January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Make It So Patrick Stewart GIF

He's free to negotiate with any club outside of Serie A.
He may want to go to another Serie A side. He may want to wait until AC Milan make their final offer.
He might want to wait and see if any other teams come to the table.

We aren't the only team in for him and fans need to realise this.
If you had 5 or 6 job offers, you would take your time to decide which one, not just go for the first one, surely?
Is that true that you can’t sign a pre-contract in the same league?

Isn't the knock on Carlos that he is very aggressive and at times this can lead to cards, fouls or errors? Similar to Romero?

Not sure if having two guys like that works in the backline, but he does seem like a clear upgrade on the likes of Dier, Sanchez and Davies.

I imagine though he will end up at Newcastle though if they want him.

Suggested to my mate it would be Chelsea for the very same reason you suggested.

Wouldn't be shocked if Spurs have made an inquiry, but with De Vrij out of contract and a Conte favourite, I think he will be more likely a target.

I have reservations about Carlos to be fair. He's a walking yellow card. Watch him turn into a worldie of a signing for whoever gets him now I have said that.
I know nothing about him I'm affraid

We haven’t been linked to Arthur from anywhere as far as I can see?
Would be a cracking signing though.

It seems the links for him are all Woolwich related. The only links to us is that he is at Juventus and therefore has to be linked to us because of Paratici.

Barcelona were desperate to get rid of Arthur and he’s barely played since he got to Juve.

The goons are just desperate for a midfielder because because they had 2 fuck off to AFCON and Xhaka is about to be banned for life for gambling on games.

Barcelona were desperate to get rid of Arthur and he’s barely played since he got to Juve.

The goons are just desperate for a midfielder because because they had 2 fuck off to AFCON and Xhaka is about to be banned for life for gambling on games.
Getting out of Xhaka’s contract due to criminality and never seeing him again would be the best thing that ever happened to the scum.

Xhaka innocent! Free Xhaka!

Beggars can't be choosers but if we are talking potential first 11 players that would arguably be available at the right price, it would be Kessie, Dybala, or de Vrij.

If adama traore is the only player in this window then I'd hope at minimum there would be news of some high profile summer transfers.

Only Kessie is realistic I reckon, the other 2 are most definitely summer targets.

All kudos to Stevie, obviously, but let's not forget Lucas v ajax.....he's never repeated that level since and whilst I've always been a fan of Stevie, I don't think one swallow makes a summer. No vulgar jokes, please.

I don't think we can the notion that Barca were keen to get rid of a player as a reason not to sign someone. Barca have a horrific recent record of moving on players who have gone on to good things, and a lot of their deals have been to balance the books.

Pjanic + cash for Arthur was about the money rather than the players involved.

Back
Top Bottom