January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I guarantee you one of those players at least one can be bought for the same or less than the money offered for Diaz..
My point was the general concept of losing out on a player (or anything) and so you should immediately rush out and purchase someone/something else as a "reaction". Its very literally the worst sort of fiscal policy a person or a company or a football club could have. It wasn't specific to the players.

It's also beyond me how Kulusevski's value has not seriously decreased after 2 seasons of mediocrity at Juve.
I rather Spurs go a window without a signing than totally overpaying due to panic buys.
Kulu on loan with the option to buy would be fine with me - at a fee of around £20M+add ons.

If Juve want us to buy outright, they can absolutely fuck off. Option to buy should be the only deal considered, no way should we be taking him off their hands without knowing if he can recover form away from them.

They wanted (close to) 50m for Traore this summer. Some think N’Dombele is worth 40+m.

Neves is twice the player that either are. Probably one of the best MFers in the EPL. He’s only 24. He’ll basically cost as much as Declan Rice with an adjustment for HG.

At those prices, 75M+ is more is realistic.
I'd say around £60m but is that better for a proven quality prem player in a position we desperately need to fill than keep buying £25m types that need to be replaced a few months later? All i know is our current strategy, if it can be called that, isnt working.

We'd only be able to sign Neves if we paid way above his market value.

Which in our position is just silly, we're not Man City, we don't have the means to operate that way.

Get real man!!

I haven't argued that.

I also have repeatedly said we won't get him.

What exactly do I have to get real about?

You're living in a fictive reality where we haven't bought Neves because we never met the asking price.

I am living in the real world where we never made an offer because we don't have the ambition.

Keep telling us about how when we sold Walker to City they were ahead of us in the standings. We need more pearls of wisdom like that from you!

Keep telling yourself that Wolves won't sell players to us after all the Traore discussions, the Jota sale. You really are on the right path here deluding yourself into thinking Wolves don't sell players to bigger clubs.

If Juve want us to buy outright, they can absolutely fuck off. Option to buy should be the only deal considered, no way should we be taking him off their hands without knowing if he can recover form away from them.
Episode 1 Applause GIF by Friends

It's also beyond me how Kulusevski's value has not seriously decreased after 2 seasons of mediocrity at Juve.
I rather Spurs go a window without a signing than totally overpaying due to panic buys.
Kulu on loan with the option to buy would be fine with me - at a fee of around £20M+add ons.

The fees being talked about are absolutely stupid, agreed. Then again Paratici spent the equivalent of £60m on Emerson and Gil, so these dumb fees are in line with that.

Why on earth should we offer ~£30m for players who have flopped at a lower level than the PL? This is crazy stuff if it’s true. We should be taking these flops on loan with zero obligation not spending big fees. An option to buy is fine, anything else is negligent.

I am living in the real world where we never made an offer because we don't have the ambition.

Keep telling us about how when we sold Walker to City they were ahead of us in the standings. We need more pearls of wisdom like that from you!

Keep telling yourself that Wolves won't sell players to us after all the Traore discussions, the Jota sale. You really are on the right path here deluding yourself into thinking Wolves don't sell players to bigger clubs.
City paid £50 million for Walker in 2017, that's why we sold him to them.

Be like us bidding £70 million for Neves now to get him.

Do,,,,...you,,,,,,,un-der-stand?

City paid £50 million for Walker in 2017, that's why we sold him to them.

Be like us bidding £70 million for Neves now to get him.

Do,,,,...you,,,,,,,un-der-stand?

I have always understood even when you lied about what has happened.

It is you struggling here.

We had a window in which Diaz wanted to join us and Liverpool hadn’t bid

We were haggling over 4 million instead of just paying a premium price for a premium player

That’s why it’s Levy’s fault
Levy would always prefer to risk losing a player for the sake of a few million off. Strange tactics when you need players badly.

I have always understood even when you lied about what has happened.

It is you struggling here.
The times we;ve sold players to rivals they've usually paid over the players value to persuade us.

We don't have the budget to do that.

It's simple, just take a deep breath and think. Now you know why we haven't bid for Neves because Wolves won't sell him to team directly above them in the PL, unless we go OTT with the bid.

Sorry I can't put it any simpler for you.

The times we;ve sold players to rivals they've usually paid over the players value to persuade us.

We don't have the budget to do that.

It's simple, just take a deep breath and think. Now you know why we haven't bid for Neves because Wolves won't sell him to team directly above them in the PL, unless we go OTT with the bid.

Sorry I can't put it any simpler for you.

You can continue to put it wrong all you want it doesn't change how wrong you are.

They are right next to us in the PL on January 29th because of our lack of games played.

Do you think clubs make decisions on selling players based table placement on individual days?

So if we had played theose games and won we could buy him because we would be 3 or 4 spots above them???

LOL

I hope this is the end of your ridiculous idea because it is garbage.

Assuming clubs will willingly abandon their own goals and sell their best player in January just cos peeps on TFC want them to is willful ignorance on your part, Iggy-babes.

Back
Top Bottom