Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Weren't Swansea in the championship when we bought him? 😂

Indeed...... Even then he was an international.

All the while peeps bang on about raid the champo for rated players.

They're not all gonna pan out.

I still maintain he's been horribly handled since day 1 though.

Easily the worst performance I’ve seen from him. Looked like a player that hasn’t played many games lately.
He hasn't.

He was definitely sloppy at times yesterday but he only had one really bad moment which was the poor back pass.

He clearly needs minutes, a loan would suit all parties.

Based upon what Tanganga has been putting out there recently though, hard to see why he's being picked over Rodon.

He hasn't.

He was definitely sloppy at times yesterday but he only had one really bad moment which was the poor back pass.

He clearly needs minutes, a loan would suit all parties.

Based upon what Tanganga has been putting out there recently though, hard to see why he's being picked over Rodon.
Neither are good enough on the ball for this system.

We have 3 that are: Dier, Romero and Davies.

We need 2 more CB signings. Hopefully one now and one in the summer.

Weren't Swansea in the championship when we bought him? 😂

I didn't see much of him when he was there, but when I did he hardly stood out. Bit of a strange signing all round really and I really don't see a career for him either here or for any decent Premier League side. Not unless he improves big time.

I didn't see much of him when he was there, but when I did he hardly stood out. Bit of a strange signing all round really and I really don't see a career for him either here or for any decent Premier League side. Not unless he improves big time.
Yeah, it was a "Inter want £50m+ for Skrinrar" and Levy was like "nah, what can I get for 20p and a Freddo?"

I do not see what the Managers problem with him is. Whenever I have seen him, he plays with his heart and puts his body on the line. His mistakes are no worse than others. Now we do not see him in training and I can only assume that is the problem but some players simply have more motivation when it matters than in a training match. I would like to see him play more but with Romero now fit this looks unlikely.

Has he ever played on the left? Can he play LCB so that when Dier returns we could go Romero-Dier-Rodon? Sanchez and Davies are uninspiring to say the least.

He has the mobility and agility of a tank which is why Conte said he's Dier's backup

He's not good enough for the level we want to be anyway, let's face it.

He has the mobility and agility of a tank which is why Conte said he's Dier's backup

He's not good enough for the level we want to be anyway, let's face it.
I’m inclined to agree with that last bit. I suppose it’s me throwing a dart at the wall hoping it hits. It’s just depressing seeing Davies, Sanchez and Tanganga trotted out time and time again with 4/10 performances and Rodon gets no chance.

The Spurs fan in me knows he would likely cock it up too but it’s the mystery of the unknown for me that would like to see him given a run out.

I’m inclined to agree with that last bit. I suppose it’s me throwing a dart at the wall hoping it hits. It’s just depressing seeing Davies, Sanchez and Tanganga trotted out time and time again with 4/10 performances and Rodon gets no chance.

The Spurs fan in me knows he would likely cock it up too but it’s the mystery of the unknown for me that would like to see him given a run out.

Davies and Sanchez have been fine for the most part, when they're being martialled by Dier they are solid, obviously last night exposed a lot of their weakenesses but there's a some mitigating factors that some folk aren't seeing as to why they were bad.

I mean Rodon is clearly 5th choice for a reason and to be 5th choice in this defence you can't be up to much

Davies and Sanchez have been fine for the most part, when they're being martialled by Dier they are solid, obviously last night exposed a lot of their weakenesses but there's a some mitigating factors that some folk aren't seeing as to why they were bad.

I mean Rodon is clearly 5th choice for a reason and to be 5th choice in this defence you can't be up to much
That’s fair. I’m probably overreacting a tad from yesterdays display.

For me, Davies is just so so painfully average. His ceiling is 6/10 performances.

I’ve been a supporter of Sánchez since he arrived in hopes that his mental attributes would eventually catch up to the physical ones but I swear he laces his boots on the wrong foot 1 out of 3 games. I’ve never seen a defender consistently lose his footing like he does.

6th choice.... Even Tanganga gets the nod ahead of him.

He's become one of those players that people want to see because the others aren't up to it. So people say let's play this guy instead.

There's a reason none of the last 3 managers have wanted to pick him. Let him go somewhere else in the summer.

Has to be given a go now. As much as I love Ben, he may be suffering from knowing his place is pretty much guaranteed.

If Dier is back, then start Joe on the left with Romero on the right.
If Dier isn't back, then start Joe on the middle with Romero on the right.

Back
Top Bottom