January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Similar kind of deal but City are definitely easier on the eye than that Spain side were. I can watch a City game without falling asleep at least. Spain were a City or Barcelona without any of the exciting, direct wide play. It was a bunch of press resistant technically brilliant midfielders hogging the ball all game.

The total opposite of the kind of football I enjoy. Give me Klopp's Dortmund any day of the week over snoreball.
I can’t watch more than a few min of City. Awful bastards

Agree Spain worse

Not to me, we had this when people were trying to decipher Poch's quotes when they thought it was a warning to the board and people were worried that he'd leave...Conte was asked a question and he gave an honest answer - end of...context is key.

Screenshot-2022-02-04-173153.jpg

LoOk aT mY iGnoRe LiSt!!🤡🤤

Please put me back on (if I ever was on). I have no interest in conversing with the TFC battered wives club

Last edited:
Loads of reports that Ndombele wanted out directly he arrived in 2019 - here's one with quotes

''It was incredibly tough. I remember that I was even calling home to my friends in France saying I want to come back,” he admitted to Football London.''

Silly bollocks. He’s clearly talking figuratively, not literally.

Why say it then ?

Interpreting your words posted in the same way would mean you were in 100% agreement with my post.

Have you decided to change religion to become a Contrarian ?

It was a tongue in cheek remark Ffs. He didn’t request to leave.

It was incredibly tough. I remember that I was even calling home to my friends in France saying I want to come back,” he admitted to Football London.

“It was so, so tough, but perhaps it was what I needed. I needed to get used to that sort of work, to that sort of training and over time to acclimatise to it.”

When asked if he felt as though the gruelling pre-season training he went through ahead of the 2019/20 campaign may have led to his numerous injuries, the midfielder said: “Yes, undoubtedly, I think it did have a role to play in the injuries I got [later on].

“Obviously my body just needed to get used to that sort of work and maybe it was the shock of that hard work to begin with that perhaps had a role to play in the fitness problems I had. I think my body just needed to adapt to it.”

It was incredibly tough. I remember that I was even calling home to my friends in France saying I want to come back,” he admitted to Football London.

“It was so, so tough, but perhaps it was what I needed. I needed to get used to that sort of work, to that sort of training and over time to acclimatise to it.”

When asked if he felt as though the gruelling pre-season training he went through ahead of the 2019/20 campaign may have led to his numerous injuries, the midfielder said: “Yes, undoubtedly, I think it did have a role to play in the injuries I got [later on].

“Obviously my body just needed to get used to that sort of work and maybe it was the shock of that hard work to begin with that perhaps had a role to play in the fitness problems I had. I think my body just needed to adapt to it.”

Obviously my body just needed to get used to that sort of work and maybe it was the shock of that hard work to begin with that perhaps had a role to play in the fitness problems I had. I think my body just needed to adapt to it.”

Don't agree

And the last para is pretty telling too - he never seemed to adjust to the fitness levels (and training regime necessary to get there) which is why he was unable to finish the full 90 minutes in more than 9 PL games over 2 seasons despite having plenty of starts

Now you're just being silly. He is letting everyone know how the mistakes of the past cannot be repeated and if Levy isnt willing to change, he wont put up with it.
No, that's just how you've interpreted it.

What he's said is eminently sensible, there's no overt "or else" in either what he says or the tone in which he's said it.

Screenshot-2022-02-04-173153.jpg

LoOk aT mY iGnoRe LiSt!!🤡🤤

Please put me back on (if I ever was on). I have no interest in conversing with the TFC battered wives club

Tell me your feelings have been hurt without telling me your feelings have been hurt.

Ill be honest I don't even know who you are or why you're on there but seeing as you're happy to be a self confessed clown you'll be happy to know I'll keep you on the list with the other clowns 🤭

I know.. crazy. He clearly was not asking to leave just saying its tough. Blimey I say "I'm gonna kill him at work all the time. Not actually a murder. Still thank goodness we are shot of him and Conte has made his feelings on the wasteman abundantly clear.

So this Window maybe worked. Got rid of some dead and rotten ones and got a couple of fresh ones. Lads seem motivated and running hard.

I don't think we are going to win anything alreafy but the top 4 could be a good bet from here

We should already have bought Djed Spence as his transfer value would have risen after today's performance.

He's on loan all season..... Think about that for a moment rather than playing the knee-jerk "waaah" card.

Back
Top Bottom