January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haha, they're going to take one look at the size of his thighs and absolutely shit themselves.

What a monster of a left-back he was.
Tree trunk legs. I like how he went against the big bicep fashion. He was a good LB, always fun to watch & very unpredictable.

Seems very us to let Lo Celso, Ndombele, Alli and Gil leave and only 2 incomings. Even the u21s that might have come in or be on the bench like Markanday (sold) , Clarke (loaned), amd White (looking for a loan). A few injuries and the squad is paper thin.
I would much rather us shift the deadwood now while we can, and wait to replace them with options we want and can get in the summer, even if it makes us shorthanded to close the season (we're already out of all but the FA cup and we all know we'll crash there anyway).

The alternative is rush buy whatever we can get our hands on to fill the gaps...and that's just going to lead to more bad buys and future deadwood. I think in the past we've hung ourselves up on both needing to sell to buy, but also needing to buy to sell. Its meant we missed out on buying some we could and should have. Likely also means we've missed out on selling some we could and should have.

I think its promising for our future dealings in the market. Treat each deal individually.

I would much rather us shift the deadwood now while we can, and wait to replace them with options we want and can get in the summer, even if it makes us shorthanded to close the season (we're already out of all but the FA cup and we all know we'll crash there anyway).

The alternative is rush buy whatever we can get our hands in to fill the gaps...and that's just going to lead to more bad buys and future deadwood.
Loans exist!

More and more players are coming to realize the benefit of winding their contract down. Moving under contract puts almost all the leverage on the club, both buying and selling. It limits their options, and the majority of the money goes in the club(s) pockets.
Aaron Ramsey's 400k per week deal at Juve doubtlessly had several players calling their agents.

Hopefully! I thought she deleted the posts as she might be having cold feet but I guess her lawyer/police would have told her to delete the posts from her account as it’s evidence.
But yeah a lot of victims will obviously back down so maybe her leaking this actually was the right thing to do as it’s made it public. Even though you would be advised not to I assume.
Whatever happens now, his career is over.

He might avoid jail if he's lucky. Maybe he'll plead guilty and manage to bs the judge by blaming it on youth and public pressure, the mad money turning his head etc. Maybe the judge will buy it and sentence him to community work, having to take classes, pay a huge fine etc. Or maybe his lawyers and the victim will settle out of court and she'll drop the charges.

But whether he goes to jail or manages to stay free thanks to his lawyers (and double standards when it comes to punishing celebs), his career as a top club and England footballer is over. Nobody in their right mind - sponsors included - will go anywhere near him. At least in the UK, France, Germany, Italy...

All I want to say is, fuck that little coward piece of shit. And anybody else like him who prey on the weak, who take advantage of somebody's love for them to abuse them. I do hope he goes to jail and has a friendly chat with some real tough bastards before they give him a soapy bath

TBF Eriksen and Fabregas had to earn the trust of Conte before he used them. The closest to a creative CM Conte tends to use is at the base in the number 6 as a deep lying playmaker, currently we have Winks and no-one else. Brozovic would be great, Neves, etc we will need to fix that.

Sure I don't expect him to use a classic #10 to pull the strings but we should have players who can at least play a pass. That is the problem we have now our MF is gone way to far the other way having "hardworkers" with zero talent.

Back
Top Bottom