Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

These be shit for 65 minutes and then go nuts tactics aren't good for my heart.

It's like being with a chap who has no confidence until he drinks. We're all awkward and reserved for the first 70 minutes. And then all of a sudden, we're all:

200.gif

I actually found the match entertaining. For the most part it wasn’t enjoyable, but the 2nd half certainly wasn’t boring. A 3-2 win with a dramatic late comeback.

In the last two or three games there’s been real signs of quality. Brief moments where everything clicks and we look like we did at the height of the Pochettino era. It seems that confidence is still low, and it leads to hesitant performances.

I’m on the fence when it comes to Mourinho, but he’s getting results with several key injuries.

I’d much rather grind out results like Mou has and play ugly football than play “beautiful” football like Poch did and get smacked for loss after loss. I’d like to actually win things and Mou is more likely to do that than Poch ever was.

I’d much rather grind out results like Mou has and play ugly football than play “beautiful” football like Poch did and get smacked for loss after loss. I’d like to actually win things and Mou is more likely to do that than Poch ever was.

Probably. This was a much stronger line-up than Pochettino would have used. Mourinho even made a point of saying how he would have played a stronger team if possible.

I loved Pochettino, but he screwed us over every time we were in within touching distance of success.

Probably. This was a much stronger line-up than Pochettino would have used. Mourinho even made a point of saying how he would have played a stronger team if possible.

I loved Pochettino, but he screwed us over every time we were in within touching distance of success.

Agreed. The fact that Poch screwed us over in so many winnable cup matches because he didn’t value them is one of the most infuriating things I have ever seen as a supporter.

From what I can see tactics wise, I think I can figure out what he was trying to do. Southampton came out of the gates pressing and we were just jogging around hardly pressing at all and they had a lot of off ball movement where we really didn't.

He took off a defender for a mobile midfielder and apart from their second goal which was a great one, the final quarter of the match was all us. For all their possession I doubt they would have had more than 5 more shots than us and we played without a striker.

I think it was one of the players after the city game that hinted about Jose being much more tactics based than they are used to.

So frustrating as a fan to watch but after so many years of winning every stat but goals scored I'm OK with this.

From what I can see tactics wise, I think I can figure out what he was trying to do. Southampton came out of the gates pressing and we were just jogging around hardly pressing at all and they had a lot of off ball movement where we really didn't.

He took off a defender for a mobile midfielder and apart from their second goal which was a great one, the final quarter of the match was all us. For all their possession I doubt they would have had more than 5 more shots than us and we played without a striker.

I think it was one of the players after the city game that hinted about Jose being much more tactics based than they are used to.

So frustrating as a fan to watch but after so many years of winning every stat but goals scored I'm OK with this.

It's very rare to have the half fit/ unfit quality we had somewhat unavailable for 90 minutes today.

Davies, Wanyama, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dele, Lamela, Bergwijn, Kane. Lost KWP and Rose with the right calls to be proactive. That's a top 6-8 quality outfield team we couldn't rely on for 90 minutes tonight right there alone. Imagine the shit show Southampton would have looked like tonight to take equivalent quality they have out. No Ings, Redmond etc they'd have been slaughtered from the off.

We were bleeding numbers tonight, it's a great result for the lads. With a very winnable game at home to Norwich next and hopefully a favourable draw should we make it through, a semi final looks a real possibility for the club after tonight's result. This result shouldn't be taken lightly it's a big shot in the arm to keep heads and moral high.

I honestly don’t give a fuck how we play as long as we win. I don’t care if it’s the most boring terrible game as long as we win.

I would rather win ugly than lose pretty. Fuck that.

I love Jose that is all. When Poch was in trouble, he was the only person I wanted. Such a good manager.

His tacical genius, in game management and general persona is world class.

Players were crawling over each other to sign for us in the window. Even ex gooner scum.

Long may he reign. :mourbye:

It's probably going to take a while yet for the squad to fully shift over to Mourinho's methods. We are transitioning from being a system club, where we play the same way against every opponent to being a tactics team that adapts based on the opponent.

Habits are hard to break.

Last edited:
Still don't think we can blame JM for us not playing well. He took over a squad with some weird systemic issues and he is trying to work these out while bringing in his own ethos.
Although, if we are playing like this, this time next year then that will be disappointing.

It's probably going to take a while yet for the squad to fully shift over to Mourinho's methods. We are transitioning from being a system club, where we play the same way against every opponent to being a tactics team that adapts based on the opponent.

Habits are hard to break.

Interesting, never thought of it like that

Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho

We will win something under him. The players know it. He knows it. The fans are starting to know it.

IT WILL HAPPEN because we finally have a real manager who can set up a team in a way to WIN no matter what.

Play shit against the most expensive team in the world - WIN.

Play shit against resurgent Soton team, with hardly any possession - WIN

That is how you win trophies.

Back
Top Bottom