Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Subbing Ndombele and Son out was a mistake. Why the hell did he bring Moura in? Was it because of injury worries?

Westham knew Bale was just coming back from a long layoff and Moura is not really a big goal threat. They really started attacking after Ndom and Son left the field. Jose's mistake today. Sanchez though...... dreadful.....

Pretty standard response to the lead IMO and although we were 3-0 inside the first quarter of the game, I didn't feel safe at all with that lead. We are far too open at the moment and saw that against Man U, but they were down to 10 men, so they couldn't exploit it as well. He has to figure out how to get more muscle in the middle of the pitch.

PEH/Sissoko/Ndombele is the only muscle we have.... Unless you want go 4CMs and add Dier to the mix.

Subbing Ndombele and Son out was a mistake. Why the hell did he bring Moura in? Was it because of injury worries?

Westham knew Bale was just coming back from a long layoff and Moura is not really a big goal threat. They really started attacking after Ndom and Son left the field. Jose's mistake today. Sanchez though...... dreadful.....
Mourinho hasn't done any fault today, it was freak results . How many times you watch a football game and see a team bottled 3-0 lead in the last 10 minutes ? Couldn't remember any for the last few season.
Jose's first chelsea and inter team was very good at defending , basically it's game over when they scored 1 goal , his main focus now is to make us solid at the back cause i don't think we have any problem in scoring goals.

Yep, it's quite simple. Once they scored we froze and panicked so we conceded another with an awful own goal. After that we were hanging on by our fingertips but it took an incredible shot to get the draw.
Disappointing yes but not soul destroying. We learn, turn the page and move on.
:coys:

Agreed. We simply panicked. A lot of you are criticizing the substitutions but come on, if we’re honest, we had enough qualities (even though they’re not the best) on that pitch to hold a 3-0 lead with 10 minutes to go!

Agreed. We simply panicked. A lot of you are criticizing the substitutions but come on, if we’re honest, we had enough qualities (even though they’re not the best) on that pitch to hold a 3-0 lead with 10 minutes to go!

Absolutely if it was 1-0 the criticism might be valid but at 3-0 no way. Some of our players have played themselves out of a future at the club, I can’t imagine Mourinho has much patience.

I know your hinting at Harry only staying on because he was on a hat trick, but there were times in the first half where he was also our best defender, so your agenda doesnt work again for Harry!
I am not really hinting. I have said probably way too many times last couple days for the taste of many but anyway without fully understanding your qst pardon me

So even Mourinho has to heed to Kanes desire for the hat trick on the particular match we just had? I probably would have left him as well mow that I think. Better questions would be

Would Jose Mourinho make the same decision on the next time ?

I am not really hinting. I have said probably way too many times last couple days for the taste of many but anyway without fully understanding your qst pardon me

So even Mourinho has to heed to Kanes desire for the hat trick on the particular match we just had? I probably would have left him as well mow that I think. Better questions would be

Would Jose Mourinho make the same decision on the next time ?
The being on a hat trick is irrelevant though, Kane was all over the pitch and at times our best defender as well

I don't think criticizing his subs is without merit. Especially considering two of the subs contibuted significantly to the last two goals we conceded. Maybe just maybe the players who were on the bench were also distracted by the hype surrounding the return of Bale?

The being on a hat trick is irrelevant though, Kane was all over the pitch and at times our best defender as well
Kane was all over the pitch and at times our best defender as well. Probably our best defender that might especially on sets. Being on hattric is relevant though.

Feel like he, the coaching staff and the team all lost focus in the match.

I was screaming at the tv from the 20th minute, we just looked so complacent.

I assumed half time would come and Mourinho would remind them the match wasn't over.......but almost straight away West Ham were on top and we had a let off when Fornals missed.

I assumed then that Mourinho or a coach would be on the touch line bollocking the players......but no, nothing.

Then we make a series of subs that make us weaker and weaker and it was all so predictable, in the end we were lucky they didn't have time to score another.

He really needs to sit down with some of these players and talk about their mentalities.
3-0 doesn't mean you can sit back and collect free 3 pts. Kane and Son can't carry the team all season, being subbed-in means you have responsibilities and weight on your shoulder to improve the team not downgrade. If you are 3-0 up, play like we need 6-0 to win.

Didn't Kane played a lot of minutes during international? Didn't he even picked up a knock? Or had bad clash with someone? Jose should have taken him out. If you let him play he will play himself to the ground. I m sure it isn't hard to see

He warranted staying on the pitch due to being one of our best defenders.
And yet his defensive header from that last free kick was weak, which put pressure on Winks, which...

Imagine that had been Dier, he would be getting roasted.

I'm not digging Harry out, obviously, just that mistakes are collective affairs. My father-in-law was chief mechanic for Iberia at Madrid Airport, he told me about a training course they had done examining just this. They looked at an incident in which the windscreen of a 747 completely blew out at cruising altitude (thankfully the pilot managed to land the plane without any injury to anyone). Anyhow, they traced the evolution of the fault, which was initially attibuted to one person or service area, and found that ten or so people or units had been involved, each contributing a small but unnoticed addition to the problem until its awful conclusion.

He said the course had pretty much changed his life in some ways, not just professionally, but also in many other contexts. The one that occurred to me was football (he's a big fan too) and he agreed, how a goal against or a sending off or whatever is the culmination of a series of events, that pinning the blame on one person - Aurier, Kane, Winks, Lloris is insane, yes all those played their part but so did other elements that may have gone unnoticed, and other actors at earlier stages - Bale missing, Sánchez's own goal, Reguilon allowing the player inside, Moura not tracking back, Kane not passing to a better placed striker, Mourinho's sub choices etc etc etc.

Whenever I see one player being scapegoated I think back to this conversation. Pinning it all on one player is little more than venting your own prejudices and frustrations

Back
Top Bottom