January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's see where we're at for definite when the day is over.

But yeah, if we were to let Dombs, Dele, Gio and Gil go and only got Dej and Rod in, that would leave the squad a bit thin and that bench quite weak (no real game-changers bar Lucas and Bergy on a good day).

Especially as we have a few fragile players in that squad. Not really a position you wanna be in when chasing top 4, to have to rely on praying that Sonny or Kane don't get a bad knock...

Isn’t the case Barca can’t onboard Traore or anyone else till Dembele is shifted?
Traore they should be OK as they fudged the wages via loan. He's basically playing for free this 6 months and upped in the summer (as per Duncan Castles who is normally on top of these things)

I think fans just make do with anything. Get worn down by the end of the window and accept anything almost for the sake ifbut. They might come good, i hope so but lets be real when we appointed Conte and we were getting linked with proper top level players if someone said our January window would be Kuksevski and Buntencor everyone would have done their pieces.
It also helps to view this in relation to what our rivals have done - sweet FA as things stand.

I think fans just make do with anything. Get worn down by the end of the window and accept anything almost for the sake ifbut. They might come good, i hope so but lets be real when we appointed Conte and we were getting linked with proper top level players if someone said our January window would be Kuksevski and Buntencor everyone would have done their pieces.
These 2 guys reek of eithe rfan or coach appeasement signings.
"here you go, here's new players, we're ambitious"

I've done fuck all. I've had 2 bottles of corona though!

Fuck knows the state I'll be in later - maybe I'd better not post from mid-afternoon onwards!

Don't you dare stop posting Goat-Boy! ..........We want bottle-by-bottle updates. :contepoint:

Last edited:

Anyone got a subscription?
A few dozen pages back, someone posted the full article on here. It was a lot of journo nonsense. Apparently Levy moaning directly to Liverpool owners that he'd be done dirty and them saying everything was clean, but Levy still keen to see them punished or whatever.

Utd and Woolwich look like they wont be signing anyone and weakening their squads. Hopefully the 2 signings we make can get us to top 4

We need more and don't forget United have Pogba returning and whatever anyone thinks of him, at his best he is only behind De Bruyne in my opinion as best midfielder in the PL.

And the willingness to have faith that the summer transfer window will be better than January has minimal supportive evidence.

Isn't the deal if we get top four we have to sign him? Or I have I misread. If so it's entirely possible he flops but we still have to buy. And we're buying Bentancur outright, are we not?

I'm not arsed what Juve do with the money, I'm just saying the idea Juve fans are annoyed they're leaving or shitting on them because of it is wrong. They are happy to be getting rid and have wanted these players gone for a while. They're not turning on them because they're exiting the club.
I think the joe hart signing proved many will basically say any signing we make is a good signing. We won the transfer window or 8 out of 10 window. Then 6 months later say the players aren’t good enough. We need much more!

Such a bizarre window. Players we or at least most loved coming at first like Ndombele, Lo Celso, Bryan Gil and Dele being shipped out. Few years ago that would have seemed a catastrophe, losing your entire creativity but now is needed to create space to enable Conte to be a success.

Back
Top Bottom