January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm always happy to hate on Levy, but I fail to see why Liverpool would have just "let Diaz get signed" when they've been planning on signing him since the summer. Don't forget, to quote the article, "Diaz only wanted Liverpool".

It reeks of fake news. I don't think we had a legitimate shot at Diaz. Liverpool might have played us by allowing us to negotiate the price down and put in the work, just to come and sign him, sure. But that's life.

I'm always happy to hate on Levy, but I fail to see why Liverpool would have just "let Diaz get signed" when they've been planning on signing him since the summer. Don't forget, to quote the article, "Diaz only wanted Liverpool".

It reeks of fake news. I don't think we had a legitimate shot at Diaz. Liverpool might have played us by allowing us to negotiate the price down and put in the work, just to come and sign him, sure. But that's life.
I get you but here it is straight from the Horses mouth

Tottenham hesitated (Also known as Levy haggling) so Liverpool beat them to it.

He also said Diaz would only consider Liverpool. So it sounds like just a bit of drama for a dad who's living vicariously through his kid to enjoy.

Kind of like the Lonzo Ball and his dad situation

Pretty sure the “hesitated” comment was directed at Roma based on the quote.

The player wanted Liverpool, Liverpool wanted the player. This was only ending one way, the only thing we could have done is not waste our time in the first place.

"And while Diaz's father, Luis Manuel Diaz, has revealed that Liverpool were truly the only club his son wanted to join",

Liverpool were always waiting in the wings.
The deal with the club and the player was agreed.
His agent then contacted Liverpool with the terms and Liverpool stepped in.

Anyone who thinks that had we agreed terms with Diaz on the 1st January and it would of been a different outcome is deluding themselves.

"And while Diaz's father, Luis Manuel Diaz, has revealed that Liverpool were truly the only club his son wanted to join",

Liverpool were always waiting in the wings.
The deal with the club and the player was agreed.
His agent then contacted Liverpool with the terms and Liverpool stepped in.

Anyone who thinks that had we agreed terms with Diaz on the 1st January and it would of been a different outcome is deluding themselves.
The different outcome would have been more time to pursue other opportunities, but other than that, yeah, agreed

Back
Top Bottom