Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s ten games John, without Kane now too.
He’s still trying to find the best set up for this rabble and it seems he might be into something.

Yesterday relied on good passing for the counter. He trusted Dele and Eriksen to be able to make some accurate passes to Son and Moura but he underestimated just how SHIT they would be.

That’s baffling because they play like this every week, but to say the tactics and selection was wrong is off.
I’m annoyed he didn’t change it after half an hour though.

We needed to change after 30 mins, your words - but he didn't get his tactics or selection wrong....

Liverpool play exactly the same every game, so there were no surprises from them.

It’s ten games John, without Kane now too.
He’s still trying to find the best set up for this rabble and it seems he might be into something.

Yesterday relied on good passing for the counter. He trusted Dele and Eriksen to be able to make some accurate passes to Son and Moura but he underestimated just how SHIT they would be.

That’s baffling because they play like this every week, but to say the tactics and selection was wrong is off.
I’m annoyed he didn’t change it after half an hour though.
I know Sammy. you missed the irony of my post, mate.

:dierpochhug:

No matter how badly we play, or how low we fall, or how desperate we become people will always be blaming the manager..

I know Sammy. you missed the irony of my post, mate.

:dierpochhug:

No matter how badly we play, or how low we fall, or how desperate we become people will always be blaming the manager..

Within all that however is the fact that at some point these will become Mourinho's players.

For now and rightly he will be absolved of too much blame but managers are there to add value.

That is the rub. Always has been and always will be.

We needed to change after 30 mins, your words - but he didn't get his tactics or selection wrong....

Liverpool play exactly the same every game, so there were no surprises from them.
We needed a change of personnel but as I’ve said, he trusted Eriksen and Dele to be able to pass the ball.
Not rocket science is it.
I’ve not once defended him for playing either or leaving them in so long, but the logic behind it was obvious.
Just a shame they are both toilet.

Please don’t try and bang the drum that they shouldn’t be in the team. You thought they were world class not long ago when I was telling you for two years they don’t deserve to start games.

:dierpochhug::walkercry:

Our love in makes me emotional

tenor.gif

That is simplistic but a reasonable assertion.

It's also too easy for some to say we need to start with other players. Who is that exactly and would they have the tactical understanding required of them or instill that sense of concern in opponents? They are not easily answered.

It's effective and trusted competition for places which is needed and we don't have it. Until we do we are going to have to rely and hope for better performances from those who are picked. They must be starting for good reason.

Liverpool are just on the kind of run in terms of lack of injuries, level of performance and team unity that we could only dream of. That nearly any club could ever dream of. It's remarkable because player for player they are not as good as their sum.

The loss was a real crushing blow and has left lasting damage.

He will get bored/lose the plot well before any overhaul of the squad - it's now or never with him imo.
He won’t get bored before he’s won something though and then you and Guido can sit there and tell everyone that winning the FA Cup and the EL wasn’t better than losing the CL, and that we should bring back Poch as he just came 2nd with Spartak Moscow.

We sacked Poch for this?

Jose will be out of our club within 18 months, wait and see.

Every game against a good team (apart from Wolves away) we have lost. One win from our last SIX games. Already starting to become the Grumpy One again.

I hope he succeeds with us, I really do, but I just don't see it. He needs to be able to spend money but unfortunately for him and us he's working under a tight twat who lacks aggression and assertiveness in the transfer market.

A few years back we were ahead of Liverpool. Now look at us.

Yesterday was shit, having to listen to those orcs lording it up in our gaff and then hearing Klopp the Kunt say after the game they were the better team for 75 minutes. What a biased prick.

I don't hate Jose but I don't think he's a good fit for our club, I really don't.

We sacked Poch for this?

Jose will be out of our club within 18 months, wait and see.

Every game against a good team (apart from Wolves away) we have lost. One win from our last SIX games. Already starting to become the Grumpy One again.

I hope he succeeds with us, I really do, but I just don't see it. He needs to be able to spend money but unfortunately for him and us he's working under a tight twat who lacks aggression and assertiveness in the transfer market.

A few years back we were ahead of Liverpool. Now look at us.

Yesterday was shit, having to listen to those orcs lording it up in our gaff and then hearing Klopp the Kunt say after the game they were the better team for 75 minutes. What a biased prick.

I don't hate Jose but I don't think he's a good fit for our club, I really don't.
Pretty much how I feel.

I think its 1 point from 18? We look all over the place , no coaching improvements and all I'm seeing now is lots of performance from him on the touchline to make sure it's all about him.

This is a disaster waiting to happen.

I wonder what the general feeling would be here if Lo Celso hadn't missed that golden opportunity. Or if Son hadn't missed his. Surely a draw against the league leaders wouldn't have been considered such a bad result...

Really disappointed in him so far.

seeing nothing of this pure winner we were promised.

Its a bit difficult when you inherit the squad we have, with that Danish turnip strolling round the pitch for example. I'm a bit surprised he told Levy the squad was good enough, or maybe he just wanted the job so badly regardless, but he must have seen the trouble brewing ahead.

I wonder what the general feeling would be here if Lo Celso hadn't missed that golden opportunity. Or if Son hadn't missed his. Surely a draw against the league leaders wouldn't have been considered such a bad result...
That’s the thing, we were actually opening them up for a good 20 minutes.
Sons miss was a disgrace, and Lo Celso couldn’t have been closer.

We deserved a draw, no doubt about it.
Their only goal came for a throw in that should have been ours too.

Some have the knives out, and to judge after 10 games when they said 5.5 years was too soon to judge is just farcical beyond belief.

Its a bit difficult when you inherit the squad we have, with that Danish turnip strolling round the pitch for example. I'm a bit surprised he told Levy the squad was good enough, or maybe he just wanted the job so badly regardless, but he must have seen the trouble brewing ahead.
Poch said over 6 times the squad was good enough but people were happy to read between the lines then.

Dont know what people expect really.

Mourinho has barely been here 15 games, inherited an unbalanced squad low in confidence and desperately in need of new players.

Unfortunately nowadays everyone wants everything instantly and it's simply not reality to expect miracles from him or any other manager.

You arent just going to be better than Liverpool, City etc in a handful of games with an inferior squad.

Waaaaaahhhhhh
The European, World and soon to be English champions who have W20 D1 L0, beat us 1-0

Funny how you didn’t mind how we whimped out of the CL final with the wrong selection and tactics though eh
More top draw football analysis. I've already alluded to their current stats and standing in a previous post, pay attention.

And again, you say I didn't mind us loosing in the CL final, like where the fuck did you get that from?!? Why do you constantly lie before you try to make a point? Is your argument genuinely that poor, that deep down you feel the need to begin with a lie?

It's this kind of bullshit that is hard to explain from you. You actually have been screaming for Poch to be sacked (fine), you cited his tactics in the CL final as a reason, yet here you are in support of the Manager that has replaced him for getting beaten by the same Club, at home, playing the same players you slated Poch for.

How is anyone supposed to take you seriously?

If you didn't like the CL final, how the fuck are you using it as ammunition against me to defend what we saw from Jose yesterday?

Back
Top Bottom