Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like how he set up today.

Tbh I'm enjoying the tactics and strategy as a whole. Subs that not only make sense but are well timed. So many times in the last month have I thought "Player did well coming on as a sub".

Big test this weekend. I hope that the amazon crew capture his team talks or even discussions with Joao about how best to deal with teams like Villa as well as City.

I wonder how many shithousing wins we will get before I finally admit to myself that Jose knows better than me :D

I like how he set up today. Although he was helped by the fact that Villa played a high-line for some weird reason, we absolutely cut through that defence, and with better finishing this would've been ugly for them. Still, 3 points at the end of the day, and 1 point behind Chavs. One thing is for certain, he will try his absolute best not to lose there, and if that means sacrificing his favourites like Dele, he will do it.
If Dele is fit then he plays, he has a great record against the chavs.

However I have a sinking feeling that Jose won’t have a choice in the matter because the FA may enforce a one game ban against Dele just in time for the weekend.

:mourcry:

Significant change to Poch is picking the right players. As frustrating as it may be, neither Verts or Ndombele justified playing a role yesterday. Poch would've probably started both with leaving Davies completely out of the match to regain fitness. Although that is just my opinion of course.

He's not holding back against Son and Dele, which is important if they continue wasting chances like yesterday. There is also a bit of more of admitting to mistakes than the constant "we were unlucky" from Poch, which is refreshing to see.

One thing that is most worrying is the leaky defence. Villa could and probably should have been 2 or 3-0 up after 20 mins. We took over the game after that, but even so we looked porous.

Significant change to Poch is picking the right players. As frustrating as it may be, neither Verts or Ndombele justified playing a role yesterday. Poch would've probably started both with leaving Davies completely out of the match to regain fitness. Although that is just my opinion of course.

He's not holding back against Son and Dele, which is important if they continue wasting chances like yesterday. There is also a bit of more of admitting to mistakes than the constant "we were unlucky" from Poch, which is refreshing to see.

Well that's a matter of opinion - I thought Lo Celso should have started

I like how he set up today. Although he was helped by the fact that Villa played a high-line for some weird reason, we absolutely cut through that defence, and with better finishing this would've been ugly for them. Still, 3 points at the end of the day, and 1 point behind Chavs. One thing is for certain, he will try his absolute best not to lose there, and if that means sacrificing his favourites like Dele, he will do it.

Hope we don’t end up at the end of the season regretting that we didn’t make the change two months earlier after the Bayern Munich game. There was a really ugly run of 3 points from next 5 games after the Bayern rout, starting with the 3-0 defeat at Brighton and a 1-1 home draw against bottom of the table Watford.

Hope we don’t end up at the end of the season regretting that we didn’t make the change two months earlier after the Bayern Munich game. There was a really ugly run of 3 points from next 5 games after the Bayern rout, starting with the 3-0 defeat at Brighton and a 1-1 home draw against bottom of the table Watford.
I think the Bayern and Brighton games were the watershed moments, clear signs that something was broken and had to be fixed.

If Dele is fit then he plays, he has a great record against the chavs.

However I have a sinking feeling that Jose won’t have a choice in the matter because the FA may enforce a one game ban against Dele just in time for the weekend.

:mourcry:
I think as of right now some fucker FA official is sitting at home thinking of a way to fuck Mourinho over before the Chavs game.

If he was dragging the bins out of your front garden and hitching them up onto the back of a garbage truck to be tipped in, nothing would feel out of place. :D

"Alright Jose! Cor, bit tasty this morning (*rubs hands*), busy day?" :sherwoodlol:

"Yyez...evrlybody dirtee, lazy bastards, don't leeve binz by dee gate!" :mourcheeks:

qPEiZJ4.jpg

The time to sack Poch was after the Brighton game. It was obvious then it had gone tits up yet we limped on. I can understand why though, levy probably wanted to give him a bit more time to try and turn it around.

Back
Top Bottom