January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn’t ENIC offer us to the Saudis who bought toon but wanted 2.5b & an additional £1b “ add on fees “ whatever the hell that means

Eldridge investments took the proposal to the Saudis & they declined

Don't recall but happy to take your word for it.....

In the broader sense that only reinforces my point that it's not logical for them to sell UNLESS someone pays primo money and gives them all their 'fruit' up front.

(Ffwd x amount of time and the Saudis spent a relatively poultry 300m on Newcastle..... Renders any offer ENIC put forward rather rhetorical when one factors in the perspective of offer vs enquiry.)

I noticed yday whilst reading stuff that FSG wantes 3bn for the dippers when they were actually approached buy a suitor.......

Crazy numbers in both their and our cases.

........But you see my point about the debt?

Last edited:

He is one of those standard players the press link Spurs with every transfer window. He's been linked with Spurs for almost a decade now.
I can guarantee that most, if not all, of these players below will be linked to Spurs again next transfer window (all were linked to Spurs this window and last window as well).

Layvin Kurzawa,
Samuel Umtiti, Pau Torres,
Milan Skriniar, Kim Min-jae, Kalidou Koulibaly
Max Aarons,
Kalvin Phillips, Sergej Milinković-Savić , Luka Modric, Renato Sanches,
Todd Cantwell, Isco,
Ousmane Dembele, Ivan Perisic, Anthony Martial, Mauro Icardi, Paulo Dybala,

Last edited:
I know but surely that is more attractive to potential owners than if ENic are wanting 2 billion cash plus the stadium debt being passed on to the buyers meaning the whole package is 3 billion.

My point is that Enic will not find a buyer and sell because they will just demand a price that no buyer will be comfortable paying, which is exactly how Levy deals with players we need to get rid of. Unrealistic high expectations.

Well yeh, ultimately they can hold out for whatever price they have in mind..... Regardless of ENIC, that's simply sellers prerogative..... All the more so if they are in no hurry to sell.

Also see above FSG pricetag for Liverpool......

Don't recall but happy to take your word for it.....

If the broader sense that only reinforces my point that it's not logical for them to sell UNLESS someone pays primo money and gives them all their 'fruit' up front.

(Ffwd x amount of time and the Saudis spent a relatively poultry 300m on Newcastle..... Renders any offer ENIC put forward rather rhetorical when one factors in the perspective of offer vs enquiry.)

I noticed yday whilst reading stuff that FSG wantes 3bn for the dippers when they were actually approached buy a suitor.......

Crazy numbers in both their and our cases.

........But you see my point about the debt?
Twas 2019

I think it would be more attractive for a potential buyer to retain the payback of the bank loan as it’s set up & not pay ENIC for a debt that is actually owned by THFC . ENIC are not even guarantors of said debt.

And the biggest club shop in Europe and coming soon a brand new picturehouse!!...
On the opening day of the cinema they’ll play a marathon session of all the finals we’ve been in and trophies we’ve won since ENIC took over

If only we had built that cheese room , some melted Provoleta or a slice of Sardo would seal the Dybala deal

i had to google Argentinian cheeses
I used to laugh at the thought of a cheese room, but as I got older I’ve started to appreciate it more and more. They could probably get me to buy a block of Spurs cheddar

He is one of those standard players the press link Spurs with every transfer window. He's been linked with Spurs for always a decade now.

I don't think we were linked to him when he was 17.
But your point sort of stands. There is little fact in journalism, it's mostly "connect the dots" reporting

Clearly anything other than a top 4 finish this season would be a disaster.

At their age, there is no way Kane, Son (even Lucas) are going to play another season without Champions League football.

I am surprised we are mid January and still have no incoming players. Its plain to see that we cannot score goals and urgently need to address this.

Whatever is happening, needs to happen quick.
Who are you and what have you done with Harry7

:dierpochhug:

if we keep hearing the ‘sell first before bringing in replacements’ line nothing will fucking change. It’s a simple as that. Until ENIC change their mindset as to how they value and move players on we are stuck in limbo.

Twas 2019

I think it would be more attractive for a potential buyer to retain the payback of the bank loan as it’s set up & not pay ENIC for a debt that is actually owned by THFC . ENIC are not even guarantors of said debt.

From a buyers P.O.V. sure; however this topic (from a disgruntled fan perspective) fundamentally hangs on ENICs motovation to sell......

Every bit of debt paid in the meantime is effectively money in their pocket come sale time.

Back
Top Bottom