January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The different outcome would have been more time to pursue other opportunities, but other than that, yeah, agreed

LOL

The idea that we would have pursued other opportunities is funny.

Diaz was perfect for Levy because he can say he tried but couldn't help that Diaz only wanted Liverpool without risking having to spend money.

In 2022, one gets results and one gets sacked.

It feels like they spent an inordinate amount of time getting us from WHL to the new stadium. And when we got there, the wheels fell of with Poch. But to be fair, we were probably ahead of plan being in a CL final before we'd even moved in to the new stadium
And then we moved in it and got set back an entire year immediately.

This is why I say - let's see what they do in the summer. To say its last chance saloon is an understatement.
Whatever happens, it will be an interesting summer. Conte has made it clear we need a lot more better players so it’s all down to enic & levy now.

I can't help but love this guy for his brutal honesty and constructive criticism. When done in the right manner, it's exactly what needs to be done to induce permanent positive change at a club like ours when you're in a situation of constant underachievement like we are!

I particularly like what he said here below, he's bang on as usual and I hope raising this will inspire change in the club to integrate players who are ready made first team regulars who will lift us instantly rather than buying prospects that need a season or three... to really start firing on all cylinders.

The Italian added: "Bentancur and Kulusevski are ideal prospects for Tottenham, because Tottenham are seeking young players they can develop and grow, not players who are ready. That is the issue.

"This is the vision and the philosophy of the club. It is inevitable that, if you want to grow quicker and if you want to be competitive more rapidly, you need players with a lot of experience, because they also raise the experience level of the overall team.

"But I repeat, I have realised now that this is the vision of the club."

I can't help but love this guy for his brutal honesty and constructive criticism. When done in the right manner, it's exactly what needs to be done to induce permanent positive change at a club like ours when you're in a situation of constant underachievement like we are!

I particularly like what he said here below, he's bang on as usual and I hope raising this will inspire change in the club to integrate players who are ready made first team regulars who will lift us instantly rather than buying prospects that need a season or three... to really start firing on all cylinders.

The Italian added: "Bentancur and Kulusevski are ideal prospects for Tottenham, because Tottenham are seeking young players they can develop and grow, not players who are ready. That is the issue.

"This is the vision and the philosophy of the club. It is inevitable that, if you want to grow quicker and if you want to be competitive more rapidly, you need players with a lot of experience, because they also raise the experience level of the overall team.

Hmmm smells like trouble to me. Sounds like the opposite of how this man works. This match won't work no matter how much I wish it was different. He likes old wise heads, not the way we buy. We punt on young resales

Last edited:
Hmmm smells like trouble to me. Sounds like the opposite of they this man works. This match won't work no matter how much I wish it was different. He likes old wise heads, not the way we buy. We punt on young resales
Yup, I see what you mean. Hopefully the club recognises the importance of listening to his demands to change the philosophy of the club in order for us to start regularly challenging for silverware.

So with that in mind, do you think he'll be sacked this season or next season by that shiny bald cunt?

:ledley::levylol:

It really is on paper. The players that left were of no use to us.

He’s basically saying that. It’s just that trading 4 irrelevant players for two prospects is not going to propel us up the table. It will take months for them to adapt to the PL if they ever do. A player like Traore could have hit the ground running.

I’m sure Conte is happy that those four player went out. Is he happy that they were replaced with two bench players from Juve? I doubt it.

At no point does he disagree with the ‘vision of the club’, tho - isn’t he just saying those are the parameters he’s working within and hinting that the success will take younger as he’ll be coaching inexperienced players? Not dissimilar to his asking for patience from fans on Sunday?

(And it’s a translation so who knows what the nuances are)

He’s basically saying that. It’s just that trading 4 irrelevant players for two prospects is not going to propel us up the table. It will take months for them to adapt to the PL if they ever do. A player like Traore could have hit the ground running.

I’m sure Conte is happy that those four player went out. Is he happy that they were replaced with two bench players from Juve? I doubt it.

I'm a little optimistic that once we rid the starting 11 of Sanchez, Winks, Doherty, Sessegnon and throw in the new guys regularly, things will be a little better.

Yup, I see what you mean. Hopefully the club recognises the importance of listening to his demands to change the philosophy of the club in order for us to start regularly challenging for silverware.

So with that in mind, do you think he'll be sacked this season or next season by that shiny bald cunt?

:ledley::levylol:
Lol...err walks a week before pre-season when he see the bunch of Expendables Paratici gives him. Enter stage left Ryan Mason permanent manager.

I'm a little optimistic that once we rid the starting 11 of Sanchez, Winks, Doherty, Sessegnon and throw in the new guys regularly, things will be a little better.

It probably will be a bit better. We’ve shown under Conte that with our best XI, we can play well and win games. As soon as you start to introduce reserve players, we disintegrate.

Back
Top Bottom