January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why haven't we made a sneaky bid for Dest? Barca need to offload wages, he's not a Xavi favourite, and he has the perfect profile for a RWB. Bit weird that our scouting hasn't noticed him at all.

There's another worth thinking about (Dest) , and also the kid at Ajax, Mazraoui - who I haven't seen much of myself, only CL highlights or odd game, but have heard very good things about

Read at the begining of the window that we were in for him until City stuck their noses in......
Sky Sports have him to City for 14.7M!!..that's less than we've paid for Doherty and Emerson. And not much more than we paid for Jack Clarke.

Maybe some agents have got a massive chunk of cash but that fee looks ridiculously low.

few deals which make sense

berg and some outlay for gravenberch could be dembele for us again

we do need a rwb aswell but trying to think of any available other then spence
Mazroui on a pre-contract.

Sadly no Ajax player will leave this month and depending how they do in the CL, I doubt many will want to leave unless it's to a really top team.

He has not seen the light , those players were either old or injury prone. Let’s see him sell a fit 25 year old at market value
Clearly there is an argument for why would you want to sell one of those, but none of the players you mention have 1 penny resale value to a buyer

Not sure about that, when was the last time we held onto a player because he overpriced them?

You would assume that if Lo Celso, Ndombele, White, Gil, Dele are moved out this window with just Kulu and Bentancur coming in there must be at least 1 other incoming otherwise we are somewhat short of bodies.
Yes, I feel confident there's more work being done in the background to get 1 or 2 more in. Won't be big names and one will be a loan, seen as we've got 3 loanees already and you're allowed 4.

But surely they gotta realise the squad is thin and we're one big injury away from making it real difficult for ourselves as far as chasing top 4 is concerned.

Yes, I feel confident there's more work being done in the background to get 1 or 2 more in. Won't be big names and one will be a loan, seen as we've got 3 loanees already and you're allowed 4.

But surely they gotta realise the squad is thin and we're one big injury away from making it real difficult for ourselves as far as chasing top 4 is concerned.

For me midfield. We have 4 left if Dele, White, Lo Celso and Ndombele go that is Skipp, Hojbjerg, Winks and Bentancur.

Conte likes 352 as well as 343, we basically force him to play 343 for the rest of the season without 1 more CM or risk burning players into the ground.

Levy as per usual doing the bare minimum. No doubt he will balance the books by selling Ali and he will get nobody else apart from the Juve lads. We haven’t addressed any of our weaknesses. All we have done is gotten rid of a few players and replaced. We haven’t strengthened. Getting so pissed off and fed up with this club constantly missing the boat in these windows. 4th is up for grabs, take advantage you bald bastard. I’m calling it now because I’m so certain this will happen. We will sell Ali in the last few hours for about 20 mil to Everton which will pay for the central midfielder from Juve. The Kulu fella is on loan, so theoretically we have spent nothing. Levy doing what he does best, balancing the books FC. Where is the supposed Diaz money ? Nowhere because as predicted, it was always a crock of shit

Absolutely criminal not getting another striker in again. I swear we have people running this club with shit for brains.

Shame we don’t have scouts :conteshock:

Haven't you heard about the boost in funding for Fab's minions now?

Got a bunch of these lads on £4 per hour now:

4261.jpg

If we can agree a nice fee with Everton for Dele then maybe we will try and spring one last surprise before the deadline. We desperately need a RWB who has pace, the options we have for that position now just completely blunt our attack on that side.

That was our priority position when the window opened and we still need to find a solution if we can.

Dele was a lovely player but his skill was his ability to get everywhere and make something out of nothing. He doesn’t seem as mobile these days and unless Lampard’s system allows a role for a free floating CM/AM it won’t work for them.

Back
Top Bottom