Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Mourinho fails, it's:

Levy's fault for hiring him
-or-
Levy's fault for not backing him

So either way Mourinho gets to skate it seems. I'm more in the "Levy never should have hired him" camp but let's give him the 14 league games Poch got last season - seems fair.

"Lazy pressure. Lazy pressure up front, that is what I am saying, and that creates unbalanced situations for the rest of the team.

"I could also feel that some of my players are not fit. Matt [Doherty] was struggling to play the way he plays and the way you want him to play, as an example.

"We also had other players that were a little bit in trouble from a physical point of view. Two very strange pre-seasons for some and in other cases not even a pre-season, but congratulations to my dear friend Carlo and the Everton boys."

Wow, whatever "Mr Nice Guy" medication he is on it's definitely working !

Lazy pressure? Doesn't that come down to management? What I saw was a complete shit show in terms of a cohesive approach to pressure.

Dele would make a sprint, but everyone behind him would be jogging and not cutting down on the options.

Kane would make a sprint and the same thing happened.

He is blaming players, AGAIN, for his shit deployment.

SH were pretty shit yesterday as a team when it came to pressing as a team, but during that run after lockdown, Ralph had everyone in sync. That's how we played under Poch when we scored the most the squad has ever scored.

I've been done with his man since the rumors of his appt, but now I am about to book a flight to London and stand out in front of the training ground in a Dinosaur suit.

Maybe I'll just paddle over there

If Mourinho fails, it's:

Levy's fault for hiring him
-or-
Levy's fault for not backing him

So either way Mourinho gets to skate it seems. I'm more in the "Levy never should have hired him" camp but let's give him the 14 league games Poch got last season - seems fair.
Poch had enough credit in the bank to get those 14 games last season. Other than that 4 or 5 game bounce when Mourinho came its been bloody torture. Not sure i could watch another 13 games of this.

Poch had enough credit in the bank to get those 14 games last season. Other than that 4 or 5 game bounce when Mourinho came its been bloody torture. Not sure i could watch another 13 games of this.
I thought Poch had enough credit to last until Xmas, so I may be overestimating Levy's patience. In any case, the window closes October 5th. Our business to close out the window will go a long way to determining Mourinho's fate one way or another, for one reason or another.

I'm going to lay out my pentagram and candles on the floor and chant Reguilón for the rest of the evening. Night, all.

18253f83f47c377d32fb360306a6c60a.gif
Glad someone is taking this seriously.

I think Levy appointed him to save the Amazon documentary.

I respect Jose and his success but he was the wrong choice for this club. He needs big players, big personalities, a big chequebook. We have average players, pussy mentalities and no money.

Levy simply fucked up. Again.
He fared pretty well last season. Short memories

No!!! We need to focus on a young manager that has a new vision of what it takes in the modern game.

Jose is stuck in his ways, but Sarri might be even worse.
Sarri's Napoli teams were fantastic to watch - he's not in the same vein as most Italian managers.

Plus he sucks on a unlit cigarette for 90 minutes.

I don’t recall us playing well in any of those games post-lockdown, can you? A few good spells against Newcastle and that’s it. Awful against Sheff Utd, awful against Bournemouth and so on. When we won, we were still fucking shit. Sure, points wise it was a good return but the signs weren’t encouraging. Today it just confirmed it.
Only difference in the post lockdown performances was Kane. That's it.

Kane had 5 months off to get healthy for the first time in two years, took a couple matches to get match fit and then was banging them in.

Kane basically saved Mourinho's job, and he's probably the only thing that will save it now.

I think Levy appointed him to save the Amazon documentary.

I respect Jose and his success but he was the wrong choice for this club. He needs big players, big personalities, a big chequebook. We have average players, pussy mentalities and no money.

Levy simply fucked up. Again.
If Levy admitted this I would forgive him. It clearly was a great move for the show.

Jose is possibly the wrong man for the job. He’s far too big for us and no amount of training, tactics or passion / aggression is going to give Dier and Toby pace or Davies an ability to cross or winks the ability to pass 10 fucking yards.

Jose is just another ass covering appointment by Levy. It feels like for years Levy has thought the answer was Jose, that says a lot about Levy and his grip on football. That is not Jose’s fault.

the other thing I would point out is that Ancellotti is older than Jose. Has won less. But has a board that backed him in the summer....make of that what you will.

I really feel the lack of fans motivating them leads to these lifeless displays. Not a lot different to the friendlies we saw. I always said that watching Spurs will be the death of me but my blood pressure did not change even when the goal went in. 4 mins extra time, could have been 40 and we would still not have scored. I really was glad when the whistle went to put me out of my misery. Not watching other teams and maybe they are coping better but I did not feel this way earlier in the season even after Moutinho arrived.

Back
Top Bottom