Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We seem to concede more goals once leading and protecting the lead than we do when trying to take the lead ourselves - does this not contradict the idea the defense needs the extra protection? As when we are pushing on we don't concede

You might be right about Winks but Dele was playing shite and that's why Jose asked whether he was Dele or Dele's brother. i know that wasn't as soon as he arrived, but he gave him a chance to pick things up in the new style and he didn't (except for a few games after that conversation).

that article was from 22nd Nov 2019. Jose joined in November, I think.

Winks has always been hit and miss for me. One good game, one bad one. He's man of the match 1 out of 11 games, which is about average for the regular squad. That hasn't changed.
My comment was pure sarcasm.

Alli turned to shit before Jose arrived and Winks has always been shit.

He has been man of the match against his level of opponents. How many of them were in the Prem?

Mourinho has been sacked at his 3 previous club because he lost the dressing room , but doesn't look like it happening here, so i am glad to say he will be here until at least his initial contract end

i don't care, but if you don't support mourinho , then you are don't support the players who support jose , then you also don't support the club
Im taking from your non answer it is not very long at all. Im guessing you've never even been to White Hart Lane. Dont refer to Spurs or Tottenham as "our" or "us". You have no idea what it is to support this club. Fuck off and never bother Spurs supporters again in this weird little corner of the internet where we come to get away from utter cunts like you.

I cant wait until we sack this dinosaur and we don't have to put up with these twats and can reclaim the feeling of what it is to be Tottenham Hostpur Football Club.

Just to emphasise, Fuck Off.

We seem to concede more goals once leading and protecting the lead than we do when trying to take the lead ourselves - does this not contradict the idea the defense needs the extra protection? As when we are pushing on we don't concede
When we score the opposition tries to get back in the game by attacking but our defence cannot hold out nor our midfield hold on to the ball. So it becomes a vicious cycle in which we win the ball only to give it back, resulting in almost our entire team behind the ball.

One can argue that we should take the gamble and push on and let the defence take care of itself i.e. if we concede so be it, we will just out score them. The issue that comes with that is that we are not the most clinical team upfront.

Some will still take that option while others want to be more conservative, but at the end, neither losing 5-4 nor losing 2-1 is a recipe for consistent good results

Im taking from your non answer it is not very long at all. Im guessing you've never even been to White Hart Lane. Dont refer to Spurs or Tottenham as "our" or "us". You have no idea what it is to support this club. Fuck off and never bother Spurs supporters again in this weird little corner of the internet where we come to get away from utter cunts like you.

I cant wait until we sack this dinosaur and we don't have to put up with these twats and can reclaim the feeling of what it is to be Tottenham Hostpur Football Club.

Just to emphasise, Fuck Off.
Mourinho is our only hope to breakaway from this decades of trophyless curse , if you think changing him with some lesser "good football" manager could finally land us a trophy then you are dumb , we will remain small club if we sack him or even worse

Mourinho is our only hope to breakaway from this decades of trophyless curse , if you think changing him with some lesser "good football" manager could finally land us a trophy then you are dumb , we will remain small club if we sack him or even worse

Obvious troll. Needs to be red carded.

If you are levy you aren't going to sack mourinho, since you know your club financial condition better, sacking him and hiring his replacement will cost a lot and what if we are still shite after changing manager ? There is no guarantee that things could be better and we qualify UCL just by changing the manager , but one thing for sure you lost millions of quid by doing so. Go ask Ed woodward, sack jose when they were 6th, paying 20m sacking fee ,hiring ole , made him permanent with 8m per year , still end up 6th.

I’m not joking

This is if Jose Mourinho doesn’t work for us!!!

Is the era of having a manager really necessary?

If we have to change the manager every 1.5 years, what’s the point of going through so many different upheavals every time?

Unfortunately we have Daniel Levy, who doesn’t seem to be able to get along with any manager.

So, if we don’t have a manager, and lose many matches, he can’t blame anyone but himself.

If we use a good scout who in coordination with the squad finds suitable players to enhance the effectiveness of the team every window, this might be better way.

Also the players know their best positions, health conditions and are able to create harmony within the squad etc, should know what is best for getting good results week in week out, without being troubled by a manager.

I understand that this idea is a bit radical, but we really need something better than what have been enduring for so many decades.

What do you think?

If you are levy you aren't going to sack mourinho, since you know your club financial condition better, sacking him and hiring his replacement will cost a lot and what if we are still shite after changing manager ? There is no guarantee that things could be better and we qualify UCL just by changing the manager , but one thing for sure you lost millions of quid by doing so. Go ask Ed woodward, sack jose when they were 6th, paying 20m sacking fee ,hiring ole , made him permanent with 8m per year , still end up 6th.

🤡

i don't care, but if you don't support mourinho , then you don't support the players who support jose , then you also don't support the club
when we win , then don't celebrate

Give it a rest. You don't get to tell any of us that we don't support spurs, nor that we don't get to celebrate. It's perfectly possible to want the club to win, but still want Jose gone.

Wind your neck in sunshine.

Starting to get strong wicker man vibes here . Reckon they meet up once a year on a remote island to burn 10ft effigies of Pep Guardiola, Eva Carneiro and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, the latter i can only assume for taking the great ones job that should have rightfully been his for life. Think it would be easier de-programming a moonie or someone from Waco than this lot.

Back
Top Bottom