Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whatever formation we play I don’t think it would make a massive difference as it’s the phases/patterns/style (whatever you want to call it) of play that we really struggle with. Full backs push on so far and no midfielder drops deep enough for the ball to move with any purpose. Toby or Jan knocks it into midfield with a opp player up their backside and then it’s passed back. There’s no 2nd or 3rd man run at all.
I can’t handle watching the ball get passed side to side in their final third and feel sorry for the midfielder who looks up and sees the attackers just standing there looking straight back at them.

January is a crappy window though, I really think this season is a fucking write off. We'll see better in the summer how things will pan out. Hopefully a lot of the deadwood will be turfed out and Mourinho will get a full pre-season into the players...if things are still shit next season we can start to worry then...

I think there are too many issues to address to put it all on summer window.
Changes have to be step by step and given our current situation, finding a better DM than Dier or better fullbacks as Aurier and Rose is a very low bar tens of such players in clubs around Europe, some in smaller clubs that might be tempted to sell. It's not like we'd need Kante and Alexander-Arnold level of players to upgrade on what we have now :D .

And on the other side - if supply of players is awful, we can always put some of our lads on the market - KWP, Rose, Wanyama, Lamela, CCV could leave like it almost wouln't make a change.

Of course we will not resolve all of our issues and positions in Jan, but we need to start with the changes, otherwise we could do very well in summer but still fail next season if we try to integrate like 6 new players to starting XI.

Am I the only one whose had my arse with Jose already? I'm already sick of his fucking antics on the sidelines and his digging players out in pressers etc. He is already acting like he's in his 3rd year and wants a payoff. Totally fucking sick of him already...let's not even mention the way he has made changes to personnel and tactics like its going out of fashion...(I know some were forced)... feels like a manger in his last 3 month's not the first few weeks. Genuinely fucking sick of his mardy face and mardy comments. He's being a nob.
TheSpurEst
How about making a comment rather than just a disagree?
Really? Puerile

Pardon my french, but what the f*ck is there do "make a comment" or "discuss" if you are just hysterical - panicing -doom-gloomer? What kind of result do you expext if you run around and throw around s*it like chimp with diarreah?

Only funny that you have double proven your hysteria with -
a) mentioning me twice
b) doing exactly same thing that you were whining about me doing

Calm yourself, I was first reading through this thread and changing thoughts with people who actually look like they want to discuss.
Unlike you... who just take whatever media feeds you about your club, are willing to belive everything worst WITHOUT A SHADE OF DOUBT even though this critique is aimed at your own club. And you try to present yourself as a fan of this club...

But lets quickly go over your hysteria spree (NB! for future referecne I will not intend to answer to post full of extreme hysteria without any substance like the initial quoted one).
-I'm already sick of his fucking antics on the sidelines and his digging players out in pressers etc.
WHAT ANTICS?? If you'd take a moment to think, you'd understand that his "show" what he made was to distract media from the performance. Take a yellow, say something provocative and media will talk about you. Would you really prefer that media would be deeply discussing how bad we played??? What would that make better?
WHO HAS BEEN DIGGING OUT??? Please, do fcking explain. Haven't seen one occasion of that, if you mean Ndombele and Lamela thing, visit Ndombele thread. Read what he actually said instead of eating media pre-fabricated stuff. Think for yourself. Have a shade of doubt if it is your club that is under the lights instead of believing worse version.

Actually... there is even nothing else to point out. Nothing to discuss.
ALL YOU DID WAS THROWING SHIT AND INSULTS. If you expect argumentation or discussion then learn to post on higher level than 9 year old hysterical child. If you just scream and rant, don't expect reasonable replies!!

Liked the Press conference. Taking the F A cup seriously which Poch did not. Also talking about Klopp being there several seasons and he clearly does not consider himself a short term solution. Eriksen available for this match.
Not very confident and will be pissed off if we lose.
Our recent performances have not been good but I remember going to WHL in November 1990 to see us play WBA. It was awful despite I believe Hoddle, Ardiles and Villa playing. We were 3-0 down at half time at home and still the same score on the hour mark when Villa was substituted as he was playing crap. I could take no more and for the only time ever walked out of the ground early. Did not think it through as I had arranged for the wife to pick me up at an arranged time and place and had an extra 30 mins to kill and it was raining. Still remember trying to pretend I was interested in furniture in a local store just to keep out of the rain. Gary Brooke came on as sub and in my absence inspired a comeback and it ended 2-3.
The point of the story is that despite how abysmal we were then it was only 6 months later that after a dull first game Villa inspired Spurs to win the F A cup. My expectations on winning the F A Cup were non existent in Nov 1990 and not much higher now.
No parallel this season as saw Spurs in early December but we won 5-0. It has gone downhill since then.

Pardon my french, but what the f*ck is there do "make a comment" or "discuss" if you are just hysterical - panicing -doom-gloomer? What kind of result do you expext if you run around and throw around s*it like chimp with diarreah?

a) mentioning me twice

Calm yourself, I was first reading through this thread and changing thoughts with people who actually look like they want to discuss.
Unlike you... who just take whatever media feeds you about your club, are willing to belive everything worst WITHOUT A SHADE OF DOUBT even though this critique is aimed at your own club. And you try to present yourself as a fan of this club...

But lets quickly go over your hysteria spree (NB! for future referecne I will not intend to answer to post full of extreme hysteria without any substance like the initial quoted one).
-I'm already sick of his fucking antics on the sidelines and his digging players out in pressers etc.
WHAT ANTICS?? If you'd take a moment to think, you'd understand that his "show" what he made was to distract media from the performance. Take a yellow, say something provocative and media will talk about you. Would you really prefer that media would be deeply discussing how bad we played??? What would that make better?
WHO HAS BEEN DIGGING OUT??? Please, do fcking explain. Haven't seen one occasion of that, if you mean Ndombele and Lamela thing, visit Ndombele thread. Read what he actually said instead of eating media pre-fabricated stuff. Think for yourself. Have a shade of doubt if it is your club that is under the lights instead of believing worse version.

ALL YOU DID WAS THROWING SHIT AND INSULTS. If you expect argumentation or discussion then learn to post on higher level than 9 year old hysterical child. If you just scream and rant, don't expect reasonable replies!!

Look who's trying to win the internet with shoutiness and swearing and angry bold type. You clearly are unable to engage in a sensible manner without resorting to these methods. Get a grip and take some criticism as it's intended. I didn't swear or shout at you and yet that's your default position. Seriously, lighten up.

a) mentioning me twice

Ps a lot of your post makes no sense due to the spelling and grammar errors... is this due to poor education, low IQ or the rage issues you appear to have with anyone who dares to disagree. I'd also like to point out that, yes, the post in this thread about Mourinho does come across as negative, however the majority of my posts aren't.

Jose’s appointment is going to go one of two ways, we will either be the first club he has never won a trophy at and he retires rich but forever known as a dinosaur who couldn’t adjust to the modern game, or he will become the manager that retried the term spursy once and for all, giving us our first premier league title and letting us taste European glory again by winning the champions league , I really think it’s an all or nothing appointment and we will see which way it is heading after a few transfer windows, and to judge him before he has had a chance to make this squad his own is just petty

a) mentioning me twice

It's never too early to be pissed.

Jose’s appointment is going to go one of two ways, we will either be the first club he has never won a trophy at and he retires rich but forever known as a dinosaur who couldn’t adjust to the modern game, or he will become the manager that retried the term spursy once and for all, giving us our first premier league title and letting us taste European glory again by winning the champions league , I really think it’s an all or nothing appointment and we will see which way it is heading after a few transfer windows, and to judge him before he has had a chance to make this squad his own is just petty
Out of interest which way do you see it going.

Back
Top Bottom