Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don’t get me wrong , I am delighted that the results have picked up of late but based off our performances the next defeat is not far away

Well under Jose played 19 lost 5. Won 10. So yeah. 2 wins means we are due a loss. And wouldn’t be a massive surprise if that loss was at Chelsea. We lose more than we win there. A draw would be a good result for us.

But cutting off the dead wood is a definite start. Think Gedson and Stephen look like good additions too.

Think we can feel somewhat positive heading into the final 3rd of the season.

He said in his press conference yesterday that no, he didn´t/couldn´t improve the team tactically yet. It´s going to take time.

I honestly don’t give a fuck how we play as long as we win. I don’t care if it’s the most boring terrible game as long as we win.

I would rather win ugly than lose pretty. Fuck that.
After winning sod all for years, I'm coming round to this way of thinking. Would be lovely to win playing scintillating football all the time, but I'd take a win now, by hook or by crook!

I think the main reason Poch is brought up is because for three years we were told that “not one manager could improve us”.

Well, one has.
Any idiot could have improved on Poch's lowest point. You dont pay 15m a year for that. We will see if Mourinho get improve us on Poch's highest. Thats what hes being paid for. I think and hope he will win us something finally. But theres nothing too exciting about being better than 14th when just last season we were top 4 and CL finalists.

Any idiot could have improved on Poch's lowest point. You dont pay 15m a year for that. We will see if Mourinho get improve us on Poch's highest. Thats what hes being paid for. I think and hope he will win us something finally. But theres nothing too exciting about being better than 14th when just last season we were top 4 and CL finalists.
Move the goalposts all you want.
People said no manager could do better so he shouldn’t be sacked.

Well Jose is doing better. He’s got Lo Celso looking like a world beater in less games than Poch did (because you know, it takes two years so why even play him) and we are advancing in a domestic cup, and sit just 4pts off top 4.

So while any idiot could see it, only the true idiots denied it was possible.

It’s a little difficult to get to a CL final in February don’t you think? Was getting hammered 7-2 at home exciting?
And “better than 14th”, in this case, is a chance to go 4th within the next two games. Again, it’s February.

If Jose can pull off 4th, in two thirds of a season, will you re asses that it was a miracle that Poch did it in a whole season?
If we win the FA Cup, will it be “punching above our weight”?

You’re still all about the failings, and lost finals, and the top 4 trophy.
It’s a new era, and we have a manager that wins things as a mantra. Time to start looking upwards.

Move the goalposts all you want.
People said no manager could do better so he shouldn’t be sacked.

Well Jose is doing better. He’s got Lo Celso looking like a world beater in less games than Poch did (because you know, it takes two years so why even play him) and we are advancing in a domestic cup, and sit just 4pts off top 4.

So while any idiot could see it, only the true idiots denied it was possible.

It’s a little difficult to get to a CL final in February don’t you think? Was getting hammered 7-2 at home exciting?
And “better than 14th”, in this case, is a chance to go 4th within the next two games. Again, it’s February.

If Jose can pull off 4th, in two thirds of a season, will you re asses that it was a miracle that Poch did it in a whole season?
If we win the FA Cup, will it be “punching above our weight”?

You’re still all about the failings, and lost finals, and the top 4 trophy.
It’s a new era, and we have a manager that wins things as a mantra. Time to start looking upwards.

And I can’t see how Colchester would have beaten us with José in charge

Back
Top Bottom