Jose In Or Out 2021 Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose In or Out?

• Total voters
Jose is so lucky the grounds have no fans. This could easily be more toxic than AVB or Gross the way things are now. Lockdown was probably for the best for Spurs.
Lockdown is a key reason why the league is so shit this year and why we are set up as we are. Add the fans and the players (if not the manager) would at least have had a degree of motivation.

aside from the terrible game last night, it might well be one of the most terrible games of football and certainly derbies I’ve ever seen. That’s got to be lockdown effect.

Out immediatly.

Clearly lost ideas and clearly isn't learning, all while tactical responses are non-existant and performances deteriorating.

Out immediatly.

Even if the squad itself and our dysfunctional club governance are equally big problems, José is the sollution to none of them.

Yeah I can imagine someone like Lloris who won the world cup stress about winning a tinpot cup.
Maybe he got satisfied with with his medal
Why are you banging Redknapps drum constantly as if he was the one that got away, yet constantly ridicule Pochettino who blew Redknapps achievements out of the water with a squad that was only on par if not worse than Redknapps in terms of natural ability?
I expected nothing from Redknapp though

What do you and your fans make of Jose?
I like having Jose in the PL - he's a great character, always entertaining, loves English football and gets it, too. In all honesty though I wouldn't want him at my club, not least because his "anti-football" seems cowardly rather than shithouse-but-purposeful these days. If he fails here, I think the "busted flush" motif will be well and truly stuck.
I know he's become unpopular at every club he's been at previously, as he is here now - but I don't think he's ever recovered and won the fans/players back before - so it looks like the writing is on the wall even earlier than anyone expected.
My two pence, I think the player you miss most and have never replaced is Dembele - what a monster. As an opposition fan he completely bullied, bossed and organised things.

I like having Jose in the PL - he's a great character, always entertaining, loves English football and gets it, too. In all honesty though I wouldn't want him at my club, not least because his "anti-football" seems cowardly rather than shithouse-but-purposeful these days. If he fails here, I think the "busted flush" motif will be well and truly stuck.
I know he's become unpopular at every club he's been at previously, as he is here now - but I don't think he's ever recovered and won the fans/players back before - so it looks like the writing is on the wall even earlier than anyone expected.
My two pence, I think the player you miss most and have never replaced is Dembele - what a monster. As an opposition fan he completely bullied, bossed and organised things.
Can't argue with that tbh.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the final months of destruction in every recent Jose spell at other clubs. Must be nice lol :(

Rodgers seems to have benefited massively from his experience. Went from arguably a bit naive to having a pretty good balance of when to sit and when to attack. You must be happy?

I think everyone needs to chill.
Mourinho is the best manager you could ever hope to have.
This is all to do with the players and the board.
The fans too.
They keep talking about good football. The last time that was played was in 1987
Guess what.. Never won us anything.
The last trophy was won by a boring manager in Ramos.
Poch was lucky. Woolwich United and even Chelsea began to dip and start the rebuild. He messed up big time. His only plan was to press. If that didnt work we didnt fare to well. Once all his players were worn out you could see what happened he didnt win an away game for 14 months and form was crap. People have short memories. Dele is probably finished. His legs maybe gone as Poch just had players contiually pressing.

When Poch realised that he needed to freshen up he was kicked out despite not speanding for two years

Jose has done well with players that are not his. we zoomed up the table last season and were top about 5 weeks ago so it cant be that bad

Whether it be Pep Allegri wenger any of these managers will have the same problem. So you cant blame Jose

Lloris Toby Rodon Hojberg Sissoko Lo Celso Tanguy Son Harry Lucas Bergweign Tanganga Gazzniga

Reguillon going back to Madrid

Needed

2 RB
2 CB
2 LB
1DM
1 Playmaker
1 older striker
1 younger striker

In reality thats whats needed, but cant see that been spent so therefore not much will change

Sad but true

;-)

Rogers is doing brilliant for Leicester fair play. In regard to Dembele we may have never replaced him but in Ndombele and PEH we have some seriously decent midfielders now just Jose doesn’t want to use them properly . He just hopes the weakest part of the team the CB’s can defend for 90 mins then hoof the ball to Son.

It’s like trying what you guys did during your league win but without Kante or decent CB’s and I think anyway clubs are now wise to that.

Can't argue with that tbh.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the final months of destruction in every recent Jose spell at other clubs. Must be nice lol :(

Rodgers seems to have benefited massively from his experience. Went from arguably a bit naive to having a pretty good balance of when to sit and when to attack. You must be happy?
I was very hopeful with his appointment, and he's exceeded all expectations. So much of it is about the owners though - they have been 100% brilliant. Attended every game from the start, learned from mistakes, made a point of keeping the fans happy. The recruitment process which has just been staggeringly good overall clearly extends to the manager too. Not rubbing it in, btw - in the 50+ years I've been supporting Leicester I've seen some truly hideous times (and hideous players!). But yes, the last few years have been so weirdly good I find it hard to believe. I often ask myself - "why us? Why not Stoke, or Villa, or Saints, or another comparable club?" We were just incredibly lucky that these guys decided to buy us. Won the lottery.

I see a senior executive whose success has fallen off considerably in the past decade and struggled with corporations with more resources than us. The individual was fired from his last 2 positions in his 3rd year because of poor results and an incredibly toxic relationship.

Let’s hire him!
Glass half full v glass half empty I suppose man.

Put yourself in the position of running a large company that isn’t performing as you’d like. Maybe you are such a person, who knows, but bear with me.

You want to hire a senior executive that has a proven track record, doing fantastically well with a few of your direct competitors. You know, those past achievements.

You take him in and he takes a good while to form the team he is heading up. He takes a while for his strategies to be properly implemented. There’s going to be ups and downs. You don’t just bin him off less than 18 months in. Especially if it will cost you a load of cash to do so and especially if you’ve spent a fortune getting him team members to work alongside.
There's nothing to be positive about.

We don't enjoy watching the players and the thing you refer to being implemented is nothing. He has no tactical gameplan. Its a joke.

Rogers is doing brilliant for Leicester fair play. In regard to Dembele we may have never replaced him but in Ndombele and PEH we have some seriously decent midfielders now just Jose doesn’t want to use them properly . He just hopes the weakest part of the team the CB’s can defend for 90 mins then hoof the ball to Son.

It’s like trying what you guys did during your league win but without Kante or decent CB’s and I think anyway clubs are now wise to that.
Ndombele's a gem. Love watching him play. I'm surprised that PEH is doing well - I always thought he was - not exactly a donkey, but a bit underwhelming.
But surely, when you have a front 2 as potent as yours your midfield needs a deep lying playmaker (we have Tielemans). From what I've seen, you struggle to find Kane/Son through the midfield.
For whatever reason though, it's not working and unlike other managers who were given time when their first couple of seasons weren't stellar but came good (Klopp, for example), it doesn't look like Jose has a plan - like he just needs longer to instill his ideas. It looks like he hasn't really got any.

I voted out at end of season, but I don't think he deserves it and I'm frankly a little terrified where we will end up if we give him more time.

The biggest issue I have is who the hell can we possibly get in now? Are we going to hand over the reigns to Ledley? Seems like a really unfair thing to do to him, we don't need vitriol being directed to him because he can't turn around this shower of shit.

Let's just admit that the season is shot. So do you hand it over to caretaker and accept the inevitable series of transition periods, or do we see if Mou has any magic left in him to turn it around?

Can someone clip that part of the amazon doc where Jose arrives and Winks is like "I bet training is gona be well tactical ennit" and interlace it with clips of 11 men behind the ball, terrible defending, hoofing upfield etc (and that's just the games against relegation fodder).

If you want to continue not enjoying watching your team at the expense of maybe a tinpot trophy then sure keep him in.

I'm rapidly falling out of love with the club and football and its because of Mourinho.

I reckon if we swapped Klopp for Mourinho, and a combined Liverpool/Man City best XI tomorrow, we'd STILL find a way to turn them into mid-table dross...

Much as I despise Mourinho, it's not all down to him. He may be the catalyst to this season, but he's also representative of the position our club is in.... the final domino in the chain of events that transpired pretty much from the 25th second of the CL Final onwards...

He's the result of HAVING NO other option left than to go for the only 'guaranteed' serial winner available in football, and see how we go!

The fact there ARE no guarantees in football show how desperate we are... yes, he's won at every club he's been at, but LOOK at the clubs he's been at!
And whenever it got sour, he fucked off... winners medal in hand, name in the record books... reputation in tact!
...only difference now is that (typically) it has gone sour before he could win us a Trophy.

Weirdly, I still think he/we might win the League Cup... and he can say 'told you so... see??' and do all the petty little touchline 'shushh-ing' and wind-up cuntery he seems to love!

Personally, I hope we DO win the Cup... not 'cos of him, but 'cos we need SOMETHING to get the monkey off our shoulder... or else I fear the Club merchandise might be contractually obliged to add 'ey' to all the Spurs merch in future!!

Sorry if this was already posted.

g7k7l92oejf61.jpg

Back
Top Bottom