January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a stupid deal. A non mandatory buy clause of €30m when he’ll be worth half that by June?

Wolves will lose more money in loss of value than they will gain by not paying his wages.

That's what happens when you have an agent making decisions for your club. Sometimes you get players that are above your level- Patricio, Neves, Moutinho- but other times you put the needs of the player above the club.

Not even angry anymore.

Just laughing at how incompetent our chairman is.

We are actually going to end up having to rely on players like Winks, Doherty, Royal for top 4 push and STILL no backup for Kane when this window closes.

I'm pleased Wolves didn't accept our low ball bid and have now had a better offer and been able to stick two fingers up Levy's arsehole.

Makes him look a bigger cunt as everyone can see that his brinksmanship has failed again and landed him with egg on face.

Doherty is better than Royal, we are moving the wrong RWB.

He really isn't

He's playing better than he is now, he's found some form but these players always tend to level out.

At least with Royal you can coach him into something, he's 22 so can always improve where as Doherty is either stagnating on his way down.

Royal does need to catch up though, he's way behind

joepnn6gcm741.jpg

We don’t even seem close to moving out players who we will never use again like Ndombele, Lo Celso and Dele. That will be the excuse for not doing any business early in the Summer sorted.

Ok I am not going to totally blame Paratici, nothing has changed in how we are operating this window. We are behaving exactly the same in this transfer window as we have for the last 21 years. So let’s all put our thinking caps on please
Can anyone think of anyone or anything that has been a constant over 21 years

Romain Faivre linked with Lyon for 14m. Would be a good replacement for Dele, could see him being a good midfielder in 3-5-2 or RW in the 3-4-3.

I've just realised 'staying and fighting for my place' actually means "Fuck you, you can't force me out. I'm going to sit on my arse and spend all those filthy fan bucks I get for not playing".

Most players are scum now. Should be paid a stipend unless they are actually playing. We'll see who wants it.

Not that the money and Sessegnon made sense, but that Barak guy as a player seems like such a better fit for what we need than Amarbat.

I wouldn't give up what the made up rumour suggested but if we are adding a MF from a mediocre Serie A team lets go for this guy over the plug from Fiorentina.

He talked a good game, played one too initially, but after a few seasons he continued to say one thing whilst his actions completely contradicted those words. His reputation for bringing through youth is almost entirely based around the first season at Spurs, where he had little choice, and Dele, beyond that if anything he was detrimental to our youth production.

I'm not trying to take away from the job he did, he did very well with what he had initially and that couple of years was easily my favourite spell as a Spurs fan, but by the end I think he had bought into his own hype a bit too much, and I never understand where many peoples blind faith that he would have won us stuff had he been backed more comes from.

Me neither... Fucking loved the bloke.

I agree with those saying if we really wanted Traore then maybe offer the money but.... hnnnnn..

I think it's also an absolute indictment on Barcelona's transfer policy though and shift from pass, pass, pass.

Unless Traore is an incredible success it's as odd as fcuk to me.

4 days.

Back
Top Bottom