Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Difference being I don’t drive when I’m drunk unlike you cider boy

Difference being I don’t drink drive - I am literally on first name terms with my local taxi firm whereas your reckless driving is a self-confessed fact.

And don’t try to be amusing about speeding in future - it’s not funny, and nor are you.

Looking fairly comfortable for periods of time. Team knackered at 60 from having no target man. I fear that Lucas’ days may be numbered - unless he has an option on the wing. Jose’s teams need to be really clinical and neither Sonny nor Lucas’ finishing has been ruthless enough. Harry will be fine, though.

pains me to say it

Sonny and Lucas poor today

i tot his formation is looking unbalanced now. for eg, he started son as wing-forward as usual. then son tracks back to help the fullback as expected. bt he has to double up as a makeshift cf as well. too much ground to cover. Jose doesnt seem to be good at tactics without a key cf.

i tot his formation is looking unbalanced now. for eg, he started son as wing-forward as usual. then son tracks back to help the fullback as expected. bt he has to double up as a makeshift cf as well. too much ground to cover. Jose doesnt seem to be good at tactics without a key cf.
I’m not sure many managers are...and we don’t have the personnel to play effectively without one. It’s been an Achilles heel since Kane has become number one because we only play with one striker and so been difficult to attract a second.
Makes binning off Nando and Big Vin understandable, but inexcusable.

Not sure you understand how Jose plays, and indeed has played for years, he plays four at the back but gives one fullback a licence to attack, he plays two in front of the back four a defender and a distributor, pretty much that back six formation doesn't change.

He plays four attackers in front of them in various formations and that will vary depending on the opposition, without Kane we've still created a whole heap of chances, we've just missed them. It's not the tactics that are wrong, Son and Lucas getting in behind the last man worked perfectly yesterday, they fact is they just kept missing.

Any team is going to miss a Harry Kane that's a given, there's not a lot more Mourinho can do without a second striker, and clearly he believes Parrott isn't there yet. If you look at the way we play we are morphing into a typical Mourinho side ... central defenders not afraid to get wide, full backs not afraid to go forward (Ryan needs more freedom) and whilst we clearly lack the top quality DM, and it's probably unlikely one can be acquired this January, we are already playing with that deep midfield two, up front we're playing with a fluid front four albeit short of Kane or a back-up CF ....

Where Man Utd didn't have the personnel to play this way, they had a back line of statues, we certainly do, in fact it suits more mobile players like Sanchez, Tanganga and Davies who are all capable at CB or FB ... give Foyth a decent loan, or develop him further in house, and these could be our four CB's for the next five years or more. Add in Serge who is only 27 and Ryan who is barely out of nappies and our defence looks in good hands ... probably why Mourinho took the job (that and the money) they are just made for his tactics.

With plenty of distributor options in the squad what's missing is the 'rock' the DM who just gets in the way - Kante, Fernandinho, Fabinho or a younger Busquets .... get a player of that quality and we will fly.

Kane coming back will just be a massive bonus ...

Jose just about got the tactics right. Mistakes might well have cost us and changed the game, but given the limitations of what he had to work with, we managed to keep them in check for the most part.

Winks and Lo Celso are interesting in the double pivot because they're both so busy, when we drop back a little bit deeper they're able to be all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom