January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What would be a good window for everyone, as in what players would you like us to sign now who are realistic signings?

Good window would be 3 new starters. Preferably at least 1 MF and 1 CB. I think we need a new RWB as well so that would be my preferred 3rd choice for the starter but our CB's and MFers suck enough that I wouldn't mind another one of them as well. And of course we need more goals so if we brought in an attacker that would be great as well.

Since we need 5-6 starters we won't be able to get everything we need but 3 starters is realistic and possible, if we weren't owned by Levy.

As for targets that seem potentially available in MF the two preferred choices I would have are Ruben Neves or Bruno Guimaraes. I would also like Weston McKennie but I think if we are only getting one, the first two guys offer more of what we need immediately.

CB- Romagnoli seems like he would be easy to get and would improve us. I don't think he is great and is more of an adequate upgrade but with his deal being done in the summer he is an available, cheap upgrade that we could get. De Vrij would be great and what we need, but I see him being more of a summer move. I think if we get in an adequate guy now, then a top CB in the summer that gives us a solid CB group going into next season- Jan CB-New CB-Romero plus a mix of the guys we have now as subs.

RWB- I don't see Traore as much of an upgrade and certainly not a long term fix or a guy that is close to comparable to what the top teams have but it seems inevitable that we will get him. I prefer Lamptey obviously, but I think he will be too expensive, too risky with injuries and a summer move not January move. Mazraoui at Ajax also seems like a better player and fit and with his deal up could be a possibility. There are other options but it seems tough to get past how likely Traore is so not really worth it to go much past him.

Last edited:
For me, 2 in - Traore and someone like Kessie or McKennie (in terms of level I mean - I appreciate they are quite different players) - and presumably therefore 2 out, ideally including Dele, N'Dombele or Lo Celso, would make it a pretty good January window.

Doherty has of course put a slight spanner in the works - I know that one swallow doesn't necessarily make a good girlfriend or whatever the expression is, but he really did look so much better last night, and if Conte's ways can 'get into him' then maybe he will be useful after all. But it was only one game, so if we let him go I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Last edited:
Being focussed on improving our 1st 11 cost us any new players in 2 windows.

Our bench against Chelsea was dismal. There was no one on it that could have changed that game.
Our squad is weak and anyone who can come and offer us options, either in cups as a starter or from the bench in the league and bigger games is needed IMO.

Getting Nono was very nearly the end of ENIC. I still think they knew all along he was keeping the dugout warm, because I can't fathom how anyone at the club thought it was a good idea.
More strange damaging decision making from the top as per!

Two out, two in.

Would sell Lo Celso and Ndombele for whatever we can get for them.

Traore + creative midfielder.

Them there's mayjick beans

Jelly Beans GIF

Back
Top Bottom