Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Said it before he's completely finished as a manager has been since 2015 and it was the dying embers of his management career back then. Man Utd took a big gamble when they hired him hoping there was still a top class manager and it got proven in the end there was absolutely not. Fast forward to 2019 and our gormless stuck in a timewarp, tight ass chairman the one who's lauded in the media as a shrewd and frugal guy decides to invest large sums of money to bring him in.

He must interview very well

£54m contract

:mourlmao:

Remind me who said that he didn’t need any more players. Ok there are injuries but which club hasn’t got them?

When things aren’t going his way Jose is poisonous and that’s why clubs sack him.

As for reports that he has put the ball in the boards court in that they have to choose between the league or the CL if correct suggest tome he should be gone now. He is paid vast sums to find a way and irrespective of losing Kane and Son , which seems to be his main issue, he is the one that in public said this squad was good eneough.

He won those trophies at

Real Madrid
Chelsea
Man Ure

Champagne clubs or clubs willing to shop in Harrods.

He's now looking to buy his champagne in Lidl and only knows the words Louis Roederer
He won CL at Porto, Primark.
Also won CL at inter beating the favourites, a very strong Barca team.

We are and we should have won.

Just a shame Lucas couldn't square it to Dele or we couldn't put away another one of the 19 shots we had at goal.
So if we win it’s on Jose, if we lose it’s because of individual errors?

We had the same possession and shots (pretty much) as them. This is Norwich at home!!!

We showed in the opening 10 mins and following their equaliser we’re a superior team. Just like we showed when going behind against Leipzig that we can compete with them and put them under pressure. Our tactical setup negated our ability to win both games much more than individual errors.

You make so many excuses for Jose. You called the Leipzig game “almost a Jose masterclass”. It’s quite frankly embarrassing.

What are you seeing tactically that makes you so optimistic about the direction he’s taking us?

His track record is as relevant as George Grahams was when we appointed him (2 league titles, FA cup, league cup, cup winners cup) He started to lose it after their 91 title, became more and more negative and led them back to mid table. Did ok at Leeds and even did alright with us for 12 months, results wise at least. But it was diminishing returns and the game had moved on with attacking sides like United and Newcastle. I cant see anyway out of this now other than admit our mistake at the end of the season or waste a summer giving him some players and then him moaning its not enough and we cant compete before a classic Tottenham sacking in October/November and writing off another season.

This has probably been shared on here already, but there's a lot of pages to check, and I don't have the time.

I don't get this. What's he supposed to do? He was stood on the touchline all game communicating with his players. At this point he'd done all he could, and the players were stood in the centre circle, waiting their turn to kick a ball (badly) in the general direction of the goal. Seems like an odd stick to beat him with.

I'm not generally interested in whataboutery, but Poch was very frequently slumped in his seat, doing zero to influence the team during games, but those that won't have a bad word to say about him seem most likely to use things like we see in the video above as a stick to beat Mourinho with.

Last edited:
You think I give a fuck that he won the title for our rivals?

Didn’t help George Graham here did it?

I’m interested to know what you’ve seen tactically that makes you optimistic we’re moving in the right direction?

If I remember rightly Graham achieved something that we are desperate to see our manager do...

He won a trophy.

Mourinho's needs time to make the changes he feels are needed and 3 and a half months and a January transfer window is nowhere near enough, particularly as his options are severely limited by injuries.

You want him out. I want him to be given a chance.

Let's leave it at that.

Woah, woah, woah

This is the Mourinho who is boasting about working these players harder than they've ever been worked before. This is the Mourinho that is talking about "pain".

When Jose was presented as manager it was "He'll change things, he's a winner", now it's "Ah, but everyone is so tired and mentally fatigued".

Are the Jose cabal trying to set a world record for number of different excuses in a season?

When’s he said that, I must of missed those quotes?

All he’s said for the last month is how tired the attackers are or how over worked they are but he doesn’t have any other options. Unless of course you think player’s fitness levels don’t effect performance of course!

If I remember rightly Graham achieved something that we are desperate to see our manager do...

He won a trophy.

Mourinho's needs time to make the changes he feels are needed and 3 and a half months and a January transfer window is nowhere near enough, particularly as his options are severely limited by injuries.

You want him out. I want him to be given a chance.

Let's leave it at that.
Fair enough.

I don’t think we can say the George Graham experiment was a success though.

So if we win it’s on Jose, if we lose it’s because of individual errors?

We had the same possession and shots (pretty much) as them. This is Norwich at home!!!

We showed in the opening 10 mins and following their equaliser we’re a superior team. Just like we showed when going behind against Leipzig that we can compete with them and put them under pressure. Our tactical setup negated our ability to win both games much more than individual errors.

You make so many excuses for Jose. You called the Leipzig game “almost a Jose masterclass”. It’s quite frankly embarrassing.

What are you seeing tactically that makes you so optimistic about the direction he’s taking us?

If we win, it's because we were the better team.

The only excuse I've made for Jose is that this team has been hideously mismanaged by the previous manager and the football now is no worse than it was beforehand. Yes, it was Norwich. We also lost to a League Two side on penalties under the previous manager.

Im not looking at anything tactically. We don't have the players to play the way he would want us to. I think that's obvious. We are missing our two top goalscorers from the previous 2 seasons, who are statistically the best attacking partnership in the leagues history and a change and chop back four every week.

I think the fans need to realise we aren't as good as we once were. But that's not because of Mourinho mate.

Here's an idea Mr Levy

Sack Mourinho, re-appoint the most promising, over achieving manager in a generation, and give him the proper backing and support he called out for 2 years ago when you hid under the fucking sheets and neglected about your football team.

Your funniest post yet

All credit to you
lol 😆

This has probably been shared on here already, but there's a lot of pages to check, and I don't have the time.

I don't get this. What's he supposed to do? He was stood on the touchline all game communicating with his players. At this point he'd done all he could, and the players were stood in the centre circle, waiting their turn to kick a ball (badly) in the general direction of the goal. Seems like an odd stick to beat him with.

I'm not generally interested in whataboutery, but Poch was very frequently slumped in his seat, doing zero to influence the team during games, but those that won't have a bad word to say about him seem most likely to use things like we see in the video above as a stick to beat Mourinho with.

Pep doesnt watch penalties either

So you think setting up against Norwich tonight like they were barcelona is due to the last 5 years? Or a manager that ain't got a clue about modern day football anymore?
I remember your name from a few months back. You were whining about Poch too. Poch was shit, Mourinho is shit, then who was good? Timothy Sherwood or Villas boas?

He’s always been nervous during penalty shootouts throughout his career. Just couldn’t bear to watch last night it seemed to me.

The man’s biggest fault is drawing a big target on his head with his mouth. No matter what he does now, he will always be judged differently from others.

Back
Top Bottom