January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

de Ligt is on his way 😁 Yes, it's The Sun....but it's a nice rumor nevertheless. He's apparently got a £130m release clause.
Joško Gvardiol and de Light as incoming CB's would have been great :cool:

Be amazed if that happened.

Is he the only player from that "generational Ajax team" that's actually any good?

Maybe de Jong too?
Both de Ligt nor Frenkie de Jong have failed to live up to early expectations but I reckon both are good players.
From the Ajax squad of 2018-19 that reached the CL I reckon the following players can be said to have done decently to good:

Andre Onana, Noussair Mazraoui, Per Schuurs, Mitchel Bakker, Gravenberch, Ziyech,

The jury is still out on Danny van de Beek.

David Neres - who was seen as a future star - has so far failed to live up to his early potential

Last edited:
I just don't get this!

This guy has a poorer output than Lucas! HONESTLY!

I broadly agree.

One thing I would say is that last game I watched with Wolves (think it was against Leeds), he put two chances on a plate and they fluffed their lines.

Both de Ligt nor Frenkie de Jong have failed to live up to early expectations but I reckon both are good players.
From the Ajax squad of 2018-19 that reached the CL I reckon the following players can be said to have done decently to good:

Andre Onana, Noussair Mazraoui, Per Schuurs, Mitchel Bakker, Gravenberch, Ziyech,

The jury is still out on Danny van de Beek.

David Neres has so far failed to live up to his early potential
I’m not sure Onana has done too well since 2019 tbh

Because he's historically stayed somewhere one or two seasons max? We need to plan long term. We don't have 50 million pounds lying around every season that we can splurge on whenever.

So what's the point of hiring a win now manager if you're not gonna back him to win now? Pointless if you're gonna bring Conte in to plan for long term and not get the players he wants.

We'll worry about long term or when Conte leaves when we cross that bridge.

So what's the point of hiring a win now manager if you're not gonna back him to win now? Pointless if you're gonna bring Conte in to plan for long term and not get the players he wants.

We'll worry about long term or when Conte leaves when we cross that bridge.
I think we can win with Conté without wasting 50 million on a player who's useless without him.

If he can make sessegnon and Bergwin perform so soon after taking charge, I'm sure there are better options at rwb or rw than Adama.

I think we can win with Conté without wasting 50 million on a player who's useless without him.

If he can make sessegnon and Bergwin perform so soon after taking charge, I'm sure there are better options at rwb or rw than Adama.

He was valued at £50m because Wolves didn't want to let him go without a replacement in the summer, doubt he costs that much now.

If Conte wants him then I'm sure there's a reason he wants him and probably thinks he can turn him into a player.

This is literally the whole point of having him as coach, you need to trust him and back him to keep him happy, the guy know what he's doing.

I do like Atal, but he is a bit of a livewire. Can he actually defend? Just before he was injured I watched him play a number of times and he was used at RB, RW and then LW.

Although, I suppose if we don’t really need him to defend, then he could be very useful.

Hell of an injury though.

He's actually been playing regular games this season. Bits I've caught he's looked like he's still a lively fucker going forward. He's also been playing RB in a back 4. I've not paid enough attention to his defending, I think he's tenacious enough, lacks a bit of physicality. I think the fact that we play a WB system would suit him more, he's certainly got the pace/engine to get up and down.

I reckon he'd be cheap (contract ends 2023) If he could stay healthy? Big if though...

Back
Top Bottom