January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Out of the three, Dele is the one I thought we'd keep and just loan out. Glc and Tanguy are going to hang around like bad smells aren't they.

Lo Celso did great in Spain and Ndombele did great in France. They are at least where they can do best.

So Newcastle buy another striker. Yep I get they have the money but FFS what is going on with us?

Kane is our only fcuking striker, we are moving on players and yet in this whole fcuking planet we cannot find a striker worth the name to have as a back-up or is considered to be half decent.

I am just flabbergasted that we are seemingly the only PL team in that situation. Fcuking disgraceful.

Fcuking disgrace

Levy as per usual doing the bare minimum. No doubt he will balance the books by selling Ali and he will get nobody else apart from the Juve lads. We haven’t addressed any of our weaknesses. All we have done is gotten rid of a few players and replaced. We haven’t strengthened. Getting so pissed off and fed up with this club constantly missing the boat in these windows. 4th is up for grabs, take advantage you bald bastard. I’m calling it now because I’m so certain this will happen. We will sell Ali in the last few hours for about 20 mil to Everton which will pay for the central midfielder from Juve. The Kulu fella is on loan, so theoretically we have spent nothing. Levy doing what he does best, balancing the books FC. Where is the supposed Diaz money ? Nowhere because as predicted, it was always a crock of shit

I know we all want a backup striker and a RWB, but I do think our biggest glaring issue has been our midfield. Hopefully Bentacur can come in and fill the role that they think he can, and Kulusevski can maybe bring us a different dynamic to our attack. Some of our top 4 competition haven't really done anything so I think we're in a decent position.

We were never going to fix everything we needed in January, but we needed a start to change out the team. I'd like permanent moves but maybe loans will help us to offload these players in the future.

It's not a great window by any stretch of the imagination but it does give Conte some new players to work into his system, and begins to open the door for departures. Summer is really where it's at.

Bit vague that.......

Critical in terms of wage bill?

Squad size?

HG?

Nothing to do with TRF fees.

Not that many quality players around in January, so rather than clog the squad up with less good players (when for 2nd half of season unlikely to need them as its just PL and FA Cup so after next 6 weeks we play once a week) we leave spaces to fill in summer window without needing to sell.

And its not as if Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dele or Gil have played much under Conte, so he's not going to miss them. And two in to who should play more than these four - possibly a lot more.

Sure e still have gaps in squad - but we had them before the window.

I agree, but of course it looks like loans for our outgoings too. Which get them game time somewhere they're wanted hopefully, but we'll still be dealing with those situations.

Having a squad built for the race for top four and the FA Cup is the objective for the end of today.

We're one short. And Dele Alli ain't that one.
In all honesty, next season needs to be the priority. To that end, top 4 is important financially (but its not all or nothing). We absolutely have to shift players we have no use for whenever we can.

Ndombele I think will move permanently in the summer. I fully expect being back in France will kick him into gear. He just fucking loathed London and it became a negative spiral, I think.

I just don't think the PL is for GLC, and he'll look better back in Spain and get a permanent move.

Alli, I dunno. Still have that premonition on him, I think a change of scenery picks him up.

Gil, I don't know that its time to pull the cord on but he sure isn't a meaningful entity.

Sadly people these days assume (rightly or wrongly) that the police won't do anything about anything.
So they don't tell the police.
Who can't do anything.
Because they didn't know.
And the circles continue.
Maybe she just didn't want him to have time to get one of them superinjuctions, you know that thing that only rich people can afford to protect their private life, endorsement deals...

You would assume that if Lo Celso, Ndombele, White, Gil, Dele are moved out this window with just Kulu and Bentancur coming in there must be at least 1 other incoming otherwise we are somewhat short of bodies.

He gets BC "rate of dissaproval".

DON'T WANT!!!!

But seriously bus-conductor bus-conductor , who do you want as a RWB?

That's a toughie, but I definitely don't want Carrasco as RWB (or LWB or AM). He's another who produces the odd moment but spends most of his time bumbling. And we have enough of those.

Liveramento and Lamptey seem interesting. Frimpong (Leverkusen) seems like a lively fucker. Baku (Wberg). But I've not seen enough of any of them to know they'll be spunktastic?

And in his shoes and at age 28,/9, and probably in his mind how he has been treated, it's fair enough..

His one big risk is a serious injury.

Same can be said for any player who opts to run their deal down.... Despite that it's becoming more common.

Back
Top Bottom