January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would have liked Adama for 20 mil but I won’t lose any sleep over it if we don’t get him. The most disappointing thing would be we’d be weak at RWB until the summer but waiting till the summer might allow us to choose a better fit.

So Kessie and Traore now linked with Barca instead of Spurs.
Conte has made it clear that we need to sign and offload players but nothing has happened this month and the window shuts in a few days so I can't see anything happening until the summer.
If Levy won't back a truly world class manager like Conte then he will never back anyone.
I can't see Conte staying beyond the summer if I'm honest, I think he is slowly realising he has made a massive mistake in joining Spurs.

Last edited:
If you left your business that late, you should know that other club can interfere and steal your target/s, especially when you are low balling for way too long and piss clubs and players.
Anyone who believe the RWB story has a negative IQ.

He was hired to protect Levy from criticism, no other reason.

Paratici can do all the work of identifying a player and getting a deal in place. If Levy still refuses to sign the cheque because he wants to try and lower the price on deadline day, there is nothing Paratici can do. Levy controls the money and that will never change.

If that criticism is “Levy is choosing players” then it should protect him from that criticism.

We don’t need a DOF to find the elite players we’ve all heard of, ot to go and pay their release clauses or asking prices. he could just come in here and find someone to do that.

If Paratici is choosing players that Levy is telling him are outside our budgeted fee and salary then again, it’s Paratici not Levy that deserves criticism for that.

Levy deserves criticism for hiring Paratici if Paratici can’t fulfill his remit and do what the rest of us schmucks can do and find talented players within Levy’s financial parameters,

So Kessie and Traore now linked with Barca instead of Spurs.
Levy is determined to make Conte leave it would seem.
Were they ever real stories? I saw a week or so ago that there was no contact between Spurs and Wolves about Traore... was it all just rumour or what? We didn't exactly make him priority number one...

Barcelona are a considerably bigger club than us and Traore plays for Spain. Of course it shouldn't come as a surprise over anyone he would choose them over us every day of the week.

I think he would have been an interesting purchase but he's not suddenly going to find a final ball. He's 26, not 20. He's approaching what should be his peak. If and when he looses his speed over the next couple of years he will basically be Djimi Traore.

He also came from Barca’s academy and they are almost certainly not going to use him as a RWB

Yeah what are all these rumours? These Twitter accounts aren't exactly relaying reliable stuff. Why would we let go of Sess? He's finally starting to make some progress and we have two decent lwbs.... Sess needs to stay and compete with Reg for Lwb spot. The rotation there IMO is healthy and looks good

Yeah it’s pretty easy to see that Conte walking isn’t the end, it’s the second sacking of Poch that’s the end.
Even if this all came to pass, there will still be a lot of fans that won’t have the penny drop. People will be unbelievably angry but ENIC will still have their fans. For some people as long as there’s a manager in the dugout and 18 players on the pitch to support there will never be a problem.

Maquire was after Mitchell, we looked at him and went for Sanchez instead.

Touche if I've remembered the year wrong on that front.

Pleat might have recomended Alli, Pleat recommends lots of lower league players but we signed him on Mitchells watch.

What exactly does that matter?

It's been repeatedly referred to that Pleat both brought him to the club's attention AND was the one to subsequently lobby Levy into signing him.

That PM was merely employed at the same time as it happened is irrelevant and in no way makes it part of his legacy.

Again this isnt about his merits (although clearly he was better than Hitchen)

Again; apart from Son..... I don't think there's anything worth noting in it.

The market changed post-Neymar and once the EPL money got boosted. Prices went up accross the board + other EPL clubs could suddenly afford to cling to their players a lot more resolutely.

As much as Hitchins came across as a doofus on Amazon; any monkey could have nominated a bunch of EPL-proven S'oton players to Levy.

but he couldnt tolerate working under Levy.

Again.... This is contentious and whilst in part potentially true there was evidently disharmony in other areas too..... Plus; as I've noted twice already now; he was said to have had the hump about Mane.

Some put up with it and get their reputation shredded, others walk. There is only one common denominator in all these transfer windows and that obviously isnt Baldini, Redknapp, AVB, Commoli, Mitchell, Poch or Paratici. All have had issues and maybe partly culpable but its all just deflection from the real issue.

The flipside of this is that Levy has failings; yes, but that doesn't eradicate the relevance of the "issues" & "part culpability" that you mention.

Levy; like HR, Poch, Commoli, Baldini have all done good things (Not an AVB fan and I've yet to judge Parratici); whittling it all down to just one "bad guy" (tm) is too simplistic to me.

Dragon1 on COYS:
Adama was not about money

player wants Barca

despite what our board may say they are deeply embarrassed by planned protests at training ground on 31st

some itk

the protests cant wait to see it
Just went to have a look.

There are some proper sad cunts on that website. All queuing up to fondle Levy’s beanbag. I bet they all shop at Waitrose.

Cunts.

I mean if this is true, this will get done.

of course, we're also is desperate need of a RWB AND CM so it's a good thing we're spending so much time on this one eh!

Were they ever real stories? I saw a week or so ago that there was no contact between Spurs and Wolves about Traore... was it all just rumour or what? We didn't exactly make him priority number one...
What is a real story anymore? It's just one big cacophony of random names flying about the internet being linked to random clubs that vary by the hour, and then some twat gives it a #Herewego and everyone assumes that it's a done deal...

Yeah what are all these rumours? These Twitter accounts aren't exactly relaying reliable stuff. Why would we let go of Sess? He's finally starting to make some progress and we have two decent lwbs.... Sess needs to stay and compete with Reg for Lwb spot. The rotation there IMO is healthy and looks good
Cos mugs click and cash comes👍👍

Back
Top Bottom