Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not really, we were told the squad was great, the manager had lost it. Now we find this supposed special one can't improve it much.

People are right to ask questions, not whether he's better or worse than Poch, but if he really is what we hope he is and if he is whats best for us

If you thought the last manager needed a new squad and major investment but you don’t think Jose deserves that then you’re being a prick

If you thought the last manager needed a new squad and major investment but you don’t think Jose deserves that then you’re being a prick
Yes, but at absolutely no point did i say that.

People think the "better" management the Mourinho has would instantly make a difference and it did, for 4 games.

What im against is a quick in, quick out manger over a manager who is given time and hopefully money to develop a squad capable of playing to a coherent system.

I'm saying that Mr "No more that three years" isn't that man

Jose with our squad in the shape it was between 2015-2018 would have won a domestic cup, and the title in the Leicester season
He’d have also won the CL final last season.
The fact we even challenged for the title was down to Poch working miracles on a shoestring budget.
Something Jose's never avhieved in all his years in England.

As for winning the CL final v Liverpool?
He can't even get the same group of players to beat Southampton, Watford and Norwich City since Christmas.

He's not showing he's become a poor manager, but he's definately showing us what a magician Pocchetino was to consistently get this squad to the heights it reached

Yes, but at absolutely no point did i say that.

People think the "better" management the Mourinho has would instantly make a difference and it did, for 4 games.

What im against is a quick in, quick out manger over a manager who is given time and hopefully money to develop a squad capable of playing to a coherent system.

I'm saying that Mr "No more that three years" isn't that man
Time will tell.
Poch already failed with this squad over and over and over again.
Seven times, eight of you include Leicester.

He ruined what he built, and left us in a shit hole.
We are 7th, when he left we were 14th
We have gone through in a domestic and qualified for the CL knock outs.

Its crap, but it’s better than it was.
Jose will be judged when he has his own team, not the corpse of Pochs one.

I'm sure there's more. Villa got 11 alone this summer. I'm sure the Scum is right up there.

We are going where you wanted us to go. You were sure that no one else had bought 27 players over 6 years. I think everyone else have
But as you said they have had several managers.
What one manager has had 27 players.
The answer was Pep wasn’t it

The fact we even challenged for the title was down to Poch working miracles on a shoestring budget.

He can't even get the same group of players to beat Southampton, Watford and Norwich City since Christmas.

He's not showing he's become a poor manager, but he's definately showing us what a magician Pocchetino was to consistently get this squad to the heights it reached
Leicester won the title

End of

It’s criminal we haven’t bought a replacement striker yet

Fair if you wanna knock his approach but the man has been given tools some of which are Championship level at best or aged well past their expiry date

Give him a proper transfer window, Levy - please

Anyone judging him now is just being a prick to be honest and cry wanking for the last manager.

I can't pretend to be his biggest fan. It still just feels a bit weird having him in charge. But I'm also as fickle as the next man, so if he does a good job, I'll love him.

So far, I'm mildly happy. I think he stopped the playing out from the back nonsense and won us a few games, but since then has tried to get us playing football again. It seems he's curbed the Dier experiment and I'm pleased he seems to be working in Lo Celso. We still don't know what his overall goal is, as we need to see how the defence lines up at the beginning of next season.

My only grip so far, and we'll probably disagree on this, is him calling out Ndombele. It's just petty and mean spirited (even if true).

What I am intrigued to see is how he deals with Dele. That will tell us how ruthless he is.

No we want to do well.

But picking the wrong man for the job just because of what he used to do is beyond stupid.

Should we sign Pele and George Best too?

The thing is we can't tell yet if he's the wrong man or not. We could have gone for a different type of manager such as Nagelsmann or Rose (although neither would have been available until the summer at least), but they would have also been a gamble.

Years from now we'll have a definite answer to this. Mourinho's detractors might just as well be proven right. But it's too early for such conclusions right now.

But who had one of the most valuable teams in the world a few seasons back ( most of which he inherited or had chosen for him)

Monaco had a shoestring budget by their system produced Mbappe, Bernardo Silva, Lemar, Fabinho to name a few which is why they beat PSG to the league. Jardim who was the manager did absolutely nothing in his two spells following the break up of that title winning team.

If Pochettino was is talented and responsible for the success of that period why did he come undone the moment that team started to mature? Why was he fearing the sack in after his first 10 games in charge when we were losing to West Brom and Newcastle at home? Why have our big money signings last summer flopped if he was such a developer of talent?

Why couldn’t he survive two windows without signings but Jurgen Klopp could win a title?

Every club Poch has left as a manager has been in a complete mess than they were before his arrival .

The thing is we can't tell yet if he's the wrong man or not. We could have gone for a different type of manager such as Nagelsmann or Rose (although neither would have been available until the summer at least), but they would have also been a gamble.

Years from now we'll have a definite answer to this. Mourinho's detractors might just as well be proven right. But it's too early for such conclusions right now.

No such thing as too early or too late.

I think we were wrong to sack Poch, but right to then go for Mourinho.

Unfortunately, if we don't back him we won't solve the squad problem, and then the manager doesn't really matter.

Back
Top Bottom