're happy to get their deadwood away.
Don't bother with him, pal. He just comes at you with some outlandish take, then when you debunk it, he starts throwing his toys out the pram. He ain't no Joker, but he sure is a right clown

Wolves are right next to us in the PL, they're not going to sell us their best player, unless we do a Berbatov and pay way over value.

City paid £50 million for Walker in 2017

The End

They are right next to us in the PL on January 29th because of our lack of games played.

Do you think clubs make decisions on selling players based table placement on individual days?

So if we had played theose games and won we could buy him because we would be 3 or 4 spots above them???

LOL

I hope this is the end of your ridiculous idea because it is garbage.

Ok let me now when we sign Neves then...... jeeesh, you're debating something that isn;t occurring as if it might do.

What????

I said we wouldn't buy him. How is that debating as if we might do it?

I am pointing out we won't buy him because we won't pay the money. If we offer Wolves what they want for Neves they would sell him to us. They wouldn't care where we are in the table at the moment of the sale.

What????

I said we wouldn't buy him. How is that debating as if we might do it?

I am pointing out we won't buy him because we won't pay the money. If we offer Wolves what they want for Neves they would sell him to us. They wouldn't care where we are in the table at the moment of the sale.
Has Neves signed for Spurs yet?

Waiting-512.png

I’m not sure Wirtz would cost the same as Havertz to be honest, his profile isn’t quite at the same level as when Havertz moved (and moved to Chelsea).

I just don’t understand how Kulusevski could be valued at 40m right now - he’s done nothing to enhance his value? I’ve seen a lot less of Kulusevski than I have Wirtz, but I’d rather pay 45-50m for Wirtz based on what I have seen.
It's also beyond me how Kulusevski's value has not seriously decreased after 2 seasons of mediocrity at Juve.
I rather Spurs go a window without a signing than totally overpaying due to panic buys.
Kulu on loan with the option to buy would be fine with me - at a fee of around £20M+add ons.

Back
Top Bottom