January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah but we literally have no one else to play other than Kane and Lucas.
Doesn't necessarily mean we can't do better. The last thing we need is a one match wonder. People get carried away by the moment and forget the years of crap preceeding. It's simply not that cut and dried.

Doesn't necessarily mean we can't do better. The last thing we need is a one match wonder. People get carried away by the moment and forget the years of crap preceeding. It's simply not that cut and dried.
It's classic mentality for many of fans I have seen.

Aurier was slated for years. Now he's left he's always referred back to as being better than Emerson and Doherty. Lamela was the same, as were many others. It's strange.

All kudos to Stevie, obviously, but let's not forget Lucas v ajax.....he's never repeated that level since and whilst I've always been a fan of Stevie, I don't think one swallow makes a summer. No vulgar jokes, please.

Not repeated that level but still been a very very useful player for us and worth having on the team.

Stevie is young, physically gifted, a regular player for a top national team, versatile, and looked very good when played under Conte. His biggest issue at Totty has been injuries and lack of finishing. Would a top top team be ruthless and upgrade him? Maybe. But lots of players go through spells and take time to adjust especially when he's had 4 coaches since here. Any time a player moves teams and leagues theres a large chance they won't work out. Also, would we be able to get a player of his current ability (solid) AND his upside (top notch) for 20 million? I really have my doubts. People talk about Antony from Ajax, but he would really have the same questions.

Back
Top Bottom