January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lo Celso hasn't appeared v Liverpool or Wham, yet I'd have thought we had played pretty much all our squad over the 2 games so as to rest plyers.

He now seems to be behind Dele, Winks, and Ndombele (and Skipp and Hojbherg) as well as off to another Argentina match if call up in January.

Seems not to have impressed any manager whether Poch (who never started him before Lo Celso made 2 starts for Argentina in succession a week or two after Lo Celso's Spurs debut) Mason Mourhino, Nuno and now Conte. Think that means he is off in January - hopefully for a decent fee - and not sure we really need to replace him given he's rarely played unless there is big upgrade available.

Lo Celso hasn't appeared v Liverpool or Wham, yet I'd have thought we had played pretty much all our squad over the 2 games so as to rest plyers.

He now seems to be behind Dele, Winks, and Ndombele (and Skipp and Hojbherg) as well as off to another Argentina match if call up in January.

Seems not to have impressed any manager whether Poch (who never started him before Lo Celso made 2 starts for Argentina in succession a week or two after Lo Celso's Spurs debut) Mason Mourhino, Nuno and now Conte. Think that means he is off in January - hopefully for a decent fee - and not sure we really need to replace him given he's rarely played unless there is big upgrade available.
He's just back from injury (as always) so who knows how ready he is fitness wise?
The likes of Winks, Dele and Ndombele have been ever presents in training under Conte. I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.

I have some utter unsoureable rubbish pub talk post Liverpool given me by a Spurs lad from Leeds clami g to know the players family. I'm posting it because even though I know its crap it made me happy.

Apparently Kalvin Philips is open to a move to a London club. And as he can't see Chelsea buying and English player they didn't produce, he is very open to Conte's Spurs. Its contingent on Leeds staying up and using the big bucks to rebuild in the summer. Now we all know Levy would never wear it cost wise......but be nice huh.
60m?

NINE EPL teams interested in signing Tripps.
The player that so many on here said was no good.
Yes but those clubs include everton, palace, villa, wolves. Man u possibly because they were interested a few year ago. Lets not get ahead of ourselves

Yes so 1 other club that are currently on a par with us or slightly bigger. We shouldn't be competing with the others for players
9 EPL clubs including us and Man U are reported to be after Tripps because he is a very good player proven at the highest level.
I hope and in fact am pretty sure that Conte will be after these sort of players.

I think he will be gone. It hasn’t escaped our notice and won’t have escaped conte’s that he’s only ever fit for the Argentina games. Matches we didn’t want him to play in. For all good managers it is about the team and not the individual. But for lo celso he doesn’t seem to buy into that.

Trippier was pony for us towards the end, let’s not rewrite history

I think the issue for Trippier was his athleticism, he was always very technically good but he couldn’t keep up with the high demand Poch placed on full backs to get up and down and often that left us exposed.

In a low block system like Jose’s Trippier would have been a lot better as he would have stayed futher back and got caught out far less. Atlético operate this style and he suited it.

A few good signings can make all the difference. Now that he's back in form after a few injuries, someone like James Maddison would really help us. He can create and score a goal from nothing. With Skipp and Pierre behind him, you could give him a license to just concentrate on being the chief creator. Not that we'll get him or anything, but he's the type of player our midfield misses.

Dier has done well, and Conte is even getting a tune out of Davies and Sanchez. But even though Romero will return down the line, I still think a top centre-back like Kounde is required.

Not to mention another striker, someone to play with and even challenge Harry. When he dips below the standards he has set for himself we have nobody to replace him to take him out of the firing line a bit.

There's two ways of pushing this shit out of football.
1st is to make sure these badly injured players go off. Not for treatment, off. If it was that was bad he had to throw himself on the floor and roll around he needs to be subbed, end of.
2nd is to review the footage and dish out long bans, Not 1-3 games - 5-10 games. And it should go up i they don't learn.

We all know there's absolutely nothing wrong with them. They're not wimps, they're classless cheats. I don't want Spurs players to do it and I definitely don't want it done to us. Really come down hard on them.
If the coach has to sub his player because he pretends he's hurt, that player is gonna be in the shit. /add to that the ban and he could lose his career.
For me the best solution would be to stop the clock. Convert to effective playing time. Like ice hockey. I won't give much rolling around like your balls have been smashed when 2-1 up in the 88th if the clock was stopped. 2 times 30 minutes would be about right. And another thing that's really annoying, the fact that the referee always waits until a chance is over before he blows the whistle. I don't like that there is only one person in the world who knows when the game will stop, and it's up to him. No give us official time and let the fat lady sing when the time is up.

For me the best solution would be to stop the clock. Convert to effective playing time. Like ice hockey. I won't give much rolling around like your balls have been smashed when 2-1 up in the 88th if the clock was stopped. 2 times 30 minutes would be about right. And another thing that's really annoying, the fact that the referee always waits until a chance is over before he blows the whistle. I don't like that there is only one person in the world who knows when the game will stop, and it's up to him. No give us official time and let the fat lady sing when the time is up.
There's always an argument that all rules should be able to be applied all the way down the football ladder.
But one that could easily be implemented at least down to league 2, is having the refs watch (or an off field official) connected to a visible scoreboard with the time on it. No "added" time, the clock just stops when the play does.
But the diving and rolling around isn't about time wasting half the time, it's trying to get opposition players booked or sent off, win free kicks and penalties and just generally being ****s.

Back
Top Bottom