January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

👍👍. The important point is we are hopefully getting rid of three players who were costing a combined weekly fortune, two of them a small fortune to buy, two of them hardly played, hardly contributed and the other isnt far behind…how can we miss three players that almost never featured yet paralysing our budget…

but if they're only loans - it's only stopping the hemorrhaging of our budget for 6 months? then we're right back here in july?

Isak is spelled with a K.
Duly edited.

I was applying the Castellano spelling rule which avoids Ks wherever possible.

shutterstock_69687058.jpg

If the window ends as follows:

In:
Kulu
Benty

Out:
Ndombele
Dele
Gio
Gil

I think I'd give it a 6/10. We have strengthened in central midfield and in attack but haven't addressed the glaring weakness in the first XI: RWB.

Still, I think we are good enough to beat everyone outside the top 3 with our first XI so I'd back us for top 4 even with the RWB issue.

This is like the stages of grief or a breakup.
You look like you've gone past fear, anger, regret and now you're looking to try and find something positive from a bad situation.

I hope these players prove me wrong, but I'm worried we've just signed another 2 that will be as much use as Royal, Gil, GLC, TND etc.

So Newcastle buy another striker. Yep I get they have the money but FFS what is going on with us?

Kane is our only fcuking striker, we are moving on players and yet in this whole fcuking planet we cannot find a striker worth the name to have as a back-up or is considered to be half decent.

I am just flabbergasted that we are seemingly the only PL team in that situation. Fcuking disgraceful.

It's all relative. Woolwich, United, West Ham have all either done nothing or weakened. We've offloaded players who aren't contributing and added. It's not a brilliant window but it might be enough for now. Of course more might happen (though it probably won't).

It absolutely isn't piss your pants bad, though.

This is like the stages of grief or a breakup.
You look like you've gone past fear, anger, regret and now you're looking to try and find something positive from a bad situation.

I hope these players prove me wrong, but I'm worried we've just signed another 2 that will be as much use as Royal, Gil, GLC, TND etc.
What is your basis for that fear though? Simply because it's happened in the past?

We may only have 1 senior striker but I am genuinely laughing that Woolwich have 3, all with contracts expiring in June. All likely to leave, and by signing Kulu and Bentancur we scuppered them getting Vlahovic.

Suck shit cunts.

None of them have been good this season but we're leaving ourselves short if we lose Dele, Ndombele and Lo Celso this season.

Dele decent first three games of the season and vs Liverpool. Ndombele decent vs Villa, Newcastle, Liverpool. Lo Celso... Lo Celso has done nothing for us this season, really.

Whatever about the players individually, but losing three and bringing in one leaves us with Hojbjerg, Skipp, Winks, Bentancur... an injury or two leaves us very thin.

maybe Lucas/Kulu/Berg as a 10 if you go 3-5-2.

It's not about numbers though, is it. We were not going to use Ndombele or Alli - they've both proven to be useless fuck nuggets. So I don't see how bringing in genuinely good players like Bentancur and Kulusevski isn't an improvement...

And no, I'm not a levy/enic apologist so don't fucking start.

But it's not fucking difficult to see that replacing Ndombele / Alli / Lo Celso with those two Juve boys is a good move.
I agree with you
You levy apologist cunt lol

Fuck me the state of SSN, it's brain dead shit talk, just kids standing around talking shit.

I get that they want to diversify etc and appeal to a younger audience but that doesn't mean the content has to become vacuous and retarded. I don't even know who most of these people are and they're clearly not qualified to be on telly talking about football.

Makes me appreciate you cunts on here
:dierpochhug:

Yeah, that's a valid point.

But then on the flip side, you have playing in the Prem and against the likes of Man U, Liverpool, Spurs...big teams, world class players, big stadiums. I'd rather that than playing vs Livingston, Motherwell, St Johnstone...

And I still trust Dyche to keep Burnley up, with or without Ramsey
And if we were talking about someone in their prime or younger then I’d get it, but this guy has already had his fill of playing all these plus playing on the biggest stages, so it’s not an itch he needs to scratch. This way he gets to play as one of the best players at the best club in a slower paced league, earn the same amount, add a winners medal to his trophy haul, play in Europe etc etc.

Theyre up to their tricks again today.

Anyway, I suspect it will be the two Juve lads in. Doesn't address right side or striker back up, the two positions we actually needed to strengthen in at the start of the window. Therefore it has been a failure so far.

Anyone that thinks we didn't need better MF options is a mentalist!

ST2 is less of an issue now we're out of ECL & LC.

Back
Top Bottom