Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lewis and Levy are putting the club up for sale this Summer and reckon it will sell for more with a high profile manager hence the Documentary and Jose fits the bill

9Q34Xv.gif

Lewis and Levy are putting the club up for sale this Summer and reckon it will sell for more with a high profile manager hence the Documentary and Jose fits the bill

Arabs won’t buy us but the Yanks will

You’re welcome
Do you have some source that tells you this or is it the rumour from when Jose joined?

Do you have some source that tells you this or is it the rumour from when Jose joined?
A source close to the Club but it may also have been one of the factors to Jose’s appointment

I dismissed it at first but am hearing it from others now

It was interesting to watch the Newcastle game again with a critical eye.

The biggest stand out characteristic of our squad is 'hesitation'. Many of our players take too many touches and don't move the ball quick enough. In particular Holjberg and Lo Celso missed multiple runs by our attacking players and you could visibly see the frustration from Reggie and Kane.

Tanganga was caught with his pants round his ankles on too many occasions; which left a flustered Sanchez to continuously cover for him and get dragged out of position.

I don't think the entire squad needs replacing; and sympathise that Mourinho clearly doesn't have quality at right back, center back and defensive midfield. However, a 'coach' of his calibre has had plenty of time to work with these players and should have a solid RB and a nailed on CB pairing by now. Changing the back 4 every single week is a recipe for disaster. Liverpool won the league through consistency - not humiliating players in the media (which lets face it, klopp could have done to Lovren every week).

Its clear there is some issue with Aurier and Sissoko - and if they leave there is no chance N'Dombele sticks around.

agreed about Tanganga (getting caught out of position) and Jose should have been able to coach back 4 to be able to defend better (what is ledley king doing ?, good players don't always make coaches/managers)

Lo Celso can't see a pass (see how many times he looks before he passes) only Eriksen & Kane can see a pass before its there, and Eriksen went 12mths ago

Arabs won’t buy us but the Yanks will

You’re welcome
The clubs always up for sale - both of the pricks would bend over for some Arab length if the price was right so don’t rule out Saudi

That said, I imagine we’ve instructed agents / biz consultants to expedite the sale and push it this summer

The clubs always up for sale - both of the pricks would bend over for some Arab length if the price was right so don’t rule out Saudi

That said, I imagine we’ve instructed agents / biz consultants to expedite the sale and push it this summer

They’ll want too much money for it. Even some absurdly wealthy Arabian has a valuation. Same for the Americans who I think will be the real buyers when and if there is one. A Glazier style leveraged purchase of the club by a company or person we’ve never heard of will be the way forward. No chance are we lucky enough to get an owner who wants to spunk a never ending amount of money on the team. It will be an investment vehicle buying us with banks money for a return on their investment. The glaziers have made ridiculous sums for themselves, why wouldn’t another American billionaire just copy their model, which seems more likely?

(edit: apologies for the depressing post to kick off the week!)

They’ll want too much money for it. Even some absurdly wealthy Arabian has a valuation. Same for the Americans who I think will be the real buyers when and if there is one. A Glazier style leveraged purchase of the club by a company or person we’ve never heard of will be the way forward. No chance are we lucky enough to get an owner who wants to spunk a never ending amount of money on the team. It will be an investment vehicle buying us with banks money for a return on their investment. The glaziers have made ridiculous sums for themselves, why wouldn’t another American billionaire just copy their model, which seems more likely?

The price which they value the club is between £2.5 billion to £3 billion. This is with a £1 billion stadium debt on the books. The club is just worth what they are asking, they want the kind of money that is absurd.

I have news. This is lewis and levy's club. We are just customers.
Absolutely this. Drives me crazy when fans seem to think they own the club, or that those who do have some kind of obligation to do what the fans tell them to or bankroll heavy spending etc. The owners own the club, they appoint who they want to it, and they spend as much or as little as they choose on it. We can like it or lump it. They don't make us support the club, we choose to, and it's not their fault that we do.

I know most fans don't like to admit this, but it's true.

And btw, the idea that they are just temporary custodians is irrelevant - today (and for the last 20 years), they are the owners, so can do as they wish (within the rules / law obviously), and if one of their choices is to recruit the most successful PL manager (still active) of the last 20 years, then it's hardly an insane idea. It's not working, it's a disaster, we can all see that, and many predicted that when he was appointed, but on paper it wasn't the craziest idea.

Last edited:
why did you guys think mourinho is going to get sacked ? if levy was really his fans, he would have agreed with whatever mourinho said , he can threw anyone under the bus and levy would agree with same as any other mourinistas

why did you guys think mourinho is going to get sacked ? if levy was really his fans, he would have agreed with whatever mourinho said , he can threw anyone under the bus and levy would agree with same as any other mourinistas
Mourinho is a joke he is only still in a job because it will be cheaper to sack him at the end of the season. If Mourinho had any honor he would walk without a payoff. Levy does not care about Mourinho he cares about cash and Mourinho still being here next season will lose match day revenue because people are less likely to spend when they are unhappy and I can guarantee the atmosphere is going to be absolutely toxic.

The fact that you call yourself a Mourinista makes me pity you because what connection can you have with a manager. So please find some Mourinho appreciation

Maybe a leveraged investment moves us forward...: not ideal, but we need some fresh ideas, vision, sponsor etc and interest rates are currently v low

Back
Top Bottom