January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I disagree, you've laboured a point about selling strikers, which I acknowledged long ago was poorly worded in my initial post, and gone on about Paratici's mixed Summer window, which was someone elses point not mine...

...........So long as you're not making a "big thing" out of this though. :contethumb:

(Like I said before.... Check our respective word-counts on these two Eccleshare tweets...)

I did some lovely huevos rancheros for lunch with eggs laid this morning from where we go horse riding.

Added some crispy-fried diced panceta (thick cut bacon would work too) to the spicy tomato sauce, get involved, it takes it up a notch.

Top tip (this is a game changer for poached eggs too): sieve the eggs for a minute or so in a tea strainer first, then transfer to an espresso coffee cup or a ramekin before slipping into the sauce (lightly boiling water in the case of poached eggs). The sieving gets rid of the most liquid bit of the egg white which tends to splay out all over the shop and you get a far neater, more satisfying finish.
Before slipping it into the sauce

Are you Nigella , if so you can shred my crackers anytime

Indeed.... The one that always stood out for me though was the way he handled Andros. Yet Rose's 'sin' was far more of a breach of Poch's philosophy.

(My criticism re: Toby is that Dav was playing ok at the time and we should have committed to him.... Esp. as we'd just blown 40m on the bloke - and Foyth too - in the name of starting a smooth transition away from the Belgians.... Ditto Davies should have retained his place when Rose finally returned from injury; whilst we searched for a new #1LB).

Someone before used the "comfort blanket" analogy and I think that's true. Much like the way he 'clung' to Eriksen despite it becoming clear he wasn't going to re-sign back in 2018..... Such phenomena (as well as struggling to drop under-performing faves) reinforces the idea of a 'shelf-life manager' that struggles with overhauls (also see Klopp @ BVB.... You can't just wholesale dump a dozen players when they've expired and wait a season or two for the next wave to be indoctrinated).
He talked a good game, played one too initially, but after a few seasons he continued to say one thing whilst his actions completely contradicted those words. His reputation for bringing through youth is almost entirely based around the first season at Spurs, where he had little choice, and Dele, beyond that if anything he was detrimental to our youth production.

I'm not trying to take away from the job he did, he did very well with what he had initially and that couple of years was easily my favourite spell as a Spurs fan, but by the end I think he had bought into his own hype a bit too much, and I never understand where many peoples blind faith that he would have won us stuff had he been backed more comes from.

If I was a player I wouldn't go anywhere near spurs due to the culture that has been fostered over last 10 years.
3 short years ago we were in the CL final. Get a grip man. Yes the squad needs work, but that’s what is happening. Anyone familiar with business knows things take time, and deals we see today maybe started life 6 months ago. Things are a lot more complex than we realise, with strategy and games being played on many levels.

Give Conte and Paratici until the end of NEXT season and then see how we’re doing. As the Italians know, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

He also came from Barca’s academy and they are almost certainly not going to use him as a RWB

I can imagine them playing a front three of Traore, Braithwaite and de Jong at some point.

Cringe Wince GIF

Back
Top Bottom